TFW2005.COM Sound-Off! - Transformers Prime Premiere Final Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Kickback, Dec 16, 2010.

?

TFW2005.COM Sound-Off! - Final Thoughts on Transformers Prime Premiere

1. Excellent

53.2%
  2. Good

26.5%
  3. On the Fence

11.8%
  4. Bad

5.6%
  5. Horrible

1.5%
  6. Did Not Watch

1.3%
  1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You've watched it (probably on YouTube).

You've discussed it to great lengths.

You've made up your mind (as much as you'll say otherwise) on whether or not you liked it and if you'll continue to watch it.

You've probably voted on a poll just like this one. But this is the one we're going to reference, the one we're going to look back on as our viewer's thoughts and feelings towards the new show. Because Internet polls, as you're all well aware, are factual, do not lie, and are accurate interpretations on how the majority feels.

:) 

So we ask you, TFW2005.COM, what do you think of Transformers Prime?

Excellent - It was a great show, you're hooked, and you can't wait to see more.

Good - You enjoyed it, but parts of it bugged you enough to be a distraction from the hsow.

On the Fence - It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It'll take more episodes before you can say whether you like it or not.

Bad - There were too many things about it that bugged you to allow yourself to enjoy it. Maybe it's too "movie-verse" for you, maybe the animation is too distracting, etc.

Horrible - Nothing about the show was enjoyable.

Haven't Seen It Yet - For some reason, you've yet to discover things like YouTube or Cable.

This poll is legally binding and you'll never be able to change your mind :)  Tell us why you chose the vote you chose ... and we'll frontpage the best comments for each type of vote! Even the "Haven't Seen It Yet" vote.

Thanks in advance for participating!!!

2. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

It was really great, I can't wait until February!

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You Guys Already Know that i havent seen it and i dont Plan to see it

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It was a fun ride, despite odd designs and some slightly annoying little children.

5. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

No "Moar episodez naow!" option? Awwww...

Well, I suppose excellent will do. This is my new movie-verse, I can't wait to see more. I love the cast, characters, the dialogue, and the designs are grow on me each time I see them. If this is Transformers for the next 4-10 years, I'm in for a joy ride!

6. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    i thought it was great!
    seems like a good series, and a nice change of animation.
    only grips are how similar bumblebee is to the movie. and the death of cliffjumper. =[

otherwise.. great show and cant wait till February

7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well.......

Is it even fair to say it's better than Animated?

Never mind that! If I say I hated it, will Hasbro give fans what they really want and make a one shot "Transformers Resolute" video???

8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hmmmm......

Maybe it wasn't better than Animated then?

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    it was excellent ranks up there with More than meets the eye and the battle begins for series intros.

10. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loved it. Can't wait for more episodes and a toyline :) 

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I can't wait til February. I think this is right up there with Beast Wars so far.

12. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Looking good, will stick around for more in Feb =)

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Prime is a big melting pot, a combination of Beast Machines' storytelling, Beast Wars' character development, Animated's smooth flowing style, and the movies' realism. And it's the best of all of those. While some characters such as Cliffjumper and Bumblebee didn't get too much time in the spotlight, you still got a feel for who they are. Unfortunately, there are some characteristics of the show that demote it from "Excellent" to "Good." Sometimes the usually phenomenal animation was quick and jerky, mainly during Bulkhead's running scenes in Episode 3. Only Sonic the Hedgehog's legs should move at that speed. Also, all of Optimus' lines seemed too dramatic. Unlike in G1, where Optimus seemed like a casual bot with a gruff tone when needed, Cullen injects a really unnecessary sense of drama into every line, so much so that I couldn't even tell when Arcee said Prime had an edge in his voice. Finally, the space physics were a little wonky, regardless of the "magnetizing" that the transformers used. Bumblebee jumped into space and floated to grab Arcee, but one of the Autobots jumped and fell into the ground bridge. Magnetizing =/= creating a field of gravity on which you can fall. Although, these flaws were comparitively minor (and really nitpicky on my part) when the show as a whole was taken into consideration. In short, though, I have this to say:
    Awesomesauce. Oh yeah, and toyz nao plz.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I really liked it, but since it was only 5 episodes so far, I don't want to say it was excellent, yet. So I went with "good".

15. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  16. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

When I saw promo pics and news about the show I wasn't too hopeful. But I felt the same way about Animated before it came out, which taught me not to judge it until I watch it. As soon as I watched the Pilot for animated I was completely hooked and fell in love with the series.

Unfortunately I can't say Prime has impressed me nearly as much. It's an interesting story so far, but I'm left feeling kind of "meh" about it. I'm definitely still on the fence. It could turn out great, or it could go down the drain. I'm not too crazy about the use of drones for the Decepticon army, nor do I really care for the "undead" army. I'd rather have cool Decepticons that have personality and a good characterization. I'm also getting tired of all the government/military involvement on the Autobot side that seems to be getting forced on us through the movies, comics, AND now the animated series as well.

On the other hand, this whole Dark Energon thing is kind of interesting. I prefered the way it was used in WFC though. The Autobot Characters seem to be fairly well done. There's some decent humor thrown in once in a while. The animation is pretty nicely done. And the story is somewhat interesting so far even though I'm not really into the Robo-zombie Decepticon army thing.

17. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same.

jD001

18. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I really enjoyed the show. All the charaters were just on top for me. I like to hear dear old megatron with his G1 voice and of course Prime with his. I am digging the story line. Like a few people says some of the kids aka the girl Miko kinda gets on my nerves. Loved Sari not loving miko. Over all can't wait till Feb to see more. I totaly want a Arcee figure by far my favorite charater on there

19. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

My opinion on this show has gone all across the board, but I think it has settled with "good". The CG art style is great; it's leaps and bounds beyond Beast Wars, which wasn't shabby by any means. The story is interesting, though I prefer to only look at it as its own mythology and not try to lump it with any continuity. Its violence was impressive; there was enough battle and tragedy early on to know that actions have real consequences in this world without being as downright brutal as the movies. However...

It's hard to believe that even the most sparcely populated town has literally no other people in it aside from three kids, supposedly their parents and a handful of people driving down the freeway. It's even harder to believe that there is a giant robot mass grave out in the open that no one has ever seen before. And it's impossible to believe that three kids can warp onto a government operated satellite base under Decepticon attack and there not be so much as a single scientist or soldier around.

Distracting elements, but worthly of the TF mantle. :) 

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I can't vote on the Poll since I can't make a judgement based on the first couple epsodes.

I can say however that I'll probably keep looking up episodes on Youtube once it airs regularly because thus far the story has been great. Best since Beast Machines by far. I really like that they aren't dumbing anything down. The fact they killed an Autobot in the first ten minutes and showed his dismembered zombie corpse in the next episode is a good indication that the series might be a little more on the mature side :lol 

Human involvement seems pretty balanced so far too. They're there so kids can relate to them but I didn't get any feeling that the robots weren't 'in charge'. Miko is pretty borderline irritating but not as awful as the Armada kids or Sari.

Movieverse and Animated are my two least favorie aestetics so I'm having a really hard time getting past the designs, but I'll do my best to ignore it and focus on the story.

Can I say I love it or hate it? Not yet, but I'll give a chance for a bit longer and make a decision after seeing the actual series for awhile.