TFS-Express Scam Delivery Fees???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bruticus88, Nov 2, 2020.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    if you read up 2 others in the usa have got parcels from tfs-express via dhl and not got charged so it seems it's dhl fucking you over not tfs-express

• Like Like x 5
  2. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

What response did you get from TFS-Express and DHL, specifically?

You keep.throwing "scam" around like yolou got cheated out of something. I don't see where TFS-Express did anything to you.

Shipping is expensive and messed up in general at times right now due to the global pandemic. Why not work with TFS-Express and DHL around the situation or least give them a chanice to help you around the situation, before yelling "scam" because you have to pay a fee on a $200 order of toys from China...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also ordered from TFS-express for the first time and used DHL. No extra fees here. I haven't got extra fees from using DHL yet. **knock on wood**

4. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Because I paid for the goods and shipping/import duties/broker fees in advance. No other fees disclosed to me. Possible or otherwise. When I order something online, my order is a contract with the company I purchase from. No other company I've bought from overseas has tried charging me extra fess after the point of sale, or at least disclosing the possibility upfront.

I could care less about any pandemic and that issue is not pertinent to this discussion, so don't go there.

DHL said they'd have someone call me. And TFS-Express has an email contact form on their site. I'm not going to hold my breath with either one. Let them both eat it. I'll file a PayPal claim.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you saying you paid $200 upfront then, they're asking you to pa
    Are you saying you paid $200 upfront then, they're asking you to pay $200 extra?

6. Bruticus88

$315 up front ($200 for the bots + $115 shipping/fees)... and now after shipping another $85 extra.

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with the OP here. You can't ask for more afterwards, especially if you haven't disclosed it up front. It's like you bought an item on any website and suddenly someone contacts you for more money if you want the item delivered. That's extortion actually.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Well on the slightly positive note at least you saying you could care less about the pandemic actually means you're concerned about it...

• Like Like x 5
  9. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

The extra $85 duties/fees seems very weird. I thought toys are not subject to import duties. Like some others who have posted here, I have had many DHL packages that shipped to me from Japan this year, including a lot of orders from Amazon Japan and Mandarake, and never been asked to pay an import taxes and fees from DHL. I've also had a couple of DHL shipments from TFS-Express in the past (not this year though) without having to pay any import duties/fees. Seems like an issue to be figured out with DHL.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Do whatever you want. You seem intent on being mad and taking it out on someone, on screaming that you weRe scammed by a company, instead of contacting the people involved to find out what is going on and what can be done to resolve the situation. I would be upset as well, but you have to give people a chance to look into the situation and potentially fix it before screaming and throwing a fit about it.
    Regardless, good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bruticus88

Ummm... because I was scammed maybe? Lied to? Deceived? Call it whatever you like.

And you can keep trying to defend TFS-Express 24/7. DHL was very clear in the email they sent me. Pay $85.00 USD extra ($50 brokerage fee + $35 storage fee) or the item will be returned to the sender. That's not honest, not good customer service nor is that a reputable way to do business.

I guess I should just pay the extra $85 and hey... why not send TFS-Express an extra $100 as a thank you, for the pleasure of sticking it in my @$$? Sounds fair to you?
    :confused: :rolleyes:  o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  12. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Hoping for spontaneous disintegration

You spelled "England" wrong lol.
    This is par for the course for the UK, but should not be happening for a typical parcel coming into the US. Could be DHL is pulling shit, could be the store getting info leaked (like how Robot Kingdom got hacked and told customers they never got paid and they would have to fix it themselves if they wanted their shit) - or who knows what.

But, if you used PayPal or a reputable CC to make the payment, you could probably cancel the charge pretty quick by citing the undisclosed-before-purchase charges, and also the fact there are zero import fees for typical consumer purchases from overseas or Canada.

Now, if you made a giant, commerce-type purchase, may be playing by different rules. The store may have designated the package incorrectly.

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Don't worry. Brexit will solve EVERYTHING ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

DHL is alive and thriving due to r/repsneakers ;) 

15. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Yea, definitely not TFS-Express scamming you. It's 100% DHL charging you the extra, which TFS-Express had nothing to do with. I've been charged import fees many times before by DHL and UPS. Getting fired up at TFS-Express will do nothing for you, neither will arguing with members here who have experience in the matter. It sucks you got charged import fees but it is what it is. Pay the fees and move on, or don't pay them and have a collections company start to hassle you. Choice is yours.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    You guys do know that DHL isn't a subsidiary of TFS-Express, right? TFS-E isn't asking for more afterward, and I very much doubt they scammed, lied to, or deceived the OP. They get nothing out of that. They charged what DHL charged them for shipping and handling.

DHL, on the other hand, (or at least a bad actor at DHL) seems very suspect in this scenario. Seems super fishy that you're getting asked to pay these fees but other Americans who've had DHL orders from TFS-E haven't. Especially the whole "package storage fee." You don't want a package stored, you want it delivered. If DHL didn't charge TFS-E enough in the first place I don't see how they can reasonably expect you to pay more now.

17. Bruticus88

Ummm... yeah. You are way off base. I did not agree to pay any additional fees, brokerage fees, and or import duties. No extra fees were mentioned on the TFS-Express website either, at checkout, or in any emails to me. TFS-Express picked DHL as the carrier, not me. I paid the price of the merchandise and shipping/import fees when I checked out on their website. I am not liable nor willing to pay a nickel more. What if I receive another bill next from DHL, TFScamming-Express, or whoever for some additional import tax... I guess I should pay that too? Not.

I’ve bought from several Chinese sellers like RobotKingdom, Robotoybase, eBay sellers and others... and I have never had to pay such fees. I’m not about to start now. A deal is a deal and this is not the way to run an honest business.

And as far as a collections company... Lol... sounds like you are projecting. Keep your personal issues to yourself. The shipment will be returned to TFScamming-Express and I’ll get my money refunded after filing a PayPal claim.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

TFS-Express does not dictate the additional fees. DHL does. Keep arguing it doesn't make a difference to us. Even if you return the goods, DHL will still require you to pay outstanding fees that are in your name. The options you have are pay the fees, or have a collections company pester you for them. That's the options you have. Not sure what you think I'm "projecting" or why you assume that I'm the one with the issues. You're the one throwing a temper tantrum over additional fees that a shipping company (not the seller) are charging you. So go ahead keep arguing and acting like a child, I'm not the one with the shipping issue here lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bruticus88

Congrats as being the first person to make my ignore list. DHL said in their email to me, that I can either pay the fee or the item will be returned to the shipper. I am not liable for any fees as I never agreed to pay them and I am not the shipper who contracted DHL. Get it? You probably still don’t. Either way, I’ll not see any more responses from you. Good day.

20. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    So the short answer is actually that you can choose not to receive the order, it will be returned to TFS-E, you will not be charged by DHL, and you can use paypal to get refunded. Which you already knew according to your own statements.

Why did you even bother asking other forums members if they had encountered the same problem if your response to their experiences was only ever going to be like a child's tantrum? I've always found people here polite, helpful and honest (which the replies to you have been). Clearly people actually bothered to respond as they thought their experiences might at least add helpful context.

It really seems like you actually just want people to agree that your petulant anger about TFS-Express the "scammers" is valid whilst most of us agree that DHL is at fault.

• Like Like x 5