TFs You Regret Buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockscream, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hrm. This decade has seen a wide variation in quality, even in the same line! I've recently ditched my entire Unicron Trilogy toys, Live Action Movie figures, most of the Classics and the only Titianium figure I had.

My prime offendors are:

Titanium Soundwave - horribly loose floppy limbs, rubbery plastics and looks like he's shat himself.

Cybertron has to be one of the worst lines for me. Scourge, Crumplezone and Dirtboss all looked waxy and felt quite cheap. I had a spring loaded car (whose name I've forgotten) that would flip to semi-transformed robot with the slightest touch.

Pretty much all the Energon Autobots were rubbish, toy like blocks of horror. More posability than Armada, but just way too blocky.

The Live Action Movie toys, along with Classics, have been something of a disappointment. Quite apart from Hasbro using photoshop to make the figures look better than they actually are, the complex movie desgins didn't translate well. The use of the auto-transform gimmick wasn't a favourite of mine either.

again, the toys looked incredibly cheap and slightly waxy once out of their boxes - perhaps something to do with the plastics used in toy production?

Classics. Mainly for fooling me into buying another round of characters I already own, albeit in updated and more posable forms. Starscream's initial toy is just dull, and he looks like a KO (the 25th Ann. version is better). Some of the paint apps were a little sloppy too. Grimlock's black wash hadn't taken, and just congealed in the corners of some parts on my version. The head making the legs/feet was a bad move. I have found that this mold works much better for Overkill though.

Have to say though, that the mainstram ranges this decade haven't been designed with an older age group in mind (unlike Beast Wars), so some of my dissatisfaction does stem from this.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the first movie line due to basically everything I had being updated.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I only bought 10 of the TF1 Movie toys (the on-screen characters), but I regret all of them with the exception of Deluxe CC Bumblebee.

Sorta regret buying most of the Titaniums as well, simply because the line got cancelled before it made much headway.

And while I don't necessarily regret it, I'm sure not happy with Universe figures such as Powerglide, Tankor, Inferno or Galvatron. They're just awful, awful molds. I only bought them for the sake of "modernized-G1" completion.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Luckily I don`t have any I regret. Few dissapointments, but would still rather have them than not.

5. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

The Majority of the Unicron Trilogy were abnormaly awful to me...

The only saving graces were Energon's Strongarm, The Terrorcons & Downshift (a dead ringer for Classics/Universe Wheeljack), Armada's Demolisher, Optimus Prime with Overrun & the Air Attack & Rescue Minicons + Unicron, & Cybertron's (Galaxy Force Voyager version of) Starscream, Primus & Deluxe Unicron....

The terrible Movieverse toys were Barricade, 74 BB, Voyager Megatron & Brawl....

Thank goodness I sold most of them all. Phew!

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the more recent plastics are a big let down, compared to g1 plastics the movie toys for eg look soft and have a rather transluscent look. i like the animated plastics which 'feel' more matt and more opaque.

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I regret not waiting for the Premium movie Leaders and was beginning to regret movie Leader Megatron when his leg jammed but I fixed it.

8. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Universe Smokescreen. Not That I don't like him, but I passed on Cosmos, Warpath, and Wheelie to get him(Budget was limited that day). Now I see Smokscreen all over the place without any of the other three to be found. Anywhere.

9. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Universe 2.0

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Im not a huge fan of landmine either. Not to the extent that I regret buying him, but I feel he's certainly very overrated.

11. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

Universe Mirage, only because I have no other classics figures and i was in a weird mood when I ordered him.

I also regret asking for Leader Bulkhead for christmas, when I recently bought the voyager and he is much better IMO.

12. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    A lot of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force Scout class toys. I got them on sale for like $4 each at TRU a couple years back, but I still hate most of them.

13. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Hmmm.... TF's I regret getting...

Movie Leader Megatron, although "I" didn't pay for him, he still hides behind some stuff on the top of the shelf and you can barely see him.

Classics Grimlock... Especially since I now have MP Grimlock (different line, I know) but classics is just such a disappointment compared to what is the awesomeness of MP Grimmy. Currently hiding in Dino mode behind the Lambo twins.

And, probably the most regretted TF purchase ever... Cybertron Demolisher... I think that's his name... Even getting him on clearance for like $1.75 or something like that, I feel very let down. Couldn't even tell you where he is right now.

14. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Powerglide, Tankor and Galvy, but Inferno? Really? I think he is the best Voyager in Universe.

15. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Universe Hot-Shot and most of the movie line.

16. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    The classic line. The Henkei, however, sure.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was probably being a little harsh by including Inferno with those other ones, but I am letdown by the mold quite a bit. It's suprisingly simple & square compared to the other new molds, and I really don't think the canon looks good. I would have vastly preferred a traditional ladder instead.

18. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    animated jazz. it was at a collectors store for $15. he's an awesome character but a kinda dull toy.

i might not regret it, but animated swindle was a little disappointing.

19. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

honestly, none. Every one of my TFs is important to me.

20. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    MP Megatron is the biggest piece of shit i ever bought.