TFW2005 Coverage Of Toy Fair 2019 Hasbro Investor Preview Event

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 15, 2019.

1. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha, they've certainly evolved since I last looked, well hopefully they contribute good stuff to the show.

Basically what Depeche said, it doesn't instill me with much faith.

2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    3D CGI. Animation done by the Boulder Media.

3. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sequel or Reboot then?

4. Adam Ortiz

Adam Ortiz Active Member

Anybody know when they\'re going to showcase the new figures? I\'m eager to see what\'s new.

5. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Pony forums are divided. Some say that it's a start for new Generation based on the leaked emails. Some say that it's the last movie for this current generation.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Seems 2022 is the most likely date for the next TF movie now that all fo the 2021 dates been taken unless they add an additional date, which they could

Yeah, based on some MLP leaks (which included unfinished episodes for Season 8), G5 is supposed to start next year and part of the G5 lineup is a movie and there are concenpt for how Twilight and the others will look in the reboot. But time will tell, for all we know Hasbro may intend in keeping the G4 incarnation for a little longer.

7. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Well for all we know this could be a reboot movie that's apart of the G4 or G5 lines and it's just a movie line and will be in the Hasbro Cinematic Universe, or it's what you guys said.

8. maker43

maker43 Member

Yeah you're not wrong, media takes time to make. But Hasbro should have enough foresight at this point to schedule a show to coincide with their toyline since they're in complete control of the property. This isn't Marvel surprising Hasbro with a new movie that they have to scramble to make figures for. And I don't think many fans want to end up buying a main character off ebay because the toy has been off shelves for 12-18 months.

I'm still glad they're making the show. I just think a Q2 2019 launch makes way more sense and a vague 2020 launch date feels like a lack of planning on their part.

9. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am SO HYPED for this.
    The pre-order for Ecto-1 was exciting, but I'm really stoked for this "See Now Buy Now" trend.

10. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    WFC Trilogy, Netflix. After the amazing Voltron, there is no other animation studio I would want to tackle this.

Also, "Trilogy"...does that bring hope for a proper 3rd and final video game in the series?

11. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    When will the actual product presentation start?

12. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Netflix... isn't an animation studio, and War For Cybertron is the new toyline trilogy, a la Prime Wars. Siege is the first year of it and as a whole it's unrelated to the game series.

13. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Tomorrow (02/16/2019). We'll let you guys know soon. Getting ready for the big day now. Hope to see you all enjoying our coverage. Your smiles are our biggest reward. :) 

• Like Like x 9
  14. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Thanks! Toy Fairs are always exciting, mainly due to the coverage you guys are giving us :) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. kalron

News Credits:
    Wow, someone is a party pooper today aren't they.

But I'll clarify since you are being retentive about my comment. After Voltron, Dreamworks would be the perfect animation studio for this.

WFC toyline is definitely inspired by the video games, where do you think the title and concept comes from? So as someone who enjoyed the first two games in the series, I am happy to hope for a possible third game as a tie-in to the animated series.

Plus, what do you know about the animated series? It was just announced today. The story could take some plot lines from the game, depending on who is writing it, how much creative control they have and where they take their inspiration from. It could also be something entirely different.

And if you think I was completely unaware of a new toyline called War For Cybertron, seeing as I am a member of a Transformers forum, you must simply be out to be an obnoxious poster. But I digress...good day sir.

16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Earliest release would be 2022. Unless they start filming by summer or fall, post production processes would put the film in 2022 at the earliest.
    It'd be a rush job if it was ready by 2021 unless it's a Christmas release for 2021. But even that's cutting it too close.

In production, means art steps and scripting steps now. Not starting filming. From first day of filming, then a release is usually approximately 2 years out(depending on how long filming takes to then post production and final tweaks). So 2022. Christmas 2021 at the earliest.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    The WFC cartoon is being made by Rooster Teeth and Polygon Pictures.

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. It sounds like they're making a big push for Transformers, but it feels like the world is passing us by in some form or another. I hope their investment and gamble work out. My wallet and body are ready.

19. kalron

News Credits:
    Interesting, I just read that on the main post for the series. Looking over their track record, I don't have a problem with Polygon Pictures animation. It will also come down to the writing and storytelling, which was just as important with Voltron.

20. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Rooster Teeth and Polygon? I'm in.