TFTM '07 jazz g1 redeco

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    In reference to the "Martini" sponsor decals, I certainly hope not. Aside from the need to have "geewun accuracy," what's the point? The Martini Racing Team only raced Porsche's and Formula 1 cars; never a Pontiac, or a RX-8 for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I love G1 toys and characters, but also there's no need to keep shoehorning it into everything.

That being said, this toy does look pretty cool. I think Hasbro's solution of "JAZZ" inside of the same markings was really clever and overall this was a nice job on their part. Had a set been made similar for the Alt Meister, I might would have gotten a set. (Then again, I liked making my own set anyways :) )

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

:confused:  G1 Jazz opnly had one shoulder gun.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

dude, its bad enough that you were trying to make him 'more g1' than he already is but you didnt even get that right too.

:lolol 

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I didn't buy the racing labels for Alt Meister, for the very same reasons you described. But since Target Jazz comes with replica stripes, might as well go all the way. I'm much more likely to customize a deluxe then an Alt anyways.

I agree with your point that the Jazz deco was only meant for one car, the Martini Porsche. I'd have been happy if Target Jazz had a more generic, simple blue stripe, but Hasbro went the full G1 route. I only bought him because we still don't have a proper Jazz in the deluxe scale.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Well, I actually like the majority of the overall deco itself on any Jazz, it's just the addition of the specific "MARTINI" name to something that specifically isn't raced by them that bothers me a bit (the same holds true for Mirage, Prowl, etc. with this very same principle). I think Hasbro made a lot of great decisions to go "the whole way" without crossing this line. :) 

6. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine finally came today in the mail...love him! Now i'm even more pissed they killed off Jazz in the first flick. Thanks for the mini review/description. This one was worth it,not like Dropkick with the bad shoulder peg problem.

7. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

So who was it that had the two guns/missiles on his back? Please tell me oh great lord of all things TF...

Next time I'll be sure to do more research in the land of geekdom

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    aw, dont take it so bad dude, just joshin.

g1 cars dude who has twin cannons as toys:
    - wheljack
    - prowl and repaints
    - tracks (kinda)

jazz, sideswipe, mirage, hound has single cannons.

g1 car dudes who has twin cannons in cartoon:
    - only blue streak and smokescreen. smokescreens cannon were redesigned in cartoon.

jazz and prowls cannons were ommited in cartoon. wheeljacks became single shoulder cannon.

this is going of memory.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I bought it like three weeks ago with the intention of keeping it MIP, but yesterday I decided I'm just not that kind of collector so I opened it up while I was home sick from work.

First off, the Deluxe Jazz mold is one of my least favorite toys in the movie line. The massive legs and the horrible arms were a major turnoff. Plus the solid silver deco made it pretty boring.

G1 Jazz looks much better than I thought it would. The only movie design that works well with the G1 color scheme IMO. The car mode is MUCH more attractive than the original. The bot mode is still one of my least faves but at least I can look at this one with rose-tinted glasses. Opposed to what others say, I don't think it fits in well with the Classics line as all as the aestetic is far too different to match, but I can honestly say I don't regret opening it up at all.

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Word of warning: The nose stripe on mine, started to scratch off. :( 

11. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if his stripes and numbering are the "super easy to rub off" kind like 07 and 08 Bumblebee and most of the Autobot logos? I want to buff him down with a cloth and some goo-gone type adhesive remover that i use for this process so that i'll have a plain white Jazz

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd have to say yes, given what I mentioned in my previous post.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay I'm picking mine up in 49 minutes once I get off work!!!!

14. Ironhide546

News Credits:

lol yes but is it really easy, like "07 Bumblebees pinstripes" easy to get off? :p  Like, do you think you could get the top candy stripes and the side graphics off with some buffing + solution?

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Wont say much, unfortunately as a toy he's still as meh as the original movie Jazz was. On the plus side he is also a vastly improved repaint of a so-so toy. I have to say I was very impressed with this toy in person, his car mode with the G1 paint makes him an excellent homage to his G1 counterpart. I still don't like his robot mode but I must say he's worth picking up just to have sitting next to G1 Jazz in car mode.

16. Gen. Obsidian

Gen. Obsidian Obliterate!

Just got this one 3 days ago, and he's quite alright, despite the placement of his cannon on alt mode, what's that, gone whaling on highway? LOL

17. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I finally found G1 Jazz last weekend. Bought him. Opened him.

The car: Nice. GREAT paint, which is why I bought him. He's pretty fiddly though. Hard to keep the panels in place. Kinda like the Alt Subarus, yet no where near as cool.

the bot: what a piece of trash. Gobot-like, yet Gobots were LOVABLE! Jazz is hard to love.

verdict: I wish I'd saved my money. Not worth it. I can't believe they've released THREE versions of this pitiful toy.

18. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Can someone explain the robot hate for this guy? I see the problems, but why?

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think the movie Jazz mold is all that bad, but the super-thick legs/thighs and gimpy arms qualify it as 'below average' for movie toys, at least IMO.

20. Ironhide546

News Credits:
    I love his legs. They aren't that fat for his body. its the chest that could use some tapering on the sides, and he just needs to be a little taller. Otherwise, hes dead accurat efor a $10 toy. The arms suck from a construction standpoint, but they are still accurate and the v2 joints make them waaay more manageable than before.