TFTM Voyager Evac

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

I love my Evac, one of the best movie toys i've bought so far. The colors really just make the mold look that much cooler IMO.

2. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Get it now. I mean it. Much better than the original mold. There's a retool on the automorph. I don't know what it is exactly but it's definitely better and easier (by that I mean frustration) to transform. Colors are really nice, and the ugly light blue (that most people, including me, are complaining about) all-spark works with it. Nice little details here and there. The head visor really glows bright with light, same as Jazz. The raft is love. Plus, you can pull off the tent, making seem like a real raft. This toy screams autobot for sure.

3. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    ok so what does the EV1015-07 on his side mean? obviosly its refering to october 15th 2007?

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Snagged one at a local Target on the way into work tonight. Must've got a bad batch, because it seems like every problem I had with Blackout is present TENFOLD on my Evac. Chest automorph is all munged-up, the lifeboat hatch BARELY stays closed, the wrists are floppy (most likely fixable with a screwdriver), and just bout every joint feels loose and floppy, like the mold for each part was JUST short of enough plastic to mold the whole part. Which is a shame, because he was the only repaint that was buy on sight for me. He LOOKS fantastic. The allspark blue really works with the color scheme, and I like the remolded pieces. I still love the little guy, I just seem to have gotten one produced at the end of the workweek. :) 

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When was the DVD released?

Maybe someone's birthday, or the date Evac was supposed to ship out of the factory into the distribution chain. Me not know.

Anyway, got this one and I think it's pretty neat. Like others said, the colors and details completely change it from Blackout, although the bright colors kinda show some of the flaws that Blackouts dark colors masked, like the gappy upper torso. It's interesting to note that the hands are still more or less the same as Blackouts TMNT three-fingered hand, except clenched into a fist-with-hole configuration.

I'm thinking of doing a little part-swapping between original Blackout and the upcoming Premuim version when it comes out. Betwwen that and Evac, I'll have the best of all (Blackouty) worlds

P.S. My Evac seems to have a properly-aligned automorph

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Managed to fix every little issue on Evac aside from the automorph and the fact that, while more stable than my Blackout, the legs on Evac still don't want to stay up in helicopter mode. The legs I can fix once I get home and have access to all of my mod supplies. The automorph is just frelled, I think. He's still capable of transforming okay. and manually rotating the chest into helicopter mode DOES make the legs pull into position correctly, but pulling the legs down into robot mode doesn't return the favor.

7. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DVD official date of release was 10/16/07 but it may have been released a day early at most places (like how the movie was released a day or 2 early than 7/4/07) so 101507 could be DVD release date.

8. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    well that mystery is solved. awesome remold, i love this guy

9. Maximum Burn

Ouch, mines work. I got the same problems with my Blackout. Finally, an actual TF piece that I had no problems with (aside from the arm not sticking in, but I found out you need a lot pressure so it works out fine). I did find out that there's less pegs to attach making it easier to transform. The auto morph on mines really doesn't work. So it's manually pushing the chest plate up. It won't move the head but I think it's better like that.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Evac's been around my area for about a week now, but I finally bought it last night out of sheer disgust at the lack of Cliffjumper or Landmine anywhere.

I don't regret it at all, the remolding is great, and the colors bland together much better than I thought they would. The boat accessory/ gun is pretty cool. The automorph on mine still doesn't work perfectly, but much better than on my Blackout.

I wish more remolds like this could be done, but I understand it's an expensive process, so I'll take what I can get!

11. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I haven't owned Evac for long, however he is already one of my favorite Transformers. The paint job is especially nice, it is very bright and cheerful compared to most of the recent toys. I really like how he stands out in a display and somewhat brightens the shelf.

The remolding Hasbro did turned out very well, Evac's head is very friendly looking and reminds me of the helmets of medical personnel, and replacing Scorponok with the life-raft was a brilliant idea! He also seem to transform slightly easier than Blackout. I really like Evac, and for me, he was definitely a worthwhile purchase! :D 

12. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Evac does fit in with the rest of Deluxe Autobots.

Just picked him up tonight... (I didn't have the Blackout).

In robot mode, Evac does fit pretty well with the rest of my Autobots. I like it instantly!!...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Nice pics didn't know he had that articulation in the legs... and I had Blackout back in June and did not notice this.

Me want now!

14. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already have movie Blackout with Reprolabels added. But there is something about the paint on Evac,its a real good look!

15. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

I am assuming by the lack of the rotor blades behind his head that you removed the tail section. How is that done? I have Blackout and I hate the "third leg" behind him.

16. Maximum Burn

Pull it out? Seriously, the whole backpack can detach. Grab the rotor base with one hand and the other on the body/backside. Should come off with some force.

17. Deviant Anomaly

Ah ha. Somehow they failed to mention that on the instruction sheet. Thanks. :) 

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the instructions show that you can detach it and use it as his weapon...

19. Deviant Anomaly

Oh probably and in my hurry to reach the finished transformation I missed it.

20. Maximum Burn

It's better to ask anyways. *crazy movie figs*