TFW2005 Coverage Of Toy Fair 2018 Hasbro Investor Preview Event

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've cleared the lowest possible bar for a fanbase. Woo hoo!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    This year just feels like, even though we aren't even 60 days into it, the fandom has gotten much worse. Let's see...

*Taking the fact that Roberts is finally wrapping up some plotlines... plotlines, mind you, that people have been demanding he wrap up for some time now, to mean IDW's current runs are over. Cue the people screaming that we are headed for a massive reboot, all the writers will be fired, IDW will even lose the agreement, so on

* The fact that we haven't learned anything new about POTP, even though if it weren't for the Leak we wouldn't know about things like Optimus Primal's design, the next Fembot after Moonracer, so on... it is clear Generations line is ending and they must be moving to a kid-only toyline.

* The fact that Hasbro has renegotiated their agreement with paramount and will no longer greenlight sequels before seeing how well they perform and are doing a reset of the franchise means the movies are either 1) dead forever 2) going to be 100% G1 3) nothing like what we got before with the films and certainly won't be a Age of Future's Past situation.

* The fact that we haven't seen footage of the Bumblebee movie means it must be garbage and Hasbro doesn't want to release it

* The fact that they are introducing Unicron in the comics means every character is going to die

*The fact that Hasbro is getting Power Rangers means Transformers will be put on the backburner (yes, someone claimed this)

This fandom is full of kneejerk reactors who have the memories of gold fish and fling haphazardly from one screeching rant about the end of days to the next.

EDIT:

Wasn't there a petition for Revenge of the Fallen to be removed from canon? And have you seen the people demanding any sign of a fembot or two male robots being in a relationship be ripped away from the comics?

We didn't jump over the lower bar... we are desperately trying to find a way to limbo under it like we were Hermes Conrad.

• Like Like x 9
  3. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought most sensible people want Bayformers removed from reality altogether.

4. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's something I guess.

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Isn’t it? Based on what?

The fact it’s supported a whole trilogy of lines, that have encompassed Pretenders, Headmasters and even Duocons suggests that’s not quite true.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Monday won't work for me. Can I freak out on Tuesday, say after lunch?

• Like Like x 1
  7. VortexPrime

News Credits:
    barely, CW was plagued by repaints and remolds to a whole new level, TR was VERY good, and POTP is looking pretty "bottom of the barrel" with the budget.

of course ;) 

8. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    People freaking out about PotP have clearly never seen, or forgotten the madness that was the cancellation of RTS and FE Prime. (As well as the shortening of DotM's latter waves)

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know? I never thought the news of the Bayverse getting canned would worry me, but it does now, it really does.

Here's why:

They scrapped the current film universe, sort of. (Can't blame them.)
    They're rebooting, somehow, with Bumblebee. (I'm assuming he goes back in time and screws things up? Otherwise, it won't work if this is a side story that ultimately leads back to the original Bayverse.)
    There's no mention of future TF films, there's no mention of Generations.

And now it's been confirmed that they're taking over for Saban's Power Rangers.

I have to wonder if their focus is shifting away from Transformers, little by little and they'll end up leaving it to Takara Tomy and the 3rd/4th parties? That'll suck, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, I know Cyberverse is coming, but it's aimed at a particular segment. To be honest, they don't even really need Transformers at this point. With Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Nerf and now Power Rangers, I'm not sure there's much need for Transformers for Hasbro, especially when you consider how they've been handled as of late by Hasbro. Yes, the Prime Wars trilogy has been a smashing success and proves they were listening to us, but the Aaron Archer age proved that they were out of touch on a lot of things, lied about the impact of 3rd party (and Archer then tried to open his own, not to mention having pre-existing ones in his Hasbro office, with photographic proof...) and only now (well recently, I should say) have they actually given us what we wanted.

Now that they have, do they really need to anymore? I'm not so sure. Especially if the Bumblebee movie flops. I have a feeling that'll damage them quite a bit.

I don't know, this is making me far more pessimistic than usual, even I don't like it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    8 new "master" figures
    7 legends** - one repack, one repaint, 5 new molds
    13 deluxes - 7 new molds (Jazz*, Moonracer, Slag, Swoop, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Blot*), 5 retools, 1 unclear (Firestar)
    5 voyagers - 3 new molds, one retool, one repaint
    4 leaders - 3 new molds, one repaint

That's . . . not bottom of the barrel. That's about the same proportion of new molds in every line (accepting CW) since Generations rebooted

*While Jazz and Blot have some incidental part sharing with Dragstrip and Rippersnapper, respectively, that's immaterial to the estimation of a mold budget.

**Just counting the first two waves since I don't think I've seen all the w3 figures well enough to guestimate at mold use

• Like Like x 2
  11. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Thanks for the information! One little thing I had to say about that animation for China: it's Nezha, not Nesha.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I for one can't believe that Transformers is cancelled forever. Well, it had a decent run I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Attention seeker. And they called Noah insensible when he was building the Ark.

14. VortexPrime

News Credits:
    I'm talking about quality as a whole, stickers, QC issues, even the damn cards they come with, you can feel the cheapness of a trowaway cardboard instead of the nice one of CW and TR, and put side by side things like Sixshot vs Rodimus, to me it feels pretty lazy and cheap, they don't even have a 3rd gimmick , they recicled the two done before.

In any case, tomorrow we'll see.

15. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    The stickers, cards, packaging and QC I'll grant you. No arguments at all. I actually like the gimmick mashup, but that's obviously a personal choice - it's not as intrusive as TR (put a PrimeMaster on if you want to), for example. We'll see if we're getting enough new figures past w3 to keep me in a positive mood about the line

• Like Like x 1
  16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't think we need to worry much. This just sounds like they're beginning to rebrand some stuff and aim for new projects. Transformers still provide things Marvel and Star Wars along with even Power Rangers can't do and I doubt Hasbro will just ignore that. Also the Bumblebee movie is confirmed to be the last of the Bayverse series so it's not part of the reboot saga. I could be wrong but still it's too early to say that we're in a new dark age of Transformers.

17. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

For the most part I liked most of the movies, but the Last Knight was really bad, bad and annoying characters, bad acting and terrible story. And the cut scenes introducing the Decepticons was super lame and threw off the feel of it trying to be a serious movie. It's sad they got so bad, they started really good.

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Man, some of you people are making me so sad with your dreary, gloomy, end of the world speculative posts.....

I'm gonna go play with some toys.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Based on the previous movies I'm pretty sure they would have just dropped that in a sixth movie anyways.

20. VortexPrime

News Credits:
    Are things already starting? 'Cause I'm seeing the Tamashii Nations booths' photos popping up.
    @SilverOptimus