TF's you'll never replace...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Have you ever thought back to a TF that you absolutely loved as a child, and realized that you couldn't bring yourself to buy it again?

I keep looking on ebay at the Decepticon clones, and some of the Pretenders, thinking: "Man, I wish I still had that!" But then I look at the price and say, "Meh."

Anyone with me here?

2. maharg83

maharg83 new and improved reissue

Highbrow is one of them there are a few others but i can remember who off the top of my head

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    No...but I have Transformers now, that if I were to lose I'm not sure I would be able to go through the trouble to acquire again.

Noisemaze Production Type?
    minty-white Star Saber/Victory Leo?
    Mini-cons (countless)?

I have a small stroke at the thought of hunting these kinds of things down again.

4. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

G1 Hound!! im trying to find a decent priced Takara version. Complete MIB would be decent. MISB would be crack price

5. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    umm...complete set of G1 seekers and coneheads.

Although reissues would be fine, Im just poor lol

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I'd never say "never", for me any Headmasters/Targetmasters/Powermasters. I just know looking for heads/guns/engines (on top of the other missing parts) would cost a small fortune.

I'll stick with what I have left of 'em. Maybe one day...;) 

7. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    No. That's weird.

8. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    of the ones I had as a child that I no longer have...hmm...

Twin Twist, Runabout, Runamuck, Powerglide, Warpath, any of the Pretenders, any of the Head/Target/Powermasters, Micromasters, Duocons, or Action Masters I had holds no interest for me at this age. Since I'm up to my neck in G1 Reissues that I bought compulsively, as well as ones I really wanted, adding ones with dubious value seems quite foolish to me. Add Broadside and Blitzwing to that list, too...and the Scramble City-esque combiners.

I've thought about throwing down on Cyclonus, Blurr, Astrotrain, Sixshot, Jetfire, Scorponok, Sky Lynx, and Metroplex, but haven't pulled the trigger. Money isn't a consideration for most of them as I've found decent deals for all of them at some point. I just have no need to add more clutter, although with these figures do still tempt me.

Quickswitch reminds me of a particularly traumatic day in the Spring of 1987, so no go there, unless I was to buy one, complete or not, smash it with an axe, take the pieces, burn them, get high off of the fumes and scatter the ashes to the four corners of the earth.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    RID Optimus Prime and Sideswipe, and my Knock-Off Devastator.

10. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

well...techncminally im still a child, but I do have 1 that I wouldt pay for, G1 Megatron, I found him at a random walmart in the floor in a japaneese package, he had no price so they gave him to me for $14, a few days later, I was cleaning my room, my dad told me to put all my TFs in a bag and put them in my closet, I did, my dad steped on the bag and forgot all about them. a few days later I opened the bag again and all my TFs in the bag where broken! and my G1 megatron was broken in half. I loved him, and in America nowadays, they dont sell G1 megatron because of the gun, and I found him at WALMART! of all places, then he brakes! yah, I want one so bad, but I cant see myself paying that much money on somthing that Ive had before.

11. Ladies Man 217

Ladies Man 217 Ladies Man 217

What's the point of being an adult if you can't have everything that you had as a child, and more. I'm just a large child with a job.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I still have all the TF I had when I was a kid so thankfully I don't have this problem to deal with.
    That said, I have replaced a few that were broken way back but I've still kept the old ones.

13. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^this^

Although I would like to have a G1 Sunstreker again, I just haven't found one who's in good shape at a good price...