TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

After seeing it......again......I still LOVED it. Really don't get the bashing it's taking, but whatever. To each their own. It wasn't AOE, it was galaxies better.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I agree, to each their own, but with TLK, you're seeing a lot of people not simply saying they don't like it, they're able to point out specific examples of why they don't. And many of us are saying the same things.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My review: Absolutely everything was top notch: The designs, the acting, the cinematography, the sound, the direction, the voices... Except for the writing. Oh my God, nothing made sense and there was nothing to follow. I watched it as a collection of 187 two minute scenes, and I was happier for it. Piecing it all together is not possible/worth it.

Oh my God did Welker kill it. Pure joy every time he spoke.

So...only Earth makes gravity? Really? I mean, there's a whole other planet right there...down is still that direction? You sure? Ok.

...Ha ha ha ha, everybody is so effed at the end. Those two planets will collapse into one new planet and scourge the entire surface in molten magma.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SunSwipe5

I know people complain about the beginning of the movie seeming to bounce all over. For me, I got what they were doing and was able to follow right along with the story.

Was this film perfect? It's bayverse, of course not. I just thought it was alot better than AOE. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Third viewing tonight, and I kind of love this movie by now. I'm so past everything that disappointed me the first time around. I will say this film practically requires the biggest loudest room possible to fully enjoy it. The best of my three viewings was the second one, when the seats were shaking as the waves crashed arond the Bee/Optimus fight, and every piece of the score shook you to the core. Rather like AOE, I'll miss this once it leaves theaters, because home viewings just aren't the same. Watching AOE is such a different experience on the small screen, and all the "epic" is gone.

I think I'm going to buy a 65 inch 4k tv JUST for TLK when it comes out.

6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you figure? What was so great about it?

7. SunSwipe5

I enjoyed the storyline. I loved the personalities of the Bots. The imagery was beautiful. I really liked Megs in this one. The Knights and Dragonstorm were very cool. It was good to see Simmons and surviving previous Bots. The battle scenes were solid. I did like Cade, Lennox and Izzy.

Were there things left for the audience to figure out? Yes
    Were there scenes that were cut to make the 2.5 hour running time? Yes
    Could there have been more time dedicated to the Cybertronians? Yes, but it's Bayverse.

I just enjoyed this film overall. It boils down to personal preference. As I said a few posts up, to each their own. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But th story basically said "hey, that culmination shit we were talking about, well, that's not true".

Personalities?.. the robots barely spoke enough to actually show their personalities. They were basically caricatures.

I liked how megatron looked in this and the couple scenes he was in.. other than that he was a non-factor.

The knight robots/dragonstorm would've been cool, but as with the rest of the robot cast we know practically nothing about it/them.

Simmons.. I don't even know why they bothered.. and leadfoots head on topspin didn't make much sense to me. The fact that the fates, disappearances and reappearances of a decent amount of robots have never been explained doesn't bother you?

Things weren't left to the audience to decide.. the story-telling was just bad. They weren't trying to make anyone think.

Calling it Bay verse isn't an excuse for not focusing on the actual robots when every single movie is called "TRANSFORMERS".

I feel like you wanted to like it, so you liked it.

I also feel like some people are just happy with seeing transformers in a live action movie at all, so no matter what they'll be excited about it.

For me, it didn't even hit the "big spectacle summer popcorn movie level" because most of the 2.5 hour movie was spent following Cade.

The scene with Hopkins explaining stuff to wahlberg and hot rod peering through the window sums up this entire franchise to me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SunSwipe5

As I said Timothy, to each their own. For me,this was galaxies better than AOE. It all boils down to personal opinion. I never said this film was perfect, only that I enjoyed it. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    What do you mean "Bayverse" isn't an excuse? He does this shit all the time. I've already expected less TF screentime but it's better than AoE. Yeah the whole robot disappearing thing and reappearing was disappointing and very stupid. But Leadfoot's head on Topspin was likely an animation error or Michael Bay just being a complete twat. Either way, it didn't bother me that much since it's just an error.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    It's not an error. It was clearly done deliberately. Someone theorized that they used Leadfoot's head because his was rigged for animation unlike Topspin's.

12. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    A shortened quote:
    You saw a six hour, twenty three minute cut of The Last Knight???? :eek: 

;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

I watched it yesterday and OVERALL I had fun. I enjoyed the first hour way more than the second. Anthony Hopkins and Cogman were hilarious, Mark Wahlberg was serviceable and the Decepticon Suicide Squad scene was cool too. Oh, and the CGI when Optimus meets Quintessa on Cybertron was jaw dropping.

That being said, I applaud them for having a very imaginative final battle (instead of it being in another city), but it was the worst battle of the series imo. You barley saw the actual fighting and ya didn't even know what the army guys were shooting at most of the time.

That being said, Optimus killing Infernocus was badass, and I had fun. Still, one of the weaker films but still better than Revenge of the Fallen in my eyes.

14. Kane prime

Kane prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    In the U.K. Version
    What does nitro zeus say when he is let out of prison ?

15. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    He either says: "Say hi to your wife for me" or "Your wife is cheating on you with [colleague's name]."

16. Gallade

News Credits:
    Wow, so Michael Bay is a complete twat.

17. Gallade

News Credits:
    One of the lines is "I know where you live Enrique. Say hello to your wife for me."
    And thanks to some YouTube comments, the other one is "By the way Enrique, Chad's sleeping with your wife.(laughter)"

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, I remember someone mentioning who would be Unicron's herald since
    1) Megatron wants to just go home and rebuild Cybertron.
    2) Sideways is dead.
    3)Nemesis Prime is no more.
    Someone else said Quintessa might be his herald since she practically knows a lot of things about him but I think she wants to kill him and use his powers because she doesn't actually wanna rebuild Cybertron but more of rule the universe. But if I remember correctly from Armada, Thrust also served Unicron with Sideways and completely betrayed Megatron by stealing both the Requiem Blaster and the Skyboom Shield. So Thrust would probably and hopefully make his first appearance in the live action films soon.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I mean Nitro Zeus was pretty obviously meant to be Unicron trilogy cyclonus, and onslaught demolisher sooooo...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  19. Gallade

News Credits:
    If only they lived to tell the tale. Speaking of Cyclonus, he hasn't shown up either so I'm curious to see if he will be the Unicron Trilogy or G1 incarnation. Also I hope Nitro Zeus and Onslaught get brought back somehow. It would be nice to see a modernized version of Unicron Trilogy Cyclonus and Demolishor. I really loved the duo even if Energon sucked.

Mohawk seems like another candidate to be Unicron's herald. Being headless, Unicron probably gave him a body and since he was ditched by his fellow Decepticons, he's after both Autobots and his fellow comrades.

20. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'m Back from Cinema.

Glad to see Scrapper/Scrappmetal Bot
    BarricadeI will not write review.

• Like Like x 1