TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Then you haven't seen a lot of posts here

• Like Like x 3
  2. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

What a well thought out rebuttal. You even went as far as to counter my argument with an amazing tact for detail...

...oh wait. You just opted to bash on my opinion instead.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Just because you thought this was all rainbows and unicorn farts, doesn't mean I feel the same. Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I would have gone point-by-point but I was waiting to get confirmation on whether or not it was satire lol.

4. Barricade68

Barricade68 New Member

Long time since posting on here but been an avid follower, well done to all behind tfw,. I had to wait a week before seeing the film and couldn't resist temptation at reading some of the reviews and I can't believe the hatred this film is getting. I thought the film was fantastic and the 3D was amazing, I have loved all the live action TF films so far, I am a big fan of TF's and have been since I was a child growing up with the G1 cartoons, I remember watching 'More than meets the eye' on Saturday morning tv and since then I was hooked.
    The scene of blackout transforming in the opening of TF1 still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Now I know there seems to be a lot of hatred towards Michael Bay for what he has done to the franchise but I for one applaud him and everyone else behind the scenes for making these films. There seems to be a majority of people criticising the human interaction, but looking back on the original cartoons there was also a lot in there too. Speaking of the cartoons, I am aware that people want the robotic characters to resemble their G1 counterparts but i understand why they don't, I bet if in the original cartoons Soundwave transformed into a car but in the live action films, M.Bay had him transforming into a small radio player or equivalent there would be uproar!

The target market for these films are children, my son loves the transformers since the first live action film came out and that is what matters, A new generation of fans to carry it on, hence why more films will be made. Yes there are plot holes and some things that shouldn't be in the films but the kids who watch these don't care about that, they just want to see their favourite characters on screen and fighting (as do I!)

Jump to TF5, this film had it all, great characters, great robots, a battle on cybertron! Unicorn being set up, Nemesis Prime, Hot Rod, plenty of G1 references and tons of lore. I admit the new decepticons had little screen time which was a shame and I would have loved to see the transition from Galvatron to Megatron (who was great by the way) but hey I thought the film was brilliant and will plan to see it a few more times on the big screen and will definitely be pre-ordering it. Would love to see more of Barricade (maybe the nemesis in the new BB film!!).

Bravo to Michael Bay & co for making these films and long may they continue.

Appreciate everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is mine. Overall score 8/10

To the team at TFW keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I have, and that one was pretty messed up.

• Like Like x 3
  6. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I never went into these review threads on this site, but might as well for the first time before calling it quits because this movie SUCKED! 4/10 if you got friends to laugh with you at the stupidity of it all. 2/10 by yourself, because one lone human isn't enough to deal with this wave of dumb. Where to begin? SPOILERS obviously.
    Let me say that there are some redeeming factors as there are some good moments sprinkled in this 2hr and 30 min movie:
    +The music is great. Give the composer credit from upping the ante from TF4 and TF3.
    +The first four minutes of this film is cool, minus drunk Merlin played by Stanley Tucci with a so obvious modern glass bottle for the liquor.
    +CGI's still good at least. Not TF1 good, but a bit convincing than TF4 and TF2.
    +The scenario setup is cool. The story can be garbage, but give Michael Bay and the writers credit for smoking the same drugs that Hasbro had when coming up with the idea.
    + Megatron's full on hamming up in this movie whenever he appears. Full-on Emperor Palpatine from the Star Wars prequels. Give the actor credit for trying to make everything in his lines feel important.
    + Megatron's Decepticon crew has a resemblance of personalities. No longer are they these all monsters that snarl and roar every 5 seconds.
    + Unicron and Primus exist! and HOW!
    + The Optimus and Bumblebee fight. It's not too long, and the animation is pretty stellar. Paramount tried its best to sell you this moment. The conclusion however...

