TFW2005 Gallery of MP17 Prowl Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 7, 2013.

1. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    I need the right color paint for my Prowl.. one of the eyes is only painted 2/3 of the way down. :(  Only defect though. Lookg great otherwise. If anyone decides to take the head apart, I'd love to see pics before i attempt it myself.

2. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gorgeous. I can't look at this figure enough! I own 2. I have one open and ill be keeping the other sealed. They both came with launchers so Prowl looks perfect with his G1 toy launchers! Can't wait for Streak! A few more weeks for him.

3. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Mine FINALLY arrived. I almost didn't want to transform him out of vehicle mode...it's such a beautiful car. Can't wait for Bluestreak & Smokescreen.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap that looks cool indeed.

5. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh! I think that I am in love! *laughs* Prowl 1 of the 3 1st Transformers that I had as a kid. So I am really looking forward to getting mine. It is still in the mail, but I am looking forward to it!

6. Impossiblepie

Impossiblepie Active Member

With shipping I paid $102 for Prowl, is that a good price?
    I couldn't wait to see if Hasbro will release these ones, so I had to get it!
    my first Takara MP! can't wait for him to arrive in the mail!!

7. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    $102....seems a bit steep. Where did you buy it from?

8. Impossiblepie

I got off ebay,

I paid $89 for it and then $12 for shipping.

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Nice gallery!

Mine's in the mail

10. Impossiblepie

Just got Prowl in the mail, he looks awesome! I haven't transformed him yet but the only issue is mine's front wheels don't move in car mode because of something scrapping the from the bottom.

But it's a small issue, but it's something that Takara could fix with thicker (rubber) tires in the future. just make the tires a little bigger.

11. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

^ try pushing up on that arm assembly. There's likely something not tabbed in properly. ONce you transform him then back, I'd wager that he rolls just fine. The clearance is small, but when transformed correctly, he should roll on all 4. Enjoy! I love mine.

12. Impossiblepie

Thanks for the tip, I agree he's fantastic! it's my first Takara MP, so far I only have Hasbro but I don't want to wait to see if Hasbro will be releasing these, I'm just going to get the Takara Autobots!

13. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well… I just got in my Prowl’s today. And I am a happy customer! I was looking forward to this because he was 1 of the 3 1st Transformers as a kid. So a lot of memories attached to this guy.

Still playing with him to get used to him a little better… but still am looking for little ‘quirks.’ Because I have heard a few design flaw critiques already.

Mine has an overall nice pain job. I see no issues there. Did notice though before transforming him (so straight from the box) that all 4 of his wheels don't roll evenly when I was pushing him. And that is on my computer desk which is a smooth, varnished wood. But so far… that is all that I could see that was an issue. The detailing is nice, I like the face sculpt, but now I have to figure out how I am going to store him. Being white plastic, I don’t want to put him someplace where he yellows.

But I like I em’!

He’s about the same height (in robot mode) & length (in car mode) as Sideswipe, but the thing that I am still getting used to is that he looks so much leaner next to Sideswipe. Taller & leaner. But that is cool. Comes with a lot less stuff… but that is because of the fact that everything is attached to him. That & I am getting used to his shoulders. They have a lot more flexibility than Sideswipe’s… so mine is kind of sitting there like he has something shoved up his tailpipe.

Like I said… I am still playing with him… but he almost feels like to me that he is not as steady on his feet as Sideswipe. I don’t know if this is a design thing with him… or just something on mine… but that is what I notice. And just because of the fact that I was playing with my KO Red Alert last week, & this something that it does… the light bar on Prowl’s roof DOES NOT come off. I am not sure if the official release of Red Alert does the same, but the KO Red Alert’s siren pops off. So I don’t know if this is an issue since they didn’t come out with Bluestreak or Smokescreen yet… but that is something that I noticed. Neat figure though!

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Prowl looks beautiful in these pictures.

15. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

Oh no. I recommend ordering from Hobbylink Japan. Their prices seem misleading because they're in Yen, but depending on where you're from, the currency conversion could leave you with a significant discount on the usual asking price.

They're not currently taking orders for Bluestreak or Smokescreen, but I definitely recommend keeping an eye peeled for them and other MPs as they come along. With the exception of their order processing process, which is a little confusing, I had an excellent experience with them when ordering and receiving Prowl.

16. rayken

rayken Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay immediately when you pre order at HLJ?
    Never ordered there but the shop prices are nice.

17. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

No. They just want you to pay within 3 days of it being made available for shipment. From there, you have the option of keeping it in your "Personal Warehouse" (a little like TFSource's Stacking option), and you can generate an order from there. Unlike TFSource who will hold orders indefinitely it seems, Hobbylink will hold orders for up to 60 days. That's pretty reasonable, I think.

About Private Warehouse

18. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I had no idea websitres besides BBTS did the pile of loot thing. I assumed they had a copyright on that feature.