Minor/Repaint: TFP RID Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dremel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. dremel

dremel ___________

I've been on the forums for a while now, but this is the first custom Im confident in showing. As you can see this is the TFP RID Voyager Optimus Prime. I wanted him to be as show accurate as possible. He is still fully transformable, but his bot alt mode isn't that great so I didn't shoot it. Primed and base coated with an airbrush, detailed with a paint brush, and finally cleared with future floor polish. I used all model master acrylics.

I don think I could have finished this figure without all the awesome tutorials I've read on this forum and pro-customizers. Gotta give thanks to Wikkid for his tutorial on body filler. And I have to give a big thanks to Customs by Z, I purchased his tutorial video on how to prep figures for paint.

The photography was inspired by Process photo thread. I need to find a better canvas to shoot on, but thats all natural, no photoshop in any of the pictures.

Anyway, critiques/tips would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. seanb47

seanb47 FB:SBee'sCustomCreations IG@sbees_custom_creations

Ebay:
    Hey,that's clean looking.Nice job. :thumb 

3. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Great job, the paint looks flawless! I love the bright colors and the blue on his inner thighs really does make the figure look better. The only thing the bugs the hell outta me is those clear windows, it seems everybody leaves those clear but I just had to paint mine black. Nonetheless, it still looks awesome!

4. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Gorgeous. Very well done! Is he a full repaint, or did you just color match the red and blue?

CTCustomz, to each his own, but I definitely love those clear windshields on this mold. I think that design inside of the clear plastic looks awesome.

5. dremel

dremel ___________

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to paint the windows with a transparent black, but my local hobby shop didnt have the color. I was hoping to keep the inner design visible, which is why I ended up keeping it in the clear blue.

He is a full repaint. The red is Model Master acryllic "insignia red", blue is MMA "dark blue" and the silver area is a MMA aluminum with a black wash.

6. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks pretty good, nice work =)

Was curious about the alt mode. I know you said you didn't shoot it, just curious if you're meaning you don't like how some of the paint came out on the grill or something.

7. dremel

dremel ___________

I went back and shot the alt mode. They are in the first post. I realized I didnt paint the head lamps. Oops.