This is where I go "ehhh". It's not terrible, but it ain't really good.
    +/- Sir Anthony Hopkins, while making a fool of himself, is enjoyably bad at this. It's obvious he's not fit to be in Transformers, nor can he keep up. In one action scene, he has to run away from the designated enemy humans and a explosion. He's so slow that the camera loses focus of him as it pans away.
    +/- Cogman is a neat concept, albeit a wasted idea. He was supposedly a Headmaster that was going to turn into a head and attach himself to a decapitated Transformer, but the crew apparently didn't think people would like it. Now he's just a human-sized robot butler to Anthony Hopkins's character that turns into nothing but is still referred to as a Headmaster. His "funny" moments are subjective. It reminds me of the early Marvel movies (the writers even wrote Iron Man 1) with the witty and out-there randomness comes out of nowhere. It's like they were trying to make a Marvel movie but stumbled.
    +/- The introduction to Megatron's crew is full-on Suicide Squad intros. It's so obviously ripped from that movie it's shameless. They even say their names so having there names displayed that way had no reason. I get that we needed an introductory for the new guys, but what comes next makes it entirely pointless.

Now here's the real shit. So much of it I don't think I'll have enough so I'll keep it to the point and only the big ones. Spoilers ahoy:
    - Galvatron into Megatron? Never explained. He just shows up with the new body and everyone calls him Megatron now. Him being second bananas to Quintessa is also not explained aside from wanting to restore Cybertron. If you never saw TF4 you'd be severely confused.
    - Megatron's crew? half of them don't last the next scene after they were introduced. Onslaught, the big guy who Bay went on to say we'd like him? He dies in one hit. He gets caught in a explosion by a human and gets cornered and decapitated without lifting a finger. Fucking Bonecrusher Syndrome from TF1 all over again.
    -The story's exactly the same. Big threat in the sky opens up to threaten Earth. Autobots get sidelined for the walking human super models. Decepticons get killed or distracted easily. Megatron wants Cybertron reborn at the expense of human life, blah,blah, blah...
    -Mark Walhberg's acting is straight out of "The Happening." Anthony Hopkins gets an okay pass because the story hardly revolves him. He's also gone into Mary Sue territories where he saves Prime by blocking a huge sword strike with his tiny one. How?!
    -The little Nickelodeon actress in all of trailers? She's hardly in the movie. If you've seen the trailers, that's pretty much all of it. Wait, she shows up in the finale for some reason. The writers don't even know why she's in the middle of a warzone. All that talk about "Grrl powa!" and she's hardly in it.

Walhberg: What are you doing here?!
    Moner: "I don't know!"

-Optimus Prime is hardly in this film at all. Brainwashed Optimus has it worst; only being evil for five minutes. Megatron has more lines and scenes than him.
    - Referring to the one positive, The fight between Optimus and Bee ends on the power of fucking friendship. Bee's voice magically fixes itself and hearing him talk snaps Prime out of it before he deals the final blow. Fucking pussy writers couldn't go all the way. The backlash of the first trailer from the "fans" might have altered the script.
    -Bumblebee has the ability to split into multiple pieces without dying with no reason at all. Him nearly dying to Prime could also be rendered pointless should Prime deal that blow.
    -That last half hour of the film feels like it was there to appease people pissed that Optimus could have killed Bee. Optimus spends the whole time good and taking everything out in one go. No one feels like a threat; he just mows every Decepticon down like wind through sand.
    -They never explain why Quintessa is evil and why the knights rebelled against her and the supposed Creators. . Feels like evil for the sake of evil.
    -Every fight except Prime vs. Bee is a curbstomp. Every time a Transformers fight happens, tickets you paid big money to see, last under a minute. The finale between Megatron, Quintessa, and the Autobots is 30 seconds! What the FUCK?!
    -The Transformers shaping human history is convoluted, and contradicts the Shia Lebouf TF films.
    - Shia's character is embarrassingly killed off, as Hopkins's character is "The last of the Witwiccens.
    - Unicron as the Earth was done better in the TV show.
    -Not only did the producer fucking lie about everything when the film was being made ie The Creators are never explained, Dinobots are hardly in this movie, Quintessa may not be a Quintesson/Creator, Megatron and Prime's origin is not here, lines were cut from the film), Lorenzo had the BALLS to outright explain the post-credits scene, which is without a doubt, the WORST thing to ever come out of the franchise. They just don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    you sure you tagged the right person?

