TFs You Regret Buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockscream, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

None really. I only collect toys of characters from the shows, so that's all I want. I have very few non-show characters, but the ones I do have were either gifts or ones that I actually did want.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I pretty much regret all of the 2007 TF Movie toys I bought that are now in a storage box in a closet.

Ughh...:thumbdown 

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of the movie toys especially the repaints.

4. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone mentioned BM supreme cheetor? That one gonna be high up on the list...

5. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Ultimate Bumblebee. He may talk and raise his arms, but ultimately, he's just too much of a disappointment compared to Deluxe bumblebee.

6. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

Universe Hotshot.

7. angelus2402004

angelus2402004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe Galvatron
    Movie Ironhide, Arcee, Payload

8. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Have a Blackout? :inquisiti 

9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There have been very few TFs I regret buying. I try to only buy stuff I like but there have been a few misfires

Universe Cheetor
    Spyshot 6
    Energon Mirage - Don't know why, but this is the only Energon Decepticon I don't like
    Armada Hot Shot - One of the worst toys I've had the displeasure of owning
    G1 Catilla and Chainclaw- I generally like Pretenders but not these two :( 
    Energon Jetfire, Hot Shot, Inferno, Iron Hide, etc. - Energon Autobots were horrible toys hampered by the combining gimmick
    Wonderfest Dai-Atlas - Not very poseable, so a waste of $40

Wow, now that I think about it there have been quite a few over the past 8 years :( 

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    most tf''s that i eventually dont care for or actively dislike simply get sold on so i dont regret them as such (those toys tend to be various energon/movie/cybertron)

The only 'tf' i do honestly regret buying was that KO swoop, i paid the original prices and then i felt cheated even if its not especially terrible, but its the only time i got sucked into buying something that was honestly overpriced. hes now probably impossible to sell above about 40% what i paid.

id use the word regret only if i couldnt sell a given toy on later for atleast 50% of its retail price (assuming a toy isnt popular I dont mind payng a bit for prior ownership as such) its a bonus if you can sell it for retail or more.

11. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Grimlock. ugh.

12. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    The only one I regret buying is Universe Silverstreak. I like him, and he is a good toy, but a little dull. Theres not a whole much paint on him that makes him stand out either. However, using him in my funnies has improved him for me.

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    classic grimlock is one of the few toys that i actually despised after buying, sometimes you only like a toy once you get it some its the opposite.

14. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Movie Leader Megs (non-premium). Also, TFA 2pack Prime and Megs. Its not a total loss, coz i only wanted the axe anyway, but those 2 figs aren't my cup of tea. Horrible floppy messes of fail.

15. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara Reissue Starscream.
    I know people love the G1 seeker mold, but I think it's horrible.

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hybrid Convy. It's a neat figure, but I found it to be on the fragile and finicky side. It's one of those rare cases of having too many features crammed into a figure too small to host them. I don't regret buying it so much as it doesn't do anything for me. Currently in-box, shelfwarming.

Music Label Soundwave. I had only recently become aware of this figure, or rather, cared enough to investigate. It looked neat, and I found one on Ebay for a decent price. I like the look and transformation of the figure itself, but it reeks of shoddy engineering. Between the floppy head, cheap-feeling plastic and absolutely shitty MP3 player, he's back in his box on the shelf.

Classics Deluxe Prime vs. Megatron. The Prime mold was tolerable, but ultimately used for parts. The Megatron mold was super floppy, and is currently sitting in a junk box waiting to be scavenged. I got the set on ebay for $12 shipped, so it's hard for me to complain too much.

Animated Prime vs. Megatron. I'll be honest, I really just wanted the axe. Those clever bastards as Hasbro did a good job splitting up the good Prime and the good weapon. Anyway, the Prime in this set felt considerably cheaper than the other two. And like the deluxe Megatron, this one was floppy with a very uninspired transformation. Both are currently in the junk box.

Maybe DVD Masterpiece Prime. Technically, I regret buying this figure, but if I hadn't gotten it, I never would have gotten back into transformers (first toy I had bought in 9 years). I suppose it's a lot easier to dismiss this guy after now having MP-01, Hasbro's first MP Prime and MP-04.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Movie Starscream. Ugh. Just ugh. I blame my fellow board members. "Oh, he's so cool! He's the best jet Transformer ever! He's so much fun!" All right, maybe I was wrong after seeng pics. No, I was right. The figure is terrible.

I also must've been possessed by a demon, because I had also bought FAB Starscream (Same time), which I loathed almost as much as well.

That was the first time I had ever thought of returning a figure because I hated it so.

I'll also admit I've gotten really used to the Animated designs, so when I got Leo Prime not that long ago, it just felt "wrong". The details, the lines, it just felt wrong (I never got Leobreaker, and it was my first non-animated toy in months). I don't regret it, but it just didn't do much for me. He went almost immediately with Cybertron Prime and is now in storage.

I suppose I also slightly regret getting Dinobot, as I've got the Henkei on the way.

Botcon Shokaract and Universe Depthcharge (Again, never had the originals) both didn't do anything for me, but I don't exactly regret getting them, they just didn't please me for owning them.

18. GALAXY WARRIOR

GALAXY WARRIOR KO-CONVOY

i love that others have disgust for the movie toys. i thought it was i alone who could see the crap that they are.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Id say some from the Unicron Trilogy and some BM stuff. Notables include:

Armada Sideswipe, Cybertron Backstop, BM Beast Riders, etc.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    At first I thought I'd have lots, but really I don't regret buying any of them. Even the horrible figures are an experience that feeds my interest in Transformers toy engineering.
    I suppose if really pushed to find one I'd say I regret buying my Hasbro 25th Optimus, but only because I found a Masterpiece one a few months later for the same price in the same import shop. If I'd known I was going to luck out like that I'd have passed on the 25th one.