TFW2005.COM Sound-Off! - Transformers Prime Premiere Final Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Kickback, Dec 16, 2010.

?

TFW2005.COM Sound-Off! - Final Thoughts on Transformers Prime Premiere

1. Excellent

53.2%
  2. Good

26.5%
  3. On the Fence

11.8%
  4. Bad

5.6%
  5. Horrible

1.5%
  6. Did Not Watch

1.3%
  1. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was on the fence about it after the first two episodes. When the third episode ended, I don't know what it was about it, but I was on board completely. It's almost as if the first two episodes could have been combined into one to trim some fat. The Cullen/Welker combo just screams nostalgic bliss too. It's a good show and I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve and hopefully we get to see a new character introduced here and there.

The "maximum overdrive!" or whatever phrase has to go though.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I don't have an opinion on the show, really. It was kind of bland and soulless. It didn't have the same heart Animated did, or any heart at all for that matter, and I feel like it was just going through the motions.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I think it boils down tot he different teams. In Animated we got a band of transformers led by a military washout along with a colorful gang of characters, while in Prime we get full born warriors.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You doofus! That means you hated it! That's still an opinion y'know

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Actually, I was simply using "Bayverse" to describe what I was talking about. I still don't really want to delve deep into discussion about how I feel about things as a whole here, either (I feel that this is a more of an "overview" type of thread with how we all feel, not really for me to give all of my extensive reviews, etc.). Just because I say that "I didn't want a 'Bayverse' type of show," simply means just that. It's not a black/white "I hate this!" or anything of the sort (especially reading my initial post with how I voted :wink: ). If anything, one of the strengths I find about the show is that it takes movie elements and a movie-esque feel and does some things a lot better.

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Even though I've already discussed my opinion (in great length), I have one more thing to say:

Bring back Animated.

That said, I'm still gonna give Prime a chance. I originally thought Animated sucked until around about the fifth episode, but... Animated season 3 was getting better, and darker too, but it ended up as a hack job because the series was cancelled before season 4 could be made. All for a shoddy movie.

Gotta say, I love these people who have no problem saying how fantastic Prime is without being critical and picking on every little bit of it, or even trying to understand every little bit of it (there are more movie references and such in there than some people seem to realise). Then again, I'm the best in the world at complaining and criticising everything to death, so don't mind me.

Now, can we have Sari's back-story please? As a cartoon and not a comic?

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh I guarantee you, loving Prime is exactly WHY I have analyzed every single bit of it.

After all, giving special attention to what you like is just natural.

well there's also the whole rewatching every episode five times thing, that probably helped in overthinking stuff

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    The world needs less people like you.

Jokes aside, are YOU the one doing the trolling? I'm going to bed. Prime doesn't continue until February anyway, so this discussion is kind of stale now.

9. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Uh, are you sure you know what trolling means?

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It's hard to tell, sicne most of the time the term "Bay-verse" is usually stated as a straight negative.

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You're assuming too much when you accuse me being one of those who "really need to stop [using] Bay as a scapegoat." While I can see where one might make that confusion that to an extent, the post of mine you quoted wasn't the only one I've made in the thread. My assumption was that you would have read other posts by myself before you'd say such a thing after I made the post that I did. That being said, perhaps it was I who assumed too much?

At any rate, Prime being "Bayverse" or movie-verse (if you prefer) influenced I can see as both a good and bad thing, depending on what aspect we're talking about. I mentioned that Prime did some things better with the show, and I'll just stick with that. I still default to my vote with "good", but really feeling my vote lies more in between "good" and "excellent".

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Whatever. I'm reatching the end of my rope with this fandom, I don't know what to assume anymore.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can certainly see why you may feel this way. Keeping with the topic, I find a lot of things about the series that are a breath of fresh air. I also feel this way with the live action movies. One of the great things about this brand and how it's survived over the many years is the way it reinvents itself so often. This is one of the things that I certainly see in Transformers: Prime, and I hope that this brand continues to move in this direction.

14. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    So what can I say that others haven't, the voice cast is great, one of the best that the TF shows has had (despite what others have said.).

The animation is pretty solid, there are a few spots that it could be reworked and be refined, be still pretty damn good.

The story, so far, is one of the best that has been in TF history, again despite what others have said.

So, I thought it was excellent.

15. rhinox1701

rhinox1701 #1 TransFan

Ebay:
    well..it was just...'Prime'.

FRACKIN LOVED IT!

16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah, I do, and I probably shouldn't have said "jokes aside", but never mind.

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Hmm, ticked off already? You should consider changing your member title because you're not very good at this whole trolling thing.

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Now you're just pushing it. I can do what I like, but you can't take a joke and have to keep replying to my messages. The only reason I would be "ticked off" is because you may as well be stalking me on the internet. Just stop it. You didn't even need to reply this time, and your reply makes no sense. What I was saying was that it was merely a joke, but no, let's continue to start a war here.

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Loved it. Everything about it. :) 

20. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    The first episode was far from perfect, but I would say it had far more good than bad. I'm glad it was a five-part episode since that gave them a lot of time to introduce (presumably) all of the important plot elements, tell a complete story, and get in some good character moments. As a fan of the whole Primus/Unicron/13 Primes/multiversal singularity thing, I like what they are doing with Dark Energon, though I wish they had done more to better integrate it with War for Cybertron (I hope High Moon Studios can get their hands on Alternity Starscream's retcon gun). The subplot to rescue Fowler felt kind of disjointed from the primary storyline, but it was used to good effect and makes sense when viewing the episode as a whole. The story was then neatly wrapped at the end while leaving plenty open for the series. Of course, the most important part was that they took time from the action and exposition to insert character moments that didn't feel forced. This is where Beast Wars and Animated excelled and why they are still considered such great shows. Since they made this such a priority in the premiere, it's logical to assume we'll get even more throughout the series.

Much like the human race, this series has great potential, especially since Hasbro has more control over it (e.g., no having to fight with Cartoon Network to get extra seasons). Transformers is very similar to X-Men in that it is army-based and, thus, only really works well in a serial format where each character can be given its own time to shine, so I'm glad that Hasbro is putting so much effort into it. There have been high points (Beast Wars, Animated, All Hail Megatron), and low points (Unicron Trilogy) in Transformers fiction, and I think this series will end up in the former category. I can't wait until February.