1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

TFs rank #20 on WalletPop's "Most Memorable 'It' Products of All Time"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Top 25 "It" products of all time: #20 -- The Transformers - WalletPop Blog

According to their ranking, Transformers bests The Pet Rock, Matchbox Cars, The Magic 8 Ball, The Slinky, and CB Radio.

Items of note on the list that ranked higher:

18. My Little Pony
    8. Cabbage Patch Dolls
    4. Tickle Me Elmo
    2. Beanie Babies

And iPod is #1, for anyone who cares.

What I find fascinating is how Transformers has outlasted more than 70% of the other stuff that made the list. I never would have dreamed that the franchise for my childhood favorite toys would still be around after 25 years.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As cheesy as 80's shows were, they created concepts full of potential, it's not surprise TF is such a success!

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

TFs at #20?!

TFs is always #1 on my list. My Little Ponies? Beanie Babies? HA! I may have collected those things, but My Little Ponies were just some toys that I played with all my gal pals when I was in elementary school, and Beanie Babies... well, I only collected them because they were popular at the time they came out!

Uh... by Beanie Babies, I'm assuming they're the Ty ones, right?