TF's You Display But Have Never Transformed.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dark gundam, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    When I'm running out of room in my alt mode seeker display I stand the jets up on their thrusters.

2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If my Masterpiece figure gets shipped in robot mode in the package, it usually stays that way.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    14 just on my desk and nearby shelf.

Outside of the MP's, alternators and HA- an awful lot have alt modes that are less than stellar so if they come in bot mode I often just never bother.

4. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Armada Unicron. Thing's a pain in the butt to transform. It's in storage right now, so I don't have to bother with it. Not sure how long I'll keep it when I get it out of storage.

For 3rd party, Eupatorium. I've never transformed it and regret getting the figure. I'd sell it if I could find the stand for vehicle mode.

5. LECHITY

LECHITY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am in the same boat. For my figures that are challenging to transform and are riddelled with QC issues; I take them out of the box and display only.
    IE: X-Transbots Apollyon

Just picked up a DACA Kronos and will be doing the same for him.

6. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two that jump to mind, Masterpiece Megatron and DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime.

7. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

These are mine:

Apollyon
    MP Tracks
    MP Sideswipe
    MP Smokescreen
    MP Grimlock
    MP Soundwave
    MP Magnus
    MP Thundercracker
    MP Prime
    MP Ironhide
    MP Wheeljack
    2010 Unicron

They are not MISB. Ive inspected them, then back to the box. The thing is, I dont have the time to fiddle with them like I should. But Im planning on getting some vacation days to do so.

8. Rushin Panther

Rushin Panther Secret Police

None. A transformer left untransformed ir worse, left in a box, is a transformer wasted. That would be akin to buying a new phone and not wanting to spoil it by adding apps or a contact list

9. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

For me, only Apollyon and Spotter. I display in robot mode and after reading some of the stories about those two I thought it be better to leave them alone. Don't care for either of their alt modes anyway really since I have the smaller versions of each that the other MPs can hold. Which to me is how their alt modes should be.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    The only TF toy I own that's never been transformed is the MISB 2006 "Classics" packaged Cybertron Soundwave I bought simply for the packaging, never opened because the alt. mode isn't worth seeing compared to the robot mode.

In comparison, I own several Gundam models with transformation gimmicks, but only transformed three of them because they didn't require managing giant useless pieces to achieve the alternate form.

Found an upload of Blitzwing's instructions that should help - the only thing changed on Doubledealer is the head so the transformation steps are identical.

I don't see the comparison - you buy a transformer toy to own that figure, whereas you buy a smartphone explicitly to use it.

Furthermore, as far as older toys go, transformation in this day and age can actually ruin them. G1 Mirage, a toy whose mold has been long lost, is infamous for his insanely fragile waist that can break and render the whole figure useless.

Any toy with GPS can not be transformed safely due to the high risk of literal disintegration.

Or for more recent examples; the MP Cassettes (specifially but not limited to the original first run) are shattering their joints to the point transforming them is a serious concern for their longevity.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The only one in my collection that I haven't transformed at least once is leader Ultra Magnus. No real reason why, I just haven't gotten around to him yet.....

12. wtrz

wtrz neat

News Credits:
    I only transformed my custom class Galva Convoy from last year's BotCon, since yknow I painted everything and it's the very definition of mediocre. I've only transformed him once, that time being when I was moving across the country, and I put him into Lio Convoy's shipping box and foam. I don't want any paint scratching off, ever... It'll be a lost cause at one point or another but I'm being really damn careful about Galva on my shelf :lol 

13. Rushin Panther

Rushin Panther Secret Police

I dunno if its our hearty Canadian weather or what the deal is but pretty much everything I have has stood up insanely well. There were a few childhood tragedies that happened with the G1 stuff but otherwise everything else has been really sturdy. My Masterpiece Rodimus has survived multiple transformations and I've seen no problems with my MP Cassettes.
    To be fair, the only figure I have that has classicly been a sufferer of GPS is BW Silverbolt but he has been good so far.

14. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

Nothing that's never been transformed at all - I like to make sure that the figure isn't broken at the very least. However, the fun of the transformation does dictate how often things are transformed - and also how accessible they are in the display - there are quite a few that are amazingly fun, and others that are so very tedious!

15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    There is actually a lot. Most bots that came packaged in bot mode. Some day I have to take some time and transform some of them. It feels weird. But it's quite some bots now...

16. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Nope. I make it a habit to transform every one I get at least once as soon as I get them, then leave 'em on the shelf until I find use for them again (except my favorite figure of Bumblebee, who always remains on my desk where I can pick him up and play with him). Mostly in robot mode, but if I have another version of the character (like Movie Bumblebee and Classics Starscream) or they look better in vehicle/beast mode (Classics Grimlock, AOE Dinobots, Armada Megatron), I'll put 'em on vehicle mode.

17. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Gokin alphatrion lol.

I challenge you all to pick up one of your tfs you have never transformed each week and approach it like a puzzle not as a toy

18. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I have transformed all my figures several times. Obviously some more than others, but I only collect figures I like to get out and mess with. I personally couldn't stand buying a TF and then never transforming it!

19. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    Never bothered to transform CW Leader Starscream because I already knew what he'd look like - I had CW Leader Thundercracker. Does that count, though? I mean, they are essentially the same toy, except SS has (literally) a new hat.

I think, as a rule, I've transformed everything at least once. I mean, you kinda have to in order to make sure you have a fully functional figure with no missing paint apps, etc.

20. Technoid

Technoid Well-Known Member

KFC Transistor v1 & xtb Apollyon, both of them smelled paint, (but HiFi took the fresh paint smell price, and this was coming out of the box after 6 months) and I would have refrained from it even if I hadn't heard about chipped pant on transistor.
    I'll probably do it in a few years time if I haven't sold it before.

xtb Apollyon, whenever I get the inclination I think of the 2 times I transformed MP-05 and the urge vanish like a fart in the wind.