TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Pros:
    - King Arthur story point is great, give me an entire movie off that. Probably the most coherent thing about this movie.
    - Tapping into many facets of previous Transformer series. It also makes a mess but it's nice to see some ideas trying to be incorporated. They're at least doing some home work
    - Introduction of Decepticons characters (also a negative on how they did it) but finally something that tells you who they are.
    - Lara Haddock held her own, even though she was forced into the Bay eye candy box
    - Cogman's "move b**ch" segment brought a smile

Cons:
    - Where the hell did Cade's
    Excalibur
    go? It disappears within a frame and never used again
    - Suicide Squad decepticon introductions. Could have been accomplished better than that.
    - Making Lara Haddock's character dress like a sexpot even though she's supposed to be the brainy/strong female lead. At least there were no gratuitous ass/curvature shots
    - The candlelight dinner came out of nowhere, ate up valuable time, and was just completely not needed.
    - Selling the movie on "why they keep
    Coming here" but not really explaining why
    - Baby Dinos with no explanation.
    - Ezabella seems like a plot piece that was left on the cutting room floor. Made up to be a vital role only to really not be needed and thrust into the climax for no reason. She and Squeeks should have been left out completely

2. Chaddicus

Also, guys, Cogman was never mentioned to be a headmaster. Stop using his upcoming toy gimmick as a negative for his character

3. Onua

Onua Active Member

I do think this movie is getting a ton of hate that isnt super warranted. I dont think its nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. This isnt a great movie, but definately not as bad as people are making it out to be

• Like Like x 2
  4. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was. Blatantly. "He is a headmaster." Can't get any more blatant than that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chaddicus

Well they are dead l, so yeah, oldest friend slides in easily

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy to hear thag, Tony. I'm seeing it in a few hours and I was beginning to have second thoughts after reading the negative reviews.

7. Chaddicus

Guess I missed that phrase, but can you blame me. Also might not necessarily mean Headmaster in the frame of reference that we think. Could be Head master, in charge of the rest maybe

8. Onua

Onua Active Member

I feel a lot of the backlash will die out soon. I know a large majority of people have enjoyed it far more on their second viewing.
    I had a friend who went with me who didnt watch ANY trailers and he really enjoyed it. I was slightly disappointed the first time but mulled over the movie and found I liked it more and more. After my second viewing I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than my first time.

I do think a lot of the hate is a little over exaggerated lol

• Like Like x 5
  9. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's also be said several times by Bay and others involved, specifically that he can rip heads off other transformers and take over their bodies. Somehow, though, that never actually made it into the movie. That's where Hasbro got the inspiration for making his figure Titan Master compatible and why he can replace Nitro's head.

• Like Like x 1
  10. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    indeed i love him scanning that lamborghini

11. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I heard Anthony Hopkins mention he was a headmaster pretty clearly for as fast as he was talking.

12. Onua

Onua Active Member

The scene was probably cut. This movie smells like a lot of scenes were cut

13. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totaly as they filmed a full day around Newcastle town centre and nothing was shown. Also in the scrapyard when Cade goes Grimlock put that cruiser down now . You see Izzy laugh with squeeks..

14. Onua

Onua Active Member

I think at least 30 minutes were cut from the film.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Onua

Onua Active Member

The trailer they released today straight up has cut footage lmfao

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    which, if true, is bullshit - considering how much crap was in the movie that didn't need to be.

17. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    This is gonna be a super long post, so imma put it in spoiler quotes, I proudly present, transformers the last knight, my version:

Paramount logo

Skip the midieval battle scen and instead open which Anthony hopkins' narration, prime is captured, etc. Then galvatron comes strolling out of an adjacent chamber. Prime: how could you be here? Galvatron: I was invited here by quintessa, and arrived via space bridge moments before you did. Prime: but sentinel... quintessa: (interrupting) and where do you think sentinel got the idea? space bridge technology is as old as cybertron itself. Now that you've both arrived...(explains Unicron is earth, etc) Prime: you would destroy earth to save cybertron? NO! One dead planet is not worth an entire world filled with life. Galvatron: Quiet prime, haven't you done enough damage?!? (neels in front of quintessa) I hereby pledge my loyalty to you goddess, together we will save our home. Quintessa: Excellent, for your loyalty I will grant you a new body, more powerful than any that came before it. (Blue lighting crackles everywhere, as galvatron morphs into his new form) You shall be Megatron once more! (Transformation finishes and the new Megatron sits on a be knee before them) Quintessa: (touches megatron's chin and the red mark appears) now go, prepare the earth for harvest. Megatron: As you command...(space bridge portal appears, Megatron walks through) Quintessa: (turns to prime) Clearly you will require farther convincing...(speaking to infernocus) bring me the DARK entergon...(fades to black)

Cut to earth, the whole scene in Chicago happens (minus that one creepy kid).