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There's no definitive evidence Sam was killed off.

But otherwise, solid post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. XBow Nation

XBow Nation I'm too poor for my robot addiction

I went into the movie with very low expectations, based on the reviews I saw before it. To put it on simple terms, it was terrible. I was disappointed with low expectations. It made no sense. There was continuity error after continuity error, plot hole after plot hole, and pointless character after pointless character.

I can forgive the plot holes because it's a Michael Bay film, all of his movies are riddled with plot holes. I can almost forgive the continuity errors because they're minor (for the most part). Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a canon prequel comic that showed Bumblebee landing on Earth and instantly scanning the '79 Camaro, which means he could only be on Earth since 1979. If I'm correct, than this movie completely negates said comic by saying that Bumblebee was fighting alongside the Allies in World War II. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of a meaningful, semi-developed character, like Bumblebee, being heavily involved in WWII is really cool. But when it creates a massive continuity error, I can't help but to hate it. The pointless characters are the one thing I absolutely cannot forgive. The movie starts off by introducing six new characters, five kids and Sqweeks. Four of the kids go into a quarantined area in Chicago. They get caught by these sentinels (AKA Halo Mantis Knockoff #5) and saved by Izabella (Isabella Moner) and Sqweeks. They all hide underneath an Autobot (I assume) named, I $h!t you not, Canopy, or as I like to call him, Pointles Character #7. An obligatory group of military guys use a Predator missile or something to kill Canopy, which devastates Izabella. Then Cayde (Mark Wahlberg), Bumblebee, and Hound save all of them by destroying another Mantis KO #5. Then Lennox (Josh Duhamel) who is part of the Transformer hunting group from the last movie for some reason. They have this stupidly long, semi exposition filled standoff. Lennox lets them go. Those first four kids are never seen again. Izabella and Sqweeks 'follow' Cayde to a junkyard in South Dakota, argue with him, and ends up staying. That's basically all she does. There's another character named Jimmy. He's a copy/paste of TJ Miller's character from the last movie, except he doesn't die a pointless death.

The scene with the kids was essentially just to give Cayde MacGuffin object 1, which he got without the kids rendering them completely useless.

But Cogman saved this movie for me. He's a funny and well written character, which is very rare among Bay movies.

Overall, I give it a 2/10. I recommend seeing it just to understand how bad it is. But it is NOT the worst thing with the Transformers name on it, but it is the worst film Michael Bay has ever made. Like, worse than Pearl Harbor.

If this review seemed like a lot of senseless rambling, that is exactly what I was going for in order to show how the movie was

10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    The movie comics are a separate continuity. Inconsistencies between them and the films aren't plot holes. And there weren't really plot holes anyways..

11. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Some people find it hard to tell the difference. Judging as some people hear hate humans.

• Like Like x 2
  12. XBow Nation

Okay, thanks for correcting my mistake.

13. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Okay, this is late but I watched The Last Knight and I had to wait a couple days to think about what I watched but here we go.

First, I'd like to just say that this movie isn't as bad as many make it out to be. Honestly, I really liked this movie a lot better than RoTF, DoTM, and AoE. It was almost as good as the first but not really. It was close though, that's for sure. Second, this movie honestly doesn't deserve all the hate it is getting. But, I will admit I really fucking hate Michael Bay and I swear he better not direct any other TF movies. He really doesn't know how to do shit.

Now, the action scenes between the Transformers were really cool and amazing. The visuals were actually really good and I don't have much of a complaint. The Autobots and Decepticons have personality being shown but my god the Decepticons were wonderfully introduced and were not mindless drones like the Dreads and Constructicons etc. I actually also enjoyed meeting some of the new humans.

I think Sir Edmund Burton and Cogman saved the movie for me. Their chemistry and interactions with each other were wonderful and really wants me to see some kind of show/spin off of Burton and Cogman so we can see how their friendship developed. I actually felt touched when Cogman came to Burton when he was shot by Megatron. What's sad is like everyone completely forgot about the fact that Burton was shot down and only Cogman ran to him.

