TFs Prime first 5 episodes on DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ioz, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yay, can't wait for this to come out!

2. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

Looks good, but either way I'll be waiting until a full season set is released. Just one of my quirks~

3. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would be a waste for this to only be on DVD. Like others are saying, it's the whole season on Blu-Ray or nothing at all.

4. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5 episodes? Come on.

I'm not a huge Blu-Ray advocate for cartoons, but when it's in 3d, it looks gorgeous. Take Clone Wars for example.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skipping until bluray. Been buying each hd episode on iTunes as they are released, so I am not downgrading to DVD. And I don't mind waiting.

6. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll definately come out on Blu Ray eventually. I might pick it up if it goes on sale for like $10, but who knows.

7. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

Damn I hate Shout, since they don't add subtitle SDH I'm deaf man, I hope blu ray for transformers prime season

8. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Disgraceful! A show made for HD being released in SD? Oh the humanity! Give me Blu-ray or give me death!

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's sad if true - although, a DVD / Blu Ray could hold 6-7 episodes per disk, we could get it in 13 episode half season sets and still meet that retailer desire.

I can understand why retailers want 1 or 2 disc sets - less shelf space, and more price gouging, why charge people once for a season when they can charge you twice?

Still, not really fair on anyone who wants to buy a whole series, especially if we end up with another fiasco like Gargoyles Season 2.

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand the "charging you twice" thing, but the issue of size makes no sense to me. I've got DVD box sets of several shows (Buffy is the first to come to mind) that have 6 disks in a case no bigger than a standard movie case.

11. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. The shelf space argument is bogus. The real argument is the ability to have something on the shelf at a low price point and to maximize money from customers.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Sigh. I WANT A SEASON ONE BOX SET! DVD or Blu-ray doesn't matter (though I'm tempted to do my first Blu-ray buy) BUT I WANT THE WHOLE SLAGGIN' SEASON, TYVM! I HATE it when they drag stuff out forever like this! Season 3 of TFA is STILL not out. I DON'T want to see that happen with this wonderful show too! I'm SICK of animated shows not being treated with the same respect as live action when it comes to DVD releases. It's possible the rest of season one will follow after the 5 part opener. And I hope that is the case but crap like this makes it hard to plan a DVD budget. And as for possible double dipping - "homie don't play that" at least not anymore. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..." I'm sick of the "George Lucas treatment" when it comes to DVDs from any studio and simply refuse to participate in crap like than anymore. But I I don't think TFP will come to that. I'm guessing multiple volumes with 4-5 eps each until the season is complete. In which case I can deal and will buy them, but you'd think it wouldn't kill them to let us know if that is their strategy or not and when/if vol. 2 is coming too.

And I know that this rant won't change anything in the grand scheme of things, but it makes me feel better to call out one of my personal DVD pet peeves. This is all just mho. Feel free to ignore.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Active Member

Well, it's a bit early for an S1 set to be discussed since S1 doesn't even wrap up til late october.

However...

No Blu-ray? No purchase. Only DVDs I will 'ever' buy is stuff not already available in a better format (Which does include much of shout's transformers collections, admittedly). Why purchase a downgrade over what I watched?

Does Shout ever do HD releases?

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Master's and Students I think.

@News: Meh, I'll just wait for the one that collects the entire season.

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Does Shout! Factory even do Blu-Rays?

I hope this show gets one. I don't want HD rips to be the source I consult over an official release.

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

As many Australian fans are probably doing, my first thought is 'I hope Madman gets on this!' ...and maybe by new years if we're lucky. They released Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory in a boxed set awhile before Shout! Factory did, so they are accomodating to the TF fans. However they did the same with a box of the three Robotech seasons as an example (which I have too) and I think they're happy to stick to the boxed set formula; I'm not sure even the whole first season of TF: Prime would fit that format.

To those reading that ony one episode comes with the entertainment pack and wanting less piecemeal releases, or a boxed set, I empathise. The Australian dvd releases for Animated (in retail atleast) seemed to be just a handful of episodes per single disc release. For those like I was at the time, who do/choose not to have/use internet shopping/ credit/debit cards, and if they were TFA fans, they could easily miss out whole chunks of season, and perhaps give up looking only to see an overstock of part of a later season way later.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I have only seen the first couple episodes so I am waiting until a full season one comes out to watch it entirely. I would ideally want a Blu-Ray season one or DVD but I am not for this 5 episodes here the rest somewhere else garbage.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    blu rays plz or gtfo

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I think you guys could just be patient and wait for a potential season 1 set.
    Worst case scenario is that it won't contain darkness riseing in the boxset. But I'm sure you'll be able to find it on Amazon anyway as its going to a mass retail dvd.

The price is a little absurd. Just trying to take on brick and mortar impulse consumers for the most profit. This price is going to drop. And shout knows the market just is'nt entirely supporting blu rays right now.
    but considering they have the masters. Its a possibility in the future.

We just don't know enough about how season 1 will be released overall at this point in time.

Blue rays would be superior. Its a great show to watch in HD, just to watch eyes pulsing and darting in the robots. Or examine the corrosion on characters like Megatron.

Excited that Shout factory is the company Hasbro is sticking with for their hub produced media on disc. They have done a fantastic job with dvd menus and special features with their Sunbow series transfers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  20. Ioz

Ioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. G.I. Joe: The Movie, some Roger Corman movies, and a few others have been released on Blu-Ray by Shout! Factory.