TFW2005 Exclusive - Hasbro Answers the Fans - 10/2008

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Animated continuing makes perfect sense.
    Season 3 comes in the spring.
    Now the toys will follow instead of waiting till 2010.
    Hopefully they don't milk movie2 the way they did movie1.
    I agree that we need a supreme omega.
    Ther should have done him instead of prime in that size.

2. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Universe on Hiatus is good news for me, otherwise i'd have too little time to buy all universe stuff. And, at the risk of being kicked and tortured by Pikachu-haters, GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
    I'm probably not buying a lot of movie stuff, so my $ will go to Animated in 2009.

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats true and i have that toy its a realy cool supreme

a Omega Supreme Supreme class toy would be in scale with Activators

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    ZING is a dish best served cold.

5. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

I love to see Hasbro talking to the fans more, but I think this is just ******ed. Such a classic character -- that would look cool to both long-time fans and younger kids -- will continue to sit in limbo. Would be a nice alternative to movie toys. I currently have zero faith in the ROTF Megs design and would (probably) rather buy an Omega Supreme over Megs. 2007 Megs was a turd, premium was a repainted turd, voyager was a waste of everyone's time, and the activator version just made a good stand for Frenzy.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by ROTF Megs, but it would be nice if Hasbro would queue up an Omega Supreme fig just in case. Also, why bother creating such a cool character for Animated and NOT having a toy? His appearance was one of the few highlights for my (3 year-old) nephew and I. Guess the kid will still have to make due with my energon OS.

6. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, Starscream's giant size was canon. His figure still warmed shelves. TRU had to practically give all those Supreme Primus and Starscreams away for Christmas. Maybe people didn't know who Primus was? Unicron (normal colors) didn't have any problems selling.

Energon Unicron
    Cybertron Primus
    Cybertron Starscream
    Beast Machines Cheetor
    Animated Optimus Prime

They didn't go anywhere.

7. Overlord54

Overlord54 Active Member

Universe on hiatus makes me a sad panda.

It looks like after Cyclonus and Hound I get to put my wallet away for over a year :( 

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Now that I've had time to collect my thought. I think I'll comment more on the actual answers.

1. I have next to zero interest in the Alternator related stuff. So no loss for me there. Sucks for people one wanted a domestic release though.

2. I guess this means we won't be getting any animated humans in the near future. Although it'll be interesting to see what this idea for fall 09 they have is.

3. I knew one of them would have to be put on hiatus. I'm glad my favorite line on and that Universe will be coming back in force after the movie.
    For those who do not like the Movie or Animated then I guess you have some time to save up for when Universe returns.

4. Hmm... interesting. Does this mean Leaders and/or combiners in Universe?

5.Good news that they're taking Omega seriously. I'll gladly wait till they feel it is the right time to make Omega.

9. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I am right behind you on that one I am thinkin bout making one so it could go along with my bumblee.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    No alternity! Well I'm actually glad that got answered for me. Now I know I have to buy the metal Takara versions instead of waiting to hear back from Hasbro.

Animated news meh

I just hope the new movie aesthetic is changed a bit more in the direction of non-ugly heads. I kind of wish they all had battle mask versions or samurai /ninja type faces

11. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

No Universe??? :thumbdown  At least they called it a hiatus! Well, like some of you have already said, hopefully they wont milk ROTF like they did the 1st movie... I wont be rushing to any stores for these as they will likely get several release (including a premium) and be on shelves for the next 2 years.

FINISH THE ARK CREW! (Ah, Im gonna I need a sig for this now!)

12. Ed Bailey

Movie *seemed* to be the bigger seller here, but when you consider that Universe/Classics is selling without the support of a TV show or proper comic you've got to wonder why Hasbro won't take things up a notch. They could do both simultaneously by maybe adding select 2007 Premium movie, reworked, or a couple 25th anniversary (in the vein of Cheetor) toys to the Universe line. Then maybe they could justify some shelf space. I definitely would like to see more diversity in stock rather than molds that will gather dust.

13. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you guys COMPLETELY MISSED THE BALL by leaving out one of the largest concerns of the fandom, being Quality Assurance.

Unbelievable!

:banghead: 

14. Ed Bailey

Oh yeah, that too! Seems ever since Movie toys came out we've had to fix/mod areas of our toys, deal with the worst paint jobs I think we've ever seen, and I still find a lot of my purchases have gummy black spots on them.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :dunce 

16. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I would get the Animated Omega in a flash. But I am glad they are waiting because those figures cost a lot and I still have a long list of "to get" universe figures.

I want the Omega not only for the giant robot but just to have an ark action figure other than my 3 inch titanium. That thing is way of scale with my other robots I cant display it with anything.

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hope the hiatus isn't too long. A little dissapointed about Omega Supreme too.

18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

it's really gonna suck having to wait through another round of movie garbage. seeing more movie filth lining the pegs is gonna make me sick. guess that'll give me time to catch up on 25th joes.

19. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    Maybe they neglected the QA question? Anyway at least they're going to give us store exclusives while the Universe line is on hiatus. Just don't make it a permanent hiatus...

20. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Since I am done with movie toys this will let me get a nice long break from spending money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.