TFW Power Core Combiner / Generations Pictures from Toy Fair 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool stuff.... packaging could be better though.

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    What you guys gotta remember is that the PCC subline doesn't consist of traditional gestalts. Don't think of it as "DAMMIT WHY DRONEZ NO ROBIT MODEZ GRRR", think of it more as one singular robot retrofitting common vehicles as limbs to power-up.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's pretty cool.
    I have to admit that I'm tempted on getting a 5 pack and then picking up Huffer, just because the concept of Huffer being a combiner commander is hilarious to me.

I really don't want to get into the PCC figs though. I just flat out don't like the oogly "mediocre toy" look of them. Yet the stupid little kid in me wants to play with them.

4. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I like how the PCC's automorph.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Powercore alternate heads are just like the classic Power Ranger figure heads! Awesome.:lol 

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    PCC really look tempting after those videos.

Especially loving how each have two heads.
    Really wish they'd just release limb packs though now, and that the core bodies get repainted to corresponding gestalts.

hotspot, motormaster, etc.

7. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

cool gimmick. if the limbs are able to bend at the elbows, then i am totally sold on these little combiners.

8. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

quote/copy/paste/stick/in/sig!!

words to live by.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it's funny how the scouts are quite possibly the most exciting line of figures for 2010 when they have been overlooked a lot during the past few years. Hell I overlooked most of them except for the Real Gears from TF1. Yet now? I love how they are now modular components and each scout has 3 modes; robot, vehicle, and combiner body. Hell this has me interested in picking up some ROTF scouts to see what I've been missing out on.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think the scout class figs were some of the most exciting figures from 2009 as well.

As for the Powercore line, I went from "OMG CAN'T WAIT!" when we heard about these, to "kind of meh" when we first saw pics, and back to "OMG CAN'T WAIT!" now that I've seen the vids of them in action. And here I was hoping for a slow year.

11. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

the sting of the power core "combiners" limbs having no robot modes is lessened if you compare them not to combiners but to energon prime; they're not merge teams but robots with SUPAAA MOOOODO! .

that said, I still wonder if it would have killed them to give these things actual hands with 5mm holes. messes like that claw on skyburst's helicopter down are just.... kinda stupid.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    After watching the videos, I'll still probably just get Huffer & Caliburst, and maybe a few more of the 2-packs. The drone's seem to work nicely, but the gimmick seems to have limited their articulation in limb-mode. I can handle them not having bot-modes, but to be poorly articulated limbs ruins it for me.

Here's hoping that the Commander Bombshock figure gets released in a two-pack with a minicon at some point.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    spot on Vector and I love the PCC even if the are one transformer and 4 drones that pull a Voltron act " Form feet and legs, gor arms and torso and Ill form the head!"

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I keep meaning to pick up Ejector and I hear that the WWI plane is all kinds of awesome. Always meant to pick scouts up but the $7+ pricetag kept me reluctant for the most part. I might pick up Dune Runner soon and see how I feel about it.

In any case, Ejector counts for me as an unofficial Real Gear, and I LOVED the ones I bought.

My outlook on the Power Core Combiners changed a lot once I saw the videos. The 5 packs look very fun to play with but I still worry about full articulation. Plus, the proportions look weird so far; hopefully they can be configured to move better. I'm worried that the automorphing gets in the way of elbow/knee joints.

I am happy that the scout at least, retains full articulation.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The Power Core figures look SLIGHTLY more appealing to me after seeing the video. However, I still doubt I'll pick any up. They've gone from "no way" to "maybe when they're on 75% clearance at Target."

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gotta say I like what I see about PCC. Also IMO Scouts have really been the only toys to get in the last few months bar a small handfull of bigger toys

17. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

The limbs automorph back into vehicles when detached?? Epic!

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Bruticus' automorphing looks pretty cool, and those claws look badass:p 

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Automorph looks like a lot of fun, it's quite a nice, dynamic way of doing the combination.

But what I'm really jazzed about is the two pack Scouts each having the larger combined mode head! So not only can you give them the limbs from the multipacks, but they can also flip out a bigger head! That's all kinds of awesome right there. I'm definitely going to have to experiment with some different limb / torso options now.

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Ok, I was going to pass up the power core combiners, but that automorph is sick! Damn Hasbro, why couldn't you get that creative with Devy?