TFW Interviews James Roberts

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe he'll use a different Decepticon cassette? Overkill? Squalktalk?

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    very nice interview.... But do comic writers take a class on giving interviews, they all kinda sound the same. Which is not meant as any sort of diss, just an observation. I'd also like to say a bit of heresy, Watchman is a great book, but it's not THAT great. I'd take the originality and amazing story structure that MTMTE has been gracing us with any day of the week.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    literally was thinking exactly that 10 seconds before loading page 5

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Josh posted the Nick Roche cover on his Facebook. The Decepticon Lost Light crew maybe? Duobots? Spinister?

[​IMG]

edit: Spinister, Flywheels, Krok, Misfire, and Crankcase :D 

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I sure hope so, since those flashback did nothing besides make him look a high powered Seeker whereas Sixshot has six modes and Overlord is technically a combiner... So I was brainstorming that maybe that little *Space Drone of his managed to escape, which will somehow allow him to recreate his body. After all it's not shown in any of the torture scenes.

[​IMG]*Black Shadow's Drone

Plus making Black Shadow merely a plot device of DJD cannon fodder just seems like a huge waste.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, i want one too... is there a good image of one somewhere? I know someone who does glass etching, maybe she could make some?

man, you got my hopes up for the Duocons showing up... I want to see them... (DUR... i'm an idiot, totally didn't see Flywheels right there in big letters)

all in all, fantastic interview. I really like all the little hints we got, and can't wait to see where this is all going. I need to to buy the trades so i can reread them all over and over again. I love this series so much.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Word. Black Shadow is one of my favorite guys. While he definitely made the DJD look crazy badass, I'll be sad if that was his entire presence in the IDW continuity. Though, it doesn't seem very Robertsian to just throw away a half-obscure character like Black Shadow, especially considering he was the only other Phase Sixer we know about...

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Good interview!! Enjoyed a few spoilers too... :D 

(I only have the first TPB to date)

9. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I'd held off from talking about this ealier in the thread because there were still so many spoiler blackouts. I'll pose my thought that's now a couple of days old and probably overlapping with the ideas of others as a question.

What if Black Shadow has a whole host of his identical outer forms/pretender shells at his (core robot's) disposal?

That's pretty extreme admittedly. I'd taken the thought so far as that perhaps the core robot could use one outer from as a host, both in the sense of his physical ensconement and like a master/slave computer network, whereby other copies of Black Shadow's outer form could aid the completion of his missions. Particularly, helping with the namesake Phase Six sterilisation missions, perhaps in a more automated fashion, with less of the benefits of sentience that the shell hosting Black Shadow himself would have. I could try and say that's a particularly apocolyptic development of powers Hound or the Insecticons had in G1, though I'm not particularly invested in the idea. ;) 

However I could see a more basic point on this line of thought being used; maybe Black Shadow's got a few pretender shells in storage at some undisclosed location(s)? Sort of like in the Star Wars expanded universe material - which I am n expert in - where Emperor Palpatine had a bunch of cloned bodies he planned to posess in the event of his original body's destruction.

Still, these sorts of ideas are variations on the one alrady proposed here that Black Shadow's core or drone or what have you had his entity/metaphysical being transmitted/uploaded into it when the DJD moved to effect his demise. Just as with Optimus Prime transferring himself to his trailer when Megatron got the better of his main form.