TFW The Last Knight User Reviews (Post all reviews here) (Assume SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

Its a wrecker for sure and he is a mix between leadfoot and topspin but i think its topspin considering he had a similar face to leadfoot in dotm

2. LukeStone

LukeStone Active Member

Well honestly as someone who has seen every series. Played alot of the games. And seen all the 4 Bay movies. I got to say I absolutely adored the last knight. Definitely my favorite as of now. I just went in with an opened mind. And was lost in this world for 2 and a half hours and came out feeling like a new man

• Like Like x 2
  3. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    It's hot garbage but I expected that going in so I actually enjoyed it a lot. Definitely worth the $4 especially in IMAX.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

Me too but i feel like there was room for improvement

• Like Like x 1
  5. LukeStone

LukeStone Active Member

Pros I loved almost all the characters. humans and robots. That's really what made the movie for me was the characters. I loved the way it was shot especially this one. The action was awesome to look at. I felt like this one had the most personality and that's why I like it the best of the 5

• Like Like x 1
  6. LukeStone

LukeStone Active Member

Negatives. there were continuity issues but they eventually just left my brain alone. At first I was mad but you could fill in the gaps yourself I guess.:lol 

7. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

On the matter of the Cuba Autobot, many people and websites claim it is in fact Topspin.

• Like Like x 1
  8. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    This movie is by far one of the weakest in the franchise. I left the theater wondering what the point of it all was.

For the most part, I have enjoyed the others. Please, save your money this time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OPTIMUS GEOFF

OPTIMUS GEOFF Well-Known Member

I loved the first three TF films, (yes, even ROTF) but this was bad. AoE was decentish, but this was bad. Optimus being onscreen for 15 minutes, no explanation for Megs new form, Bumblebee's WW2 past, etc etc etc.... lack of continuity. The terrible humor... god damn the terrible humor. Too much human interaction for a film titled Transformers. I hated Hound in AoE and hoped that Megs actually blew him away at the junkyard. Cogman was wayyy too much. Anthony Hopkins was good, but once he entered, the pace slowed sooo much. Prime is and has always been, to me, the face of TF and to not have him there until the last 15 minutes was a waste for me. Why do all the decepticons have to be such loudmouth punks? Why can't we just get one serious bad ass like TF1 Megs? Sorry, I thought it was terrible. I won't buy this on blu ray or digital. Well, I probably will, but, damn you, Michael Bay. You ha e ruined this movie franchise. It could have and should ha e been so much better.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loads more swearing in this one. I don't mind swearing but I don't think this much is needed in a sorta kids film.

I liked the Decepticons despite their pointlessness. I kinda took it that Megs chose those guys because they were expendable.

Interesting that Bee switches between his real voice and radio at the end. I love the voice by the way.

It was disappointing that Bay glosses over detail for the bot side of the plot. It was a little ambiguous whether Prime was brainwashed at the start and no-one says what Unicron is.

Another thing I didn't like was the editing. It was all over the place, jarring and felt like shots or scenes were cut out. I haven't minded Bay's quirky humour so far but I had my fill by the end of TLK.

Overall, I still liked it, but need to watch it again without thinking about the editing.

Looking forward to seeing where we go with Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

Honestly, I feel this was one of the weaker films. Don't get me wrong, as someone who has enjoyed or at least had some degree of fun with the previous entries, I'd still say this film is solid, it just doesn't have that same power that AOE had when it reignited my love for this franchise.

As for the specifics, well I may speak about them later since even though spoilers are already being brought up, I still want to wait at least a week before saying anything.

12. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The Cuba robot looked like topspin body with the head of leadfoot. Surprised nobody noticed the bearded head ( Sorry if you did, haven't had the chance to catch up on 99 pages of posts)

13. ILikeSoundwave

ILikeSoundwave Stunticon

News Credits:
    *Sigh* I had such high hopes for this movie and I don't know why when I think about it now maybe it was because of the writers room and them moving the franchise towards a cinematic universe direction thingy. But overall it was super disappointing. Me and my friends were standing in line at the Paramount event with our Last Knight cups and popcorn boxes unable to believe that the past year of speculating and re-watching trailers over and over again would come to a close. I've watch all Transformer movies on opening day and thoroughly enjoyed watching them all for the first time but I was completely lost and had no clue what was going on last night. [​IMG][​IMG]

Stuff I disliked:
    *All good of the good stuff was shown in the trailers
    *Too much Humans. At the beginning in the Junkyard I thought the Transformers had a very nice and generous amount of screentime but once Cade and Bee went to London it was all Human from there.
    *There were no proper fights in the movie other than Prime v Bee. AOE had Prime v Lockdown, Prime v Galvatron, Bee v Stinger and a couple more.
    I was honestly hoping for an epic Prime v Megatron battle at the end.
    *Characters showed up and vanished. Grimlock and Slug were last seen destroying a few TRF vehicles and are never heard of again. Drift and Crosshairs were seen prepping for the final battle but were nowhere to be seen in it. Barricade was at Stonehenge and was never seen after that.
    *Decepticons had a actual proper introduction and all half of them died 5 minutes later *cough* Onslaught. What a waste, especially when some of them looked to have actual character like Mohawk.
    *Megatron didn't feel like Megatron, every time he was on screen he was always just talking getting the staff, getting the talisman. He never talked about anything else so we didn't get any background information or any motives (other than fixing Cybertron).
    *Quintessa was maybe a highlight for me but they also didn't provide us much about her or why she was there, why she showed up now etc.
    *The plot was messy and confusing and the fast pacing of the movie didn't help at all. I don't understand why it was all happening like why did the horns start appearing, why did Quintessa bring Cybertron at the time she did, it all felt very coincidental.
    *Prime was evil for like 5-10mins. In my opinion he should've stayed at way until the end or sometime in the final battle.
    *Dragonstorm was very underused.
    *Score wasn't memorable.
    *Topspin with Leadfoot's head and a Latino accent?
    *I have a few more but I can't be bothered anymore.

Stuff I liked:
    *Thought Cogman was funny a few times, would've been nice to see him kick some ass in the final battle.
    *Anthony Hopkins' character was pretty good, enjoyed him.
    *Visuals were far better than AOE.
    *Like I said before Quintessa was kinda cool, I liked the tease in the post credits scene.

Questions I need answered:
    So what is the purpose of the Last Knight? Vivian was Merlin's decedent so she could use the staff but what was Cade's role as the Last Knight?
    Why did Megatron, Nitro and Barricade go to Stonehenge? Did they activate something there I don't remember? Because Megatron right after that fly away and gave the staff to Quintessa to begin the process.
    So Megatron had that red stuff on his face as well, was he being controlled by Quintessa?
    Why did Edmond Burton just try to shoot Megatron point blank like that?
    Why did TRF release Megatron and the Decepticons to go after the Autobots? TRF had their coordinates and knew they had the talisman why need the Cons?

Maybe I set my expectations a bit too high, I don't why it is Micheal Bay after all. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ILikeSoundwave

ILikeSoundwave Stunticon

News Credits:
    It was Topspin's body with Leadfoot's head with a Latino accent. Don't ask why.

15. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

Bay is messed up

16. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just say it,you're entitled to cause if there are people who click on a spoiler tagged thread and expect there to be no spoilers,then i say bravo to them

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Probably the sub and the majority of the WWII stuff at the Churchill estate that got cut.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Well those websites and people are wrong.

19. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    I don't take issue with knocks to the films--they are fundamentally flawed. But, I am under the perhaps-false impression that most members log in to post more negative remarks or pick fights than positive ones in just about every thread about anything ever. And the professional critics love to harp on confusing plots and then thin ones. Are they idiots and need the whole plot fed to them like baby food?