Cut to morshour talking with epps, scene is unchanged aside from the fact that epps mentions he thought barricade was dead. Morshour: So did we, he's a tricky one. Killed 20 men in a cleanup squad after the battle of chicago. (Flashback to men in hazmat suits with guns loading TF scrap on a truck in Chicago. Barricade in his old form, and severely damaged, bursts out of a scrap pile taking out humans as he goes, before transforming and speeding away.) Morshour: He reformatted his body shortly thereafter and until a few days ago appears to have been under deep cover in the Saudi Arabian police force.

Cut to Megatron and barricade, the conversation is largely unchanged, aside from barricade mentioning TRF is looking for some kind of weapon, the staff of Merlin, and Megatron ONLY shooting flames once, and instead of destroying a car next to him, he takes out something next to barricade. After consulting with quintessa megatron turns to barricade Megatron: we have to get that staff! It's time to make a deal...with TRF...

Cut to Lennox and morshour discussing Megatron

Morshour: Megatron wants to make a deal... Lennox: why would Megatron make a deal with us? He has to have some kind of alterior motive. Morshour: (grabbing an iPad with the Apple logo clearly displayed) He does, this is the staff of Merlin (showing Lennox ancient paintings and documents), a legendary weapon of unimaginable power that our experts believe is cybertronian in origin. 2 days ago, barricade broke into a secure TRF facility and copied all our intel on the staff...before erasing their hardrives and detonating some kind of alien bomb that flattened every standing structure in a 3 mile radius.

Cut to Megatron and Lennox meeting, the scene plays out the same except with less cuts, and the camera stays still, Megatron is also not growling constantly, and remains standing proudly aside from when he takes a swipe at Lennox for denying him berserker.

Cut to the junkyard, scene plays out as before

Everything is the same up until bee destroys Mohawk, this time he doesn't. Grimlock is also shown deliberately killing dreadbot before priestly exclaiming "me Grimlock king!!!" Crosshairs: oh shit up and get back to the scrap yard. Cade: wait, he can talk? Grimlock: No, dinobots no work with autobots no more, we going off o our own. Scorn and strafe find new home where me Grimlock will be KING!!! (Roars and runs off into the sunset with baby dinobots in tow) cade: so no one else is shocked that he can talk? Drift: of course he can, he never shuts up! Cogman: (this all happens right after he shows up) the legendary dinobots were especially known for there boisterous dispositions on old cybertron! Cade: stares blankly before everyone departs

Cut to England, everything is the same other than the fact that you ditch the mom's friends and just have a heartfelt conversation between mother and daughter.

Movie plays out as before until the car chase in England, this time the Aston Martin transforms and Cogman explains "this is my transtechtor, he will be running interference for us" the headless robot then runs off gleefully causing chaos...again Cade stares blankly, mount agape.

The rest of the movie is ok, just show the staff emit a pulse into bee's throat while he's fighting Prime and just before he speaks. Also, nitro transforms and flies off as bee shoots at him towards the end. Aaaand when burton opens the book in the library all he says is "oh no" before tearing out the pages and running off)

Also, cut the second scene with the mom's friends, and intersperse bits of the medieval battle when burton is describing the history of the witwickins.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this means some other Bots are still alive :O

19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

That would be my guess. We never actually saw, and it was never said onscreen, what happened to Swipe, Dino, Topspin, Roadbuster, Jolt and the Twins (Bay himself said that the movie novels/comics are not canon to his films).
    We also know that Cuba is just one of a few sanctuary countries for Bots to goto for safety.
    So it's very possible for those aforementioned Bots to be in any of those sanctuary countries.

20. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    someone please tell me, did drift die? we dont see him after the end battle, did i miss something?