TFW2005 Feb 2014 Creative Spotlight

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Secretcode, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Just want to jump in here. This is meant to be a fun highlight of some awesome stuff from the previous month. Not a complete list, just whatever tickles TFW2005 staff's fancy when looking things over near the end of each month.

Seeing as there is a little strife over what gets/doesn't get posted, we will try to map out a set of guidelines that influence our decisions before next month, that way people have at least some idea as to why things were chosen or not. It won't be exact, "do this and it's featured", but it should help understand the process a bit better.

And, if this continues on, we will continue to alter and adjust those guidelines as necessary. Learning as we go here, try things till it works.

Until then, just keep posting, and looking (like me) in Radicons and have fun!

Later!

2. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was bummed my Mebsuta Magnus (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/974313-ultra-magnus-who-can-deal.html) wasn't on there for a sec but then quickly remembered that I already have had a bunch of people say they liked it, a couple who are emulating it, some well known TF people on Facebook show it and Seibertron feature it.

But even if it was just a few positive comments that's enough. I made it for me, not for praise. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're proud of your work then that is more than enough.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Congrats to all who were featured!

4. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

I wasn't trying to criticize or misdirect, I was just saying that I understand why someone would be disappointed when they worked hard on something only to have someone decided that it's not worth highlighting. Self-satisfaction only gets you so far, all artists need exposure no matter how confident they are in their work.

I was addressing the idea that telling someone to be proud of themselves somehow precludes disappointment. Self-satisfaction has nothing to do with one's desire to gain exposure for their work, those are two different things :peoples: 

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with your post, I just thought that particular response to your post wasn't really appropriate to the situation at hand.

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just going to refer to AoE Lockdown as Gunface. I'm sure that was Michael Bay's code name through most of production.

6. hedgehogz

hedgehogz Member

It it makes you feel better. I don't understand the spot light. Your customs are not the only noteworthy ones to not make it either.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/976190-mp-galvatron-pumpkinblade-creations-pb03.html

I think you need to pay to get on this list?

7. Secretcode

Secretcode Guilty of Cheese Crimes Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No.

At no point has money ever exchanged hands between a user for a community spotlight feature and the staff who put these together. Spotlights are chosen from customs that stand out to the people who assemble these. We will be posting a complete selection of rules and guidelines for the Community Spotlights sometime this month and BEFORE the spotlights for March get posted. These are the expanded versions of the rules we have been using the last two months, just further clarified. Please do be patient.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

This is a very good idea. I only hope that there's enough staff and interest to ensure that it's done consistently. There's a lot of great work out there that needs to be recognized. Also, I think this will encourage people with no prior experience to start producing their own material.

The only downside is that some people are going to feel slighted for their works not being featured. We're already starting to see this. Ultimately, it comes down to perception. If you're producing work with the sole intent of having it featured, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The biggest mistake one can make is allowing for this to turn into a popularity contest. If you can't keep your ego in check, then it's going to kill the experience.

9. Secretcode

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Also, one other thing, and this isn't speaking as TFW2005 Staff but rather as a person: I greatly prefer unique and original ideas when it comes to customs. I don't care what your skill level is, if you do something that no one's ever seen or thought of before, that reaaaaaaaaally hits the spot for me. Don't be afraid to post what you've done, regardless of execution. Have fun with what you do. This isn't a competition. There's no winners or losers. This is all about sharing the work that's going on by our fellow fans.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Something that throws me off is that there isn't a consistent number of featured works. Last time there were 3 artists, but this time there are 8, and both those numbers are rather unusual for "Top x" lists. An arbitrary number is easy to misconstrue as "they left me out!"

11. Secretcode

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There is no set number for either category.

12. Jackpot

Jackpot Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

Thank you very much for the feature! I'm honored!