That said, I loved the movie. It had its share of inexcusable mistakes, but they don't bother me too much.
    The Good:
    • Megatron. I entered the theater looking forward to him the most, and while I left disappointed, marginally so. I found him menacing (brought a young girl to tears) and well...meaningful. As much as I enjoy movie Megatron, he came across as a throw-away villain named Megatron in the first three films and was a joke in AOE. Not only was he Megatron, frequenting his fusion cannon, but he had his moments. It's hard to describe. He also transformed a ton and we got a close-up of his jet mode.
    • The battle scenes were marvelous. I'm disappointed that the only real one-to-one fight was Nemesis and Bumblebee, but the large-scale sequences were amazing. They took DOTM and slowed it down. It felt like a G1 firefight, with Megatron spamming his fusion cannon and Megatron ordering a combiner team to unite and destroy the Autobots.
    • Plot. I thought it was coherent and simple. It remained driving throughout and kept me interested. It was also heavily based in TF mythology. Plausibility may have hurled off the roof, but that made it honestly feel more and more like a G1 episode as I think about it. Megatron retreats over and over, one MacGuffin controls everything, etc.
    • This was a Transformers movie. The robot cast was developed, their interaction (Autobots) was perfect, and they got plenty of screen time.
    • The Decepticons. Honestly, they blew, but for the time they were there, they were awesome. The group shots were fantastic. Nitro stood out and lasted. Barricade was cool, and his updated voice humanized him and made him not sound like a monster. He reminded me of Soundwave in his role.
    • Sqweeks and Izabella were fine, but as I could care less about them, I loved how Cade and Viviane were the focus and not them. They didn't smother me with screen time. Neither did the whole Nemesis Prime thing. The movie gave me more of what I wanted and less of what the trailers focused on.
    • Infernocus was a proper combiner and kick-butt at that.
    • Recurring characters. Simmons, Lennox, Morshower.
    • Most everything else.
    The Bad:
    • The Decepticons exited so fast that Megatron had to fend off the Autobots by himself. Yeah, he's Megatron, but when he's got Bumblebee on his shoulders, Hound firing at his front, and Hot Rod firing his ridiculously overpowered time-bubble guns, what's he gonna do?
    • How did Optimus become half-dead floating through space? Where was Drift in the final battle? I think Optimus asked where he was, and Hound said he chickened out? Barricade can get over to England but not onto Cybertron?
    • Awkward and unnecessary human scenes. Just no. I do think there was notably less of these this go around.
    • Burton's performance was memorable, but more in his wisecracks than in his preferably serious deliveries.
    • Cogman was funny, but he didn't do much else for me.
    • The usual truckload of missed opportunities. You name it and Battlefront and his team probably missed it.
    Overall, I loved, loved, loved this movie. It lived up to my hopes and surprised me in including less of what I wasn't looking forward too and more of what I wanted. It set up sequels, and I feel that Bay tried to truly deliver for the general audience with a more concise plot and less booty shots (but they'll still complain, oh well), and for the fans, making advances in what we liked about AOE. Bay won't win though. I personally hope he returns.

1. Dark of the Moon
    2. The Last Knight
    3. Revenge of the Fallen
    4. 2007 (I like grander plots)
    5. Age of Extinction
    I cannot wait to see this movie again. I didn't want it to end.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    For once I agree fully with the people who bash these films. And although I'm never quick to jump on someone's back to defend these films, I've at least had enjoyment out of the last 4.

But this one. Jesus H Christ. For the first time in 8 fucking years there comes a TF movie that I just can't watch twice. I mentioned in a thread before leaving for the theater that I'll go see it and probably love it anyway, because if AOE didn't turn me off then it would have to do alot to get me to that point.. And it felt like I was personally forced by Michael Bay to hit my breaking point as i was so excited when the film started and left the theater in utter disappointment. I still can't believe it. I mean SUPER rushed scenes, be it action or dialog, the editor must have smoking some really good dope because the cuts are chaotic as hell. All robot fight scenes are entirely too short. Decepticons...why the fuck were they even BOTHERED with this time??? Fucking Why? They all get intro with speaking roles for fucking ONCE and they all die in 1 second I will never get over that one.... a cheesy final battle, useless kid characters, too much military action which actually was a big fear of mine as soon as I saw the film in production! I could keep going but...its being said all around.

One thing is for sure, I'll be surprised if it even reached close to a billion in the box office. This one is so hilariously terrible that it's turning people who have liked the films against them. That's NOT how you try and start a cinematic universe. And I'll go ahead and finally say it. After this bullshit I seen last night...they really just need to stop and reboot this horse.

• Like Like x 7