TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro New York Toy Fair 2011 Investor Event

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait to see how many people end up agreeing with you. :lol 

But we're transformers fans! We never jump the gun!

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'll admit to being one of that gun jumping number. It does look better than the previous pic, but I still wont be parting with megabucks for the pleasure of owning it. ROTF prime is still the difinitive move prime for me.

Now, If they released ROTF Prime (buster version with faceplate head) plus power-up trailer, i'll happily talk turkey!

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I doubt that will happen. At best, we might get a re-release of the ROTF with a Mechtech jetpack of some sort..which I'd actually be OK with. :p 

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only speak for me, but I'm actually happy that they didn't somehow black magic up a crazy-go-nuts Optimus that would be a must buy for me, despite having the RotF Leader.

Not, sarcastically happy. Actually happy. (And it doesn't mean I hate the thing, either.)

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wow, glad I was wrong about Ultimate Prime. He actually looks pretty good here. The same problems I have with it are still there, but they're a lot less noticeable when posed correctly. Though I think I'll still skip this guy in favor for the Japanese Jetwing Prime, depending on how that will look.

6. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Wait, people are changing their minds on Ultimate Prime? Huh. I still think it looks like garbage. Wish they had done something much more like Powermaster Prime instead of this weird fairy look.

7. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'll admit, Butterfly Prime looks better in that photo, but it is still shit in my eyes.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :lol  Transformers fans jump the gun like it's a jump rope.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ultimate Prime does look better from that angle; he's starting to remind me of a Brave toy, which IMO is no bad thing. Whether he's £90 worth of Brave toy, however, is another matter entirely.
    It's called a first impression. It's formed based using available information from the first look at something. It is subject to change as and when further information comes in.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Ultimate Prime is looking better and better combined! Hurray!

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow, super-optimus looks a HELL of a lot better here. he looks like a regular robot toy, with the wings. Not sure I'll get him though, but deffinately looks better.

Yeah, I see it now. The angle of the wings and the overall shape of the arms and legs.

12. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I still think it looks like ass. If the wings had some hinges to make them fold into interesting shapes (think Buster Prime's gun), it might've been cool. As it stands it just looks like a flat panel of plastic.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Better. Keep trying.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus for me has a few slight issues that make me look at him and think --That I still prefer the ROTF one.

It has some good points too - it's probably easier to Transform - and it allows somewhre convenient to dump all those stray Mech-tech weapons.

However it seems to lack even silver paint on the trailer let alone chrome. that silver plastic used to make Legends Sideswipe was OKish at a push but grey is not something I'd relish or anything to non-shiny.

As for his giant Butterfly wearing wellingtons mode - it's a giggle - as a humor piece it's without peer as an example of what I hoped a Modern Powermaster Prime would look like it's a complete failure.

Optimus looks cool in his jetpack though so hopefully as others have said someone will see us saved by that - and if Takara can't be bothered It can't be that hard for someone like Igear to make a wingpack accessory for ROTF Voyager or Leader Optimus.

I think they might be doing one of somekind though if only as that Optimus-in space Voyager seems so ideally suited to having a wing pack slapped on it.

Perhaps they might make the pile of guns and engines as some sort of accessory or even include bits of it as a build-a-figure with other toys.

But Jet-optimus looks bad ass Fairy-Prime looks silly Wing-Optimus however still looks like he kicks butts and takes names (faces).

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    side panels on optimus aren't attached to his legs in robot mode. looks much better. loved him before, love him more now.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I doubt I will see anything at this years show that will interest me. Looks to me like all movie stuff which does not surprise me they are trying to get retail chains on board.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Aw man I can't wait to see all the random stuff they show off this year. Lookin' forward to it news crew!

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well Draven, you know me. I love movie toys, but this years I´m hardly impressed by them.

Yeah, it looks better, but it´s still mediocre looking IMO.

19. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, apologies to Hasbro for overreacting to the initial Ultimate Optimus Prime photos we saw. From that angle he doesn't look too bad, and if I'm right, it looks like his forearm wheels can be hidden in his regular bot mode (those armor gauntlets look way too small to house the front wheels as is). I'm still not going to get him initially; going to wait until it's marked down at least $10 (or I get a gift card to Target or Walmart).

Bring on more coverage!

20. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

This years show is not half as overwhelming as last year's.