TFSS 3.0 Nacelle arriving

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by SeiberBirdR, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are there any that AREN'T messed up?

I don't blame the club for this... but if Starscream is the same way and they ship him out KNOWING he's defective... that'd be uncool.

I need to see if I can fix my Nacelle...

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Exactly. Though it is a bit lazy if they actually didn't see these two mistakes on Nacelle (I really don't know that I believe they missed it and didn't just say screw it and pass it on to us), now that they should know, it is on them for shipping out a second defective product. They shouldn't be operating on small enough margins where something like this would destroy their whole business model....

But this is the club folks we are talking about, so who knows.

Hasbro does have a CS chat on their website for anyone who wants to bring this to their attention on the off chance that it will help us at least not get a jacked up Starscream.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting Starscream has already been produced and just waiting to be shipped. So if the error is on him too, there is nothing that can be done.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Ahh its the upper wings on starscream, I thought people were complaining about the rear wings having the same issue as nacelle!

I still dont see the club fixing this, im sure they have them all inhand and were shipped with the botcon sets this year.

5. barrelks

News Credits:
    ^I am sure they have them all in hand as well. But with the backing of one of the largest toy producers in the world, who they are a licensee (or something to that affect) of, it is not impossible to run a new batch. Sure it would cause a delay, but it is pretty poor to ship customers a product that you know is defective (even if most of us well shrug it off as "well, this or nothing, I'll take this").

6. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right. That was my point, too. It's one thing to have a defective product. Shit happens. It's another to KNOWINGLY ship out a product that is defective. At least give people a choice as to whether they still want it and refund those that don't. A lot of people, like myself, would still take something over nothing. It's not cost efficient by any means to make another run.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can almost guarantee they won't run a new batch as replacements. Look at the issues that happen on mass market toys, like Skids. The initial run gets completed, they realize there's an issue, but they still sell those toys, then do a second run. The only way they would do a new run is if they could still sell the initial run, but that's already sold, so there's no incentive, from a business end, to do a second run. Yes, that sucks, and it's crappy, but I don't see them doing anything else.

What would be nice is at least an acknowledgement from FP stating they missed the issue on the in hand figures they received, or photos showing that the in hand they received were correct, because it's entirely possible that they received them with no errors.

If nothing else, it'd also be nice if there was a tiny discount on TFSS 4 if you also bought 3. Even something as simple as $10 off would be nice. Or better yet, everyone who bought TFSS 3 gets $10-15 in store credit to buy something else from the club store. I'd use that.

8. barrelks

News Credits:
    ^to some extent I agree, however this is a pretty small run compared to a retail item at a much higher price. Unlike a retail product that gets distributed and scattered across Target, TRU, KMart, BBTS, Walmart, etc, etc, in the case of Starscream, this is a product that is still sitting in the hands of the middleman in one big lump. Much easier to track them down when they are all sitting in a warehouse, or Brian/Pete's basement.

Acknowledgement would be a first step from the club, but we all know their pace and song and dance.

9. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm thinking of getting this guy, the coneheads, and the three screamer repaints, and Acid Storm.

10. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Figures. My Nacelle actually arrived 6 days ago, but my apartment complex didn't notify me. :rolleyes2 

I'd mention that the wings and hinges are misassembled on mine as well, but it's not as if that would surprise anyone at this point. :horse: 

11. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So what's the defect that everyone is speaking of?

12. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Don't forget all of the glorious CHMS repaints like the purple clones and Sunstorm! And the Botcon stuff like AM Thundercracker and the Rainmakers! Oh, and the TFCC G2 Ramjet!

13. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I tried to fix the wings and fins with no luck. I'm too afraid to break it..

14. durroth

durroth Maximal

THe club still hasn't got back to me about my missing chest fan. Just start sending everyone who's complaining about the misassembly a form letter, I actually have a solvable issue damnit T.T

15. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So my Nacelle turned up today. Both wings rattling in the box.

Have the equipment ready to do the wing joint fix, but I'm not sure about the tailfin one now. It's not as annoying in person as it looks in the pictures.

For those that have done the wing fix, do the pins come out easily and go back in easily without causing any stress to the plastic?

16. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

You don't even need to mess with the pin at all. Once you remove the screws and separate the two halves (carefully) the pin will stay in one half and the foot. I have pics earlier in the thread.

17. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you for replying, but I'm meaning the VTOL wing joint.

18. durroth

durroth Maximal

they come out relatively easily. You might have to tap them back in a bit to get them tight as they were, but doesn't seem to cause any stress marks.

19. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, I guess I got confused when you mentioned the tailfin in the previous sentence and thought you were still talking about that wing.

Yep, this ^

20. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    For the main wing fix... instead of missing with the pins, anybody just try shaving down the 'squared' edge of that connector piece to let the wing fold as it should?