Viviane was actually an interesting character and honestly if the second trailer was going to be about anyone, it should have been Viviane and not Izabella. However, learning that she is the last Witwiccan makes me feel kinda sad because I guess Sam is confirmed dead. I believe Cemetary Wind came and when he wouldn't say the whereabouts of Bumblebee and the others, he took the bullet and so did Carly.

Cade is my favorite human character and seeing him again was honestly really cool. I like how him and Viviane began to hate each other but their relationship grew. And I'm glad he actually does shit in the movie and tries to get Optimus snap out of his mind control.

Now, for the negatives. My god I hated Izabella. I don't care how much screentime she got. She was quite annoying and her role was pretty pointless. I like the idea of humans being attached to their Transformers but not to the point of calling one their "boyfriend". The kids, again, were unnecessary and annoying. Like I said, I don't care but I fucking hate them. Their humor was so forced and it made me cringe. I guess the only positive was the kids left..? That's pretty much what I can say about them.

Megatron was amazing as well as the Decepticons. I was so glad to hear Frank Welker voicing him because my Transformers: Prime nostalgia started kicking in. It was a delight to hear the one and only at it again with his rival, Peter Cullen. Barricade was pretty cool but if there was one thing I hated, all I heard was Ironhide (RIP. You deserved better). Onslaught seemed funny because of how he says,"You need a bigger door!" Nitro Zeus was also funny and I'm glad we get to see Mohawk, Dreadbot, and Berserker (even if it was only for like 30 seconds or less). My big complaint was that they died in five minutes. So much for their introductions and so much wasted potential. I honestly thought the Decepticons would have been more of like a Suicide Squad. I would have loved to see Nitro Zeus beating the shit out of Optimu, not only for the threat of Quintessa, but also because of the death of Shockwave. I think the fight should have been Bumblebee about to get stabbed in the face but Megatron stops Prime and fights him with his Suicide Squad and that is where we see some deaths of the Decepticons(Honestly, I think Dreadbot would be dead in that fight). Honestly, I thought the survivors would be Barricade, Megatron, Onslaught, Nitro Zeus, and Mohawk.

Overall, movie was an 8/10. Honestly, forget the humans please and show more robot personality. They're sentient beings for a reason and not just robots with the same "oh I'm gonna die/disappear in this movie so enjoy my screentime while you can". Please don't include Izabella for TF7. Her role was so pointless and I didn't like her character at all even if the second trailer was suppose to show her that she can "fight like a girl". I'd trade Edmund Burton for her(Sorry if anyone liked her). Hopefully if "Topspin" and Roadbuster are still alive, then Dino, Sideswipe, Jolt, and the Twins are hopefully somewhere out there in Cuba playing a different sport than volleyball. Please for the love of god, Paramount, hire a better director for these Transformers films and make me "wow" when watching the Bumblebee movie. Also, can we please bring back Robert Orci and Alex Kirkman back? I think they'd do well with the whole "Unicron is Earth thing" in a movie this time.

EDIT: Rereading this now, I feel like I'm going to offend a lot of people, lol.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    He just presented the flip side of the coin, that's all. His was a criticism against a philosophy/ ideology.
    At least he didn't personally attack anyone, unlike kjeevahh. And as a white guy I didn't much appreciate it.

15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lennox was in TRF as a spy for Nest as they are supposedly still running, thinly with General Morshower and few others to try to convince TRF that the Transformers aren't all bad since this is new world order because too many Transformers keep landing here and the world leaders are worried they will take over. When in reality Megatron wants off this planet just as much as TRF wants them to.

16. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Destroyed? Nah. Transformers has been through more iterations than any other franchise I can think of offhand. They're not going anywhere. There'll eventually be a reboot (hard or soft, doesn't matter), another toon, another toyline etc etc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I should've been a little clearer on the destroyed part. I just meant he's destroyed this movie franchise.

18. XBow Nation

Well the movie did a crap job at explaining it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    It can still come back.

20. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Only crossing my fingers now for that Bumblebee movie.