Minor/Repaint: TFP Voyager Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by daelf1980, Nov 26, 2012.

1. daelf1980

daelf1980 Well-Known Member

TFP Voyager Megatron 98% Complete

This is my take on Transformers Prime Megatron. Many out there have already done great jobs on their own that it pushed me to make an attempt. Now some will think it simple or incomplete but I personally like it this way. It is not show accurate. I went back and forth in my head about painting him to be 100% show accurate or doing a metallic finish on all of him. after getting feedback on here, I went ahead and added more paint to make him more show accurate. I am thinking of ordering the Reprolabels kit for Megatron since today I ordered the ones for Optimus and Ratchet. Anyone that has the one for Megatron already could you tell me if you think it would mesh well with what paint apps I did. I apologize in advance if the pictures are crappy. Im no photographer but for some pictures I had help. :)  I appreciate all feedback but please be kind. I used to paint and customize miniatures by Games Workshop but that was a very long time ago and got away from it so this is my start back I guess. Included in the pictures is a shot of the paint I used if anyone is interested. It was bought in Japan when i was there.

** updated 12/19/12
    more of a show accurate arm cannon and sword. cut off back half of arm cannon. remove led box completely. used pieces of cardboard to fill in top of cannon. attached original purple end of cannon into place. reattached original mounting post onto cannon. glued blade pieces together. used original gear from gimmick for mounting post. threw on paint and viola!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. JouetCOM

JouetCOM Autobot Officer

News Credits:
    Hmmmm....the shiny silver seems nice, but I probably would've went with spraying the whole body into a shiny metallic silver.

Well, good job on your part and the paint seems cool. Congrats

3. daelf1980

thank you. I personally thought the metallic everywhere would be too much on him but I may go back and do more metallic on him. I do want to do more on his head and possibly try and replicate the eyes from the show more.

4. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That looks awesome completely painted silver like that! The only suggestion I'd give would be if you have enough faith in yourself, use a little bit of a gunmetal wash on parts of him to bring out the detail in the silver. But, if not, don't worry about it because it looks great!

5. daelf1980

thank you for your kind words. ive not used washes before. ive either done small details by hand or drybrushed things. i will be adding some purple detailing once i get the nerve too.