TF's 25th anniversary...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Shouldn't that count as a second news credit :D 

Kinda like one of those tornado warnings, "Lookout, ass ahoy!"

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could see reissues of some sort... I'd be surprised if the original Prime mold isn't dragged out again.

However, i'm not sure if would be quite the same as the 25th Anniversary of 3.75 inch Joes. G.I.Joe has had mixed success over the years, whereas Transformers have generally done pretty well. So there may not be the same 'need' to revisit the past.

Judging by the fact that Tomy now appear more willing to reissue larger toys they may have 25th anniversary plans which focus heavily on reissues.

Only time will prove it either way.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I hope TakaraTomy pwns Kiddi Toys (bootlegger) and releases a Metroplex reissue.

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I see all this talk about 25th optimus prime, or 25 optimus primes, or 100 optimus primes.

Optimus Prime was the leader of one of two factions of transformers, and one of 28 different figures in 1984. Sure he's the most recognizable, and the most famous, but I'm beginning to worry that he might've been about done to death. If they want to do 25 years justice, they need to commemorate more than just optimus prime. They need some serious reissues. I wouldn't be totally against a orange barreled megatron if that's what it takes to get it reissued. Wouldn't bug me a bit, I'd just get a vintage megs, and swap out the barrel. Soundwave with all cassettes (or as many as still exist moldwise), if done alongside other reissues, and not by himself as an exclusive, would sell better. Not to mention that if all reissues were not exclusive, but were mass release, AND ADVERTISED (I can't stress that enough, advertise the god forsaken things), then there shouldn't be any problem selling them. The Transformers is turning 25, and is hasbros most popular property at the moment, and one of the biggest hasbro properties in history, I don't think hasbro will drop the ball on such a major milestone as the big 25.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

25th Anniversary.... of Transformers?! God... has time really flew out the window or what? I can't even begin to think about a 50th anniversary for the Transformers....

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Hmm. A two-pack of Masterpiece Optimus and Megs with MTMTE DVD springs to mind, although more as a Botcon or club exclusive.

I would have hoped for something that was pure concentrated AWESOME, but with Animated, Classics 2.0, and the upcoming movie sequel all rolling at the moment, there might be too much going on for really super-in-depth advance planning for next year.

Maybe some homage pieces, worked into next year's fiction in order to be profitable? There could be a transforming G1 Ark and Nemesis, better-tooled/articulated versions or reissues of popular designs from previous years, that kind of thing.

More awesome would be popularizing services like being able to order replacement toy parts directly from Hasbro. They wouldn't even need the molds or to outsource the design replication - just have one of the more recent 3D ABS plastic part printers onsite, hooked up to a front-end shopping portal. Sure, the original part may have only cost three cents to make en masse in China, but there's a lot of fans out there who would be willing to pay five bucks to replace a twenty-year-broken swivel joint, GPS-rotted panel, or a missing accessory with genuine Hasbro-sourced plastic. It'd probably pay for itself in the first year - what are Zaraks and Fort Max accessories going for these days? G1 Perceptor microscope clips? Seeker and Prime fists? Entire toys in minty fresh condition for $100 or thereabouts?

(Man, if I could get the repro licenses, I know what *I'd* be setting up.)

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

We'll get a Masterpiece figure. Count on it.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had a horrible thought: what if its just takara's MP4?

:( 

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can sense big things from Universe, TF2 and Animated.

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey Hasbro how about a 5 packs of Autobots (Optimus Prime,Bumblebee,Jazz,Grimlock & Ironhide),Decepticons (Megatron,Starscream,Scrapper,Shockwave & Razorclaw),Soundwave with his troops (Rumble,Frenzy,Lazorbeak,Buzzsaw,Ravage & Ratbat) and Blaster with his troops (Eject,Rewind,Steeljaw & Ramhorn).

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    TF 25th Ann.

Hey all. I know it's not untill next year, but I'm curious. Since there's a good chance that Hasbro/Takara is going to do something special next year for the 25th Ann., what do you think the'll do? Personally, I'm hoping for MP Grimlock (kinda like MP Prime was for the 20th Ann.). They could easily put it under the new Universe line. They could even also do something special within the Universe line itself (special repaint, 2-pack, or something like that). The movie sequel line has the potential to have something in it to celebrate. What do you guys/gals think Hasbro/Takara will do?

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    25th anniversary masterpiece wheelie?

i would buy it cause i have a problem

13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i hope the 25th ann themed botcon is back in RI, so i can go again.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Huh...didn't notice the old thread, lol. Guess I should have done a search first.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

<-----Considering where I'm from...I God damn hope so!

It definitely saves me a shitload on hotel and airline fees!

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Someone probably already said this but they should just hire Jaiza http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/ to design the entire 25th line. They should basically do what they did with the 25th joes.

17. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I wouldn't expect a line of re-issues or anything drastic like that. With 4 lines already scheduled to be on shelves, I think at best we'll see a few store exclusive figures to tie in with existing lines, but with an anniversary theme, the obligatory 25th Prime maybe with a copy of either TF flick on blu-ray or special edition dvd, and maybe some special collector-targeted stuff from Takara. Botcon, however, should be epic, and hopefully I'll be in attendance for the first time.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

I can't imagine it'd be anything beyond some Optimus Prime figure... whether it'd be another reissue of the original, a reissue of 20th Prime, something like Pepsi Prime, or some new figure (along the lines of the one that was in the Classics 2-pack with tank Megs, perhaps?)... who knows. Maybe it'll be that OP themed Mr. Potato head. I dunno. I wouldn't bank on anything like a new MP mold (maybe an existing Takara MP mold, kinda like what they did with Starscream) or a whole series of reissues.
    With the new movie coming out, I imagine that will take up most of the focus.
    Besides, no love for 10th anniversary of Beast Machines next year??

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I could see a MP Skywarp or Thundercracker. Knowing Hasbro they'll pick Skywarp because everyone already has one.

Definitely G1 Prime released again though probably at TRU.

Other than that, I don't see much being done for the 25th like they did with G.I. Joe. I think they may expand Classics Universe somewhat and then slap a 25th anniversary sticker on it.

I think it will be harder for Hasbro to create a 25th line the way they did with G.I.Joe so anything along those lines is out of the question.

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    There has already been countless re-issues and we've had Alternators and Classics to boot. If Hasbro is going to do something special next year then I hope they can come up with something original and maybe even something that doesn't just pander to the oldest fans but actually manages to pay tribute to Transformers entrie illustrious 25 year history.

Of course if they don't really feel up to something of that magnitude then I'll accept a new Masterpiece figure in it's stead.