TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Not sure about my sanity, but we can wave bye bye to me spending another dime on this franchise.

2. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

I forgot to post my thing. Sorry.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sanity flew out the window somewhere around Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    They could always make Bruticus using clones of Brawl and Onslaught's models.

5. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

Lol Mohawk was cool bruh

Don't dis him

6. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

• Like Like x 2
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously? This stuff, again? Bay, the producers and Paramount do not use the comics, at all. To the films, they're not canon. If you don't see them in the film(s), they're not canon. You'll just break your brain trying to make them something they're not.

Heh. This.

Oh, long, long time ago, yes.

Fans will lose their minds. "It's not really Onslaught. He's dead. This is a fake Bruticus. Paramount's making 3rd party combiners in their movies. I hope they go out of business. I hate Michael Bay. What's that? Yeah, mom, I'm almost done with my rant, I'll be up for my pizza rolls in 5. Love you, too!"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Perfect summary. Agreed 100% on the name-slap BS. I was really disappointed that Onslaught didn't even get his own body, let alone a personality. It was just Long Haul's body with smokestacks and wheel-wells on his back, and an average soldier personality with an average soldier voice to go with it. Though I think the dragons and Dinobots only needed a bit more tweaking to make them good additions. I like adding new lore and whatnot, and the dragons are badass. But it was all done poorly. Dinobots just needed a bit more screentime and involvement with the team. They were basically neglected pets used as a means of distraction. Bay just gets all these awesome ideas for the robots and hypes them way the hell up, only to have them left in the dirt the whole movie while the humans deal with more romantic bullshit; which is one of the major positives from AOE for me, because they didn't focus on the romance nearly as much.

9. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

Really enjoyed the movie although there was indeed many plot holes. How did Megatron return from been Galvatron? Where is all of the Dinobots etc?

Aside from that we need more characterised Deceptions in the future. The only true Decepticons we had was Megatron and Barricade.

Megatron was great whenever he was on screen.

10. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Prequells arent cannon

Wheelie was great to see again

And mohawk was great for what little we got

Also transformers has always and will always use sterotypes

Also bro this didnt require a thread we have a big reveiw threas

11. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I have no idea on how Galvy got to Quintessa. I completely agree that is one giant effing plot hole, but this is Bayverse where plot holes are as abundant as baysplosions. A plot hole free Bay film would certainly be one of the signs of apocolypse :lol 

I don't know how Galvy and Quintessa hooked up, but between that red mark, his knowledge about the talisman and his nearly laidback interaction with Quintessa when he brought her the staff, made it obvious to me that they had already met up. That much I'm sure of.

My guess is that he maybe used the smaller crashed part of the Knights ship Hound flew all of them to safety on in AOE?

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    ... I liked it better than AOE. I actually laughed at this one in a few places.

I think I'm able to enjoy these movies on some level because I go into them with less than zero expectations.
    Megatron was gold in this one. He felt evil, and it was nice to see that he is indeed the original Megatron (or minimum has his memories).

The interactions between Yeager and Lennox were good. The kid didn't annoy me much.
    Cogman was an interesting character.

Grimlock eating the police cruiser was funny.

Overall, I don't get the hate. It was a fun movie. I enjoyed this one better than AOE and ROTF. It's on par with DOTM and the original.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Welp, I just plopped down another twenty for a second IMAX viewing in a couple hours. Hoping that there is something I can salvage by seeing it again.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It's not hate.
    Hate is a strong word too often used and abused.

People are just disappointed

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    People are mad about continuity with this movie? Where was everyone in the first 4? They all contradict each other.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought it was decent. More towards the middle of the films.

Liked Cogman. I did laugh when The Earl was giving the big dramatic speech and the music swells. Earl stops speaking and the music keeps getting louder... it is Cogman playing the organ.. and it happens again a moment later. I did chuckle at that.

I thought Daytrader was played by Joe Pesci. Sounded like him. Was Buscemi.

Rolled my eyes at the Suicide Squad name bit with the cons. Did like Mohawk and Nitrus. Thought Nitrus was voiced by a wrestler. Nope DiMaggio.

17. numbat

numbat Legends Class

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I enjoy Michael Bay's first four Transformers films, despite their obvious flaws. However, I really did struggle with TLK - even with Transformers against the back drop of one of my favourite landscapes in Scotland (Trotternish peninsula on Skye).

I felt the plot hung together as poorly as ROTF, but without as much charm. (Not that I'm saying ROTF has a lot of charm either!)

There were about five good movies in TLK, but focus was given to none. I really liked the scene with Megatron, Lennox and the lawyers in Namibia running in to the Dirty Dozen / Suicide Squad riff. I thought 'hey, this is great - finally some fun!' Then Bay ended it in the next scene. Honestly I'd have watched a 90min film on that alone.

TLK does nothing to help the series make sense as a whole either - it already had massive conflicts but TLK jars with all previous plots. But honestly, I don't expect or even want a good plot from a movie about giant alien robots that turn in to cars.

Plus points were certainly the designs, score, acting (some of the best in the series actually!) and shorter running time. I also like that the movies are now building on their own universe mythos and borrowing less directly from elsewhere.

Alas, I do think TLK is my least favourite of the live action films. Fortunately my wife was out in the evening so I got Takara 2010 Unicron down and watched the 1986 film on BluRay to wash it away.

Still, TF6 could really be amazing with all that setup (or awful) and I have high hopes for the Bumblebee spinoff - it should be more intimate and really the thing that the last three films have suffered from are the epic scope and associated lack of focus.

Here's hoping!

_20170622_203445.JPG

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Just saw it. I thought it was basically a random mashup of Braveheart, Armageddon, The Hunt for Red October, and The Fast and The Furious, but with robots.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MilukPrime

MilukPrime Well-Known Member

I just came back from it and I Absolutely enjoyed the shit out of it!!! I went in excited and came out pleasantly surprised by what I watched. It was really worth the wait. Nitro Zeus Was an absolute blast to see on screen! Even if forr the few scenes that he was in.

Cogman was a Badass
    The sexual humor wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    The CGI Was absolutely amazing, probably the best I've seen In a long time.
    The Sound Mixing and Design was positively orgasmic! Especially with the voices for the robots.

I almost took aoll this negativity to heart but in the end I enjoyed what I watched. Was it Citizen Cain? NO. It had flaws but I did not let those flaws affect my viewing experience.

Also, Daytrader Was pretty great

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Optimus Prime is an egomaniac.

This movie was stupid entertainment. Probably wont watch it again, but it was way better than AOE. Hopkins and Cogman were pretty funny.

It's probably getting too much hate. AOE deserved the ridicule, and while extremely silly, TLK wasn't a complete waste of time, AND I actually made it through the whole thing without falling asleep.