TFSource Prices!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mweeuser, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I wouldn't touch them with Bea Arthur's dick.

• Like Like x 7
  2. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    After dealing with TFSource and TFDirect, Show Z is my go to.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

... but but but they have a great rewards program!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    They don't need a new shipper because that remark about how they charge more because they have increased costs which they pass onto the consumer is one of the most debunked myths on the planet. People who say shit like that are the same types of people who pretend that they have to stop shoplifters to prevent their goods from costing more.

TF Source charges more because they're an American site with more ad space, name recognition and inventory capabilities than most other retailers. It is half-disappointing, half-pitiable that people still try to act like supply/demand - in a world with more FTAA/NAFTA/USMCA/tariffs/licensing legislation than ever before - is anything other than classroom theory for people who don't want to read the news.

I just saw them pretend that they were offering ZA-07 Bruticon at a 'discount' of $499 (which is about $100 more than it went for everywhere else) by just crossing out the number '$529.99' and claimed they were giving a 6% discount... I check their site almost daily. They've never charged $529.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I stay away from them since they got hacked multiple times. After a bunch of people got burned because of their shitty online security, I lost all faith in them.

• Like Like x 4
  6. buffett

buffett Well-Known Member

I haven't used TFSource much, and when I did in the past, it was during a clearance sale event. Once I discovered ToyDojo, I've used them as my main retailer.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I use TFSource for my preorders as they aren't marking those prices up higher than what other US retailers or selling. I like that you can place a preorder without putting any money down and cancel it anytime before it comes in stock. They don't get new releases right away but I kind of like this as I can check out the reviews of a new release and decide if I want to cancel my preorder before they get it in stock.

I also don't get charged tax on my orders from TFSource for some reason while I do get taxed if ordering through BBTS, TCP or ToyDojo.

I've bought a lot of stuff from them, never had any issues. I have seen the really high pricing on them reselling figures but as it's been mentioned in prior posts they buy peoples collections and decide how much they want to mark them up. I'd be curious to know how much they are paying collectors that are selling. If they are lowballing collectors and then marking up like crazy for the resell then that's kind of messed up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

hmn. Amazon is awesome and 100% of the stuff I buy there is usually cheaper than everywhere else. Yeah, I don't buy TF's form there except some chugs.

But yeah, I have never purchased anything from this crooks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrSteel08

MrSteel08 Well-Known Member

I find TFSource ridiculous in price and in customer service. They will ship things insecurely and arrive damaged. When you go to make a claim, they reference their stupid ass '5% of our products are expected to be in poor condition policy'. Yeah I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to get damaged products.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Price notwithstanding, I will say that my experience with their customer service has been top notch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really noticed TFSource's price hikes when the item goes on "sale". So in other words no savings.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

They are my last resort after BBTS, ShowZ, and ChosenPrime. I wish to fully transition to just buying from ShowZ but shipping times and vague tracking makes me hesitate for big ticket items even though they've never disappointed me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nelix510

nelix510 Well-Known Member

The last 4-5 black fridays had good deals, i always had a chance to buy unwanted toys.
    It was the only time i made big purchases and look forward to it.

2020 blk friday @ tfsource sucked.

showzstore and bbts is my preference for now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Going on 3 weeks to get a simple issue resolved with their customer service. Never again.

15. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    aliens.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

So what your saying is that they don’t have increased costs and they should just charge something you’re willing to pay or charge what a China company charges just so it’s fair othewise it’s too expensive? So they don’t make a profit and that they don’t pass on the added fee to the consumer. Everyday food and other business hell gas is the biggest ripoff off cell phones is another passing the buck let alone to the consumer with supply and demand. I’m just saying there probably is a justification for some, I said some things they sell. Why not go after chosen prime too! They have ridiculously prices to, but if your comparing them to say showz then they are expensive. There are plenty of other places besides tfsource that are expensive, this thread shouldn’t have even been started because of a rant of prices

17. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I have had a few damaged pieces (QC issues). They sent me replacements within a day or so, with no charge for postage.

I did get a broken MP-11; they didn't have a replacement fin in stock. They had me send the whole toy back (on their dime) and sent me out a new one.

18. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    So your sentence somehow still manages to miss the point that if they were making a profit without being disingenuous, some people - me, especially - would be more understanding of it.

You can deflect, exaggerate and employ whataboutisms all you want: if they didn’t bullshit people by trying to blur the lines between covering overhead and increasing their margins, it wouldn’t bother me, personally.

I get that you want to cape for a store for some fucking reason, but your point is entirely moot.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2021
  19. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

I’ll buy from BBTS anyday over tfscalpers.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Lol TFSource.

Lol BBTS.