Heavy/Scratch: TFTM Cybertronian modes

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Valmont2636, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Valmont2636

Valmont2636 Itteh Bitteh Death Kitteh

I'm gonna use this thread as a posting ground for help and tips from all you guys.

Well, my general plan is to use a Protoform Prime as the base for all 5 Autobots and then modding them here or there for individual characteristics.

Prime: I wanna try to increase his size to Leader class with a few mods here and there.

Ratchet: Increase to Voyager and use a Voyager Ratchet's head and other bits to make him bulkier and more akin to his earth form.

Ironhide: Pretty much the same as Ratchet.

BB: See Jin's proto' Bee and the pic on the bottom.

Jazz: A bit more difficult than the others, i don't have a complete plan for him.

But there's my general layout, it's gonna be a big project...so any help offered would be real awesome.

Let me know what you guys think!! :) 

Attached Files:

2. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

it sounds tough but it sounds like it will be awesome when its done

3. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think there are some oversized Protoform bootlegs floating around. Dunno if they're still available on eBay but they make ease your workload.

Maybe mod a Jazz from Proto Screamer, just for variety?

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I wanted to do this, but by the time I made up my mind, all the protoform Primes were gone :( 

There's a picture of Cybertron/protoform Ratchet towards the end of issue #1 of the prequel comic. With a new head, some paint, and minor sculpting/gluing new parts on the chest, you could make a pretty cool Ratchet.

Also the Transformers movie-verse comics published in the UK by Titan could serve as great reference since they depict the Autobots in pre-Earth modes that somewhat resemble their movie forms. For some ideas, check out Marcelo Matere's page.

I hope some of this helps or inspires you and I look forward to seeing your progress.

5. Ford Magnus

Ford Magnus Member

There is a robot hero of protoform jazz, that may be helpful for your proto for him.

I can't wait to see the finished products! I've been wanting to try the jazz proto myself! I have already done bumblebee, and I've been struggling for ideas/heads for the rest of them...

Good luck! Can't wait to see them!!

6. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Did you have to do a lot of modding to get BB's head on the protoform body, or is it just a matter of gluing a ball joint in for the neck?

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    this will be great when you pull it off

8. Valmont2636

Valmont2636 Itteh Bitteh Death Kitteh

The proto Screamer is a good idea but his design is too aerodynamic...but i'll fiddle around with it just to see where it goes.

Thanx for the link LemonPrime, this will really help with Jazz and Ratchet.