TFSS 3.0 Nacelle arriving

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by SeiberBirdR, Jul 1, 2015.

1. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    It doesn't. The bonus figure is a Legends mold. I'm on my phone but the sample pic of G2 Starscream seemed alright. So there's that as a positive.

2. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2014 Cannonball (reversed thighs)

I'm already annoyed as this is the figure I was most looking forward to. I realize FunPub is likely as shocked as we are (or soon will be), but this is just plain unacceptable. Somehow I doubt we'll see many YouTube videos showing an easy fix for this. Botcon could probably use a figure teardown class at some point highlighting how to fix such potential problems. I am so disappointed, and being a bit OCD about stuff like this doesn't help matters. FunPub needs to knock some sense into somebody.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dont think the large wings would be an easy fix.

i was just looking at the in hand photos and it looks like he's got the same wing problem.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1038349-tcc-g2-starscream-hand.html

If you don't transform them often it should be okay. And I was just informed the mistake will actually keep the wings from loosely falling backwards, so that's good.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  4. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    X-acto knife, wing hinges fixed.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aha! I knew I was missing one. The most annoying one, at that. It makes him stand funny.

6. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I was able to pop the pin for the wing hinge out from the other side and switch around the hinges.

[​IMG]

I was also able to take apart the legs without messing with the pin. Besides a really tight peg that broke when I took it apart I didn't find any glue.

[​IMG]

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Thats really too bad. $100+ in figures that are a bit jacked up. Maybe after seeing this (or being contacted) the club can fix the issue on Starscream before they say "screw-it" and ship it out to all of us. I am sure it isn't their fault, just spin that wheel of blame one more time.

Just sucks that there are two things the club is good at, 1. Making cool figures/repaint (IMO), and 2. Coming up with excuses for why nothing is ever their fault. Too bad #1 still (slightly) outweighs #2.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    How did you manage to pop the wing pin out like that?

Thanks!

Randy

9. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's sad to even have to read a statement like this, but I get what you're saying. They might as well reclassify the figures as deluxe Action Masters from that standpoint. :rolleyes2 

10. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Admittedly, this makes the situation a bit more hopeful. If only this can be done without having to snap that pin when working on the legs, it'd be great. For the wing hinges, at least, Starscream should be just as fixable.

11. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gang, I just found a Nacelle review on YouTube that more clearly demonstrates and discusses the reversed hinge problem for anyone who wants a better look. You can jump to 4:50 to skip to that portion. He also feels that at least one transformation with the hinge in that condition may have loosened one of his wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlWqE8Oy7Wk

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine just now and it has the same problems. How do you get the wing pins out without disassembling the whole figure? I'm tempted to just say to hell with it and just put him in my seeker display...

13. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The wing looseness is due to the post cracking off the wing.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    doubtful. I'm pretty sure they all ship from overseas together, so the Starscreams are probably sitting in a warehouse in Dallas just waiting until shipping day.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^I am sure they did all ship at once to the club, but they haven't yet shipped out to the customers which is where (which sure there would be a delay) if Hasbro/Club wanted to run a new correct batch, they still could.

16. AutobotSDG

If you open the chest and flip the arms out of the way, you can see the opposite side of the pin. With a long and thin enough pin or nail, you can tap the pin out just enough to grab it and pull it. Repeat on the other side and replace correctly.

I wish I had taken pics as I was doing it but it was one of those times where you just get to doing it and not think about taking pics until it's done.

Yeah snapping the peg was unfortunate, but as you can see it didn't do it on both legs so it's possible that I just got one that was really tight and didn't come out properly when I opened it up. Admittedly, it did take a little force on that one which could be why. Either way, the screws hold it together just fine so the pin is really irrelevant.

You don't have to disassemble the whole figure, just open the chest to it's widest point and flip the arms out of the way . You can then see the other side of the pin that you can tap out if you're careful.

17. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I have had zero luck implementing any of the fixes. My punch is too large and my go to jewelers set of drivers is too flimsy to do the job. That and the leg halves for mine are crazy stuck. I'm afraid to apply any more force for fear of breakage. So Nacelles spends another day in pieces. :/

18. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got my nacelle and the wing wasnt attached as soon as i opened the box... awesome. also the other wing fell of easily. both legs come apart when i was extending the legs... what the F really?

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine also has really loose wings, one side falls out just through normal transformation. I think I'll not bother with trying that fix, I'll just pop the wings off whenever I transform him and then put them back on.

As for the tailwings... yeah, those're bothering me. I might have to try the fix on that one.

20. AutobotSDG

Just throwing this out there... I'd be happy to help fix anybody's Nacelle if they want me to, just pay for shipping to and from.