TFTM 30th......Anniversery Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, May 24, 2014.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

With the 30 Anniversery coming up in a couple years for the 1986 Movie, will we see a more proper Anniverery Line? Will we get Galvatron? Would he be a Leader Class? A Voyager Class? Would the same go for Rodimus? I ask this because Hasbro is going all out for the Thrilling 30 Segment of Generations, and with the original movie, there is a chance of getting something special, like the 25th Anniverery Unicron......(25th of the Movie, not the line)

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By 2016, I'm hoping we'll have more than a few Movie characters in Masterpiece form. Galvatron is pretty much a lock to be out by then. But as for new-mold regular Generations figures... I guess it's possible. They bungled Universe 2.0 Galvatron, so it's time to give him another shot. Classics Rodimus is old enough they could do a new mold for him.

3. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Would love to see more '86 characters get the MP treatment. Ikkstakk, I'm sorry. I don't see how Galvatron is "lock to be out by then". I'd love to see Galvatron regardless, along w/ MP Hot Rod, Kup, and Cyclonus.

As for "Generations", if we ARE in fact getting a Leader Megatron this year (still waiting on SOMETHING concrete to confirm the name drop) I want a Leader Galvatron for the '86 Anniversary line.

4. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Roddy also badly needs a re-do. I'd be happy to have that proposed Cloud version if nothing else looks likely. Just.....something.

5. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ya we need a new rodimus bad; the classics, while fun enough, just doesnt do it. Id personally love to see a new one based on the mtmte design and a new masterpiece thats properly in scale with the mp cars.

Galvatron, kup, cyclonus and Ultra magnus would also be very nice.

7. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Yep, that would do it rather well. Nice job.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    As far as MP's go Magnus is enroute, a better Rodimus would be awesome, and Galvatron NEEDS to happen.

as far as normal figures some classics that are better executed would be awesome. Leader Magnus, Voyager Galvatron and Rodimus, maybe Deluxes for Kup, Arcee, Blurr, Cyclonus, Scourge/Sweeps ect....

9. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We should at least see a new Galvatron that is bigger than deluxe in the next couple years. A Rodimus Prime that is the same size and doesn't separate from the trailer (similar to the Titanium figure) would compliment him nicely. A leader-size Ultra Magnus could share at least the cab with the leader G1 Optimus that will probably happen soon (especially if Optimus has a trailer that makes for a Powermaster-like Super robot mode). I wouldn't mind a remold of Wreck-Gar and the Junkions that fixes the break-point or a better deluxe Hot Rod either.

+-MWG-+

10. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Junkions!!!

a buddy of mine did bring up a good point: "why won't the Junkions get introduced into the Bayverse already? they're a perfect fit..."

-

11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

If you're looking for Generations figures of the '86 movie characters I'm sure they'll be made in conjunction with IDW and based on those designs.

Like others have pointed out, we already have MP Rodimus, MP Ultra Magnus is on his way, and MP Galvatron is rumored for next year (I take that with a grain of salt, though).

12. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Haha. Thanks! When you mentioned the "Cloud" Rodimus, I couldn't help myself.

13. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

As far as those deluxes go we already have good "classics" versions of all of them except Arcee, and she's on the way...

14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I am all about 1984 right now but a mainline movie set would send me into nirvana :) 

15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I want to say Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge/Sweeps should all be voyagers. Though I know it's unrealistic. I WOULD LOVE FOR THEM TO BE VOYAGERS THOUGH. Also, I highly approve the idea of a 30th anniversary for the movie to have updated movie figures. Wheelie should be a revived Scout Class.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Well...

Beat me to it. Once again, if they are going to do something like that I'd rather them get to the bots they haven't done yet. Honestly, not every Classics toy needs a redo. And I want to punch a kitten every time I hear the "They should all be voyagers" song.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll see. I personally still think the odds are almost even he'll be MP-23.

Well, punch one for me, because I agree. Voyager Cyclonus? Who would not want that (besides you, evidently)?

18. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Hot Rod needs to be done like yesterday. His designs are old as pre-2000.

Although, I am very satisfied with Energon Rodimus.

19. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I could go for a Galvatron. MP Galvatron would be even better

20. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

There's only a very select few classics figures that I feel could warrant, and feasibly get another try. Galvatron is definitely #1 on that very short list. haha