3D Artwork: TFP Project

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by grimmlock, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    This. I don't know any of the people involved in this (and I'm sure most of the people spreading this drama don't either) but I do know people online especially nowadays have a tendency to overreact so I tend to not take it too seriously until I'm able to judge it for myself. This is a similar thing that happened to Pete Sinclaire in that it sounds a lot like a game of telephone from an outsiders perspective but when I took the time to seek him out myself and get his side of the story he was a pretty cool guy.

So yeah, if you're not gonna talk about the project itself kindly gossip elsewhere. This site isn't a gossip rag, it never was.

If the project isn't even active anymore that's even less reason to bring up off-site drama.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nightstrike

Nightstrike A user not worth your time.

I've used Nitter just to make sure that the claims were legitimate, but yeah, it's something that could kick off a nasty flamewar, so it's best to just let people look into it outside of here.

Regardless the project is still active, but will only be made available to those who've made the 50+ USD pledges. Not exactly the best way to maintain hype for something this long, but alas, here we are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Grimlock has changed his mind on pay walling it, and is aiming to release the fully rendered film on Youtube when it is completed.

The progress Grimlock has made on this project is nothing short of extraordinary, there's a few nitpicks here and there but everything I've seen, especially from the recent trailer they put out, is convincing me that I need to separate art from artist and just appreciate what these people have worked tirelessly on. It's not just one man putting it together, it's a whole team, they're the MVPs of Prime Animations and I will give them their props.

• Like Like x 1
  4. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    As a long time supportor of this incredible project, it never ceases to amaze me how much work, devotion and love has been put into it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll never forgive Orbital Bacon for leakin' my TFP models to specifically spite me just because I tried to ask Grim to reconsider recasting him and he called me out for a grammatical error. (I'm almost 1000% certain Grim set Orbital to attack me just for that), I relapsed into depression because of him!

6. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to this project for a long while. Sucks that drama superseded everything that's been ever done and I can't in good faith support what Orbital says and does. Scummy appalling, and unprofessional attitudes all around.

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I figured pay-walling a fan project probably wasn't the wisest move anyways given I don't think Hasbro would be too keen if they found out about that.

8. KodyCrimson

KodyCrimson Resident Titans Return fan

YouTube (Custom URL):
    I was big into this project until I learned about the Patreon usage and such. People REALLY need to read up on copyright law and licensing. You can't directly make money off of an IP that you don't own. Views on a video are a grey area, before anyone asks, because it's money earned by the views not through getting donations and such via creating the project (especially when things are pay-walled).

9. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

And this isn't just one movie either...they're aiming to do this two more times. Pre-Production is underway on the next one, Dinobots Unleashed, the third is called 'Ultimate Annihilation' . Given it took a decade for 'Galvatron's Revenge' to reach the finish line, we're looking at double the amount of years of these sort of controversies and complications.

• Like Like x 2
  10. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Who else is betting we'll only get the first?

11. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Very likely that'll happen, especially when Hasbro catch wind of all the blu-rays...

12. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    BLU-RAYS TOO?! Ohhh Hasbro is gonna sue them to Cybertron and back if they find out.

13. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

They've openly talked about the blu-rays being a perk in many of the production diary videos, the original plan was to paywall the finished film, but also distribute blu-rays with that and a lot of special features attached to all those who had donated. While the plan now is to release the film fully rendered to Youtube, those who gave them money are still going to have the blu-rays sent to them.

14. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    WOWWWWWWWWWWW. This just gets more and more hilarious. Wonder how long until Hasbro cracks down on them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone here works at Hasbro or if anyone knows if Hasbro closely monitors the forums, if they do, they might already be aware and are just waiting on things like this to be fully realized before they take action. While I want to see this film, it's very unethical to distribute DVDs of it, as there's no way of trusting the backers, they could end up selling them on e-bay or something the very next day, it's a nightmare of legality, Hasbro ought to be right on top of things like that if they actually occur.

16. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    I was absolutely into wanting to see this until I saw all the monetization. It's the similar reason that I dropped that one G1 continuation from FanaticFilms. They don't own the footage at all and they're still trying to make money off it, even if it is to pay their VAs it's still not their property to profit from.
    And it sucks because that continuation was really good.

17. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Oh it definitely sucks. I only ever use patreon for one project (to fund production of the Sonic Satam season three pilot, which Sega are apparently ok with), I haven't donated to Prime Animations or Fanatic, there's also a Power Rangers fanfilm group that recently launched one, I'm wondering if Hasbro (and Toei) will touch that at any such point.

18. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Sonic Team / SEGA's not okay with Patreons and monetary gain off of their brand. I followed a good deal of the paid projects pretty heavily because I'm a HUGE Sonic fan (probably bigger than Transformers at this point). One of the huge points of contention a while ago was that "Sonic Omens" fan game, which paywalled a lot of content and drummed up a ton of concern that SEGA/Sonic Team would just drop the hammer on fan projects. Thankfully they didn't, but they were aware and said people shouldn't make money off of fan games and such on a stream. And they couldn't do anything about it either though because the studio was based somewhere copyright law didn't really matter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

I'm only going by what Team Sea3on have said, that they've went through proper channels about it and while Sega are aware of their patreon, they're looking the other way so long as the final product is released for free on Youtube. The team are also now affiliated with SAG-AFTRA so there's a lot of credible weight behind the production, more so than there is for Galvatron's Revenge.

20. KodyCrimson

YouTube (Custom URL):
    They lied about that. There's no proof whatsoever. It boils down to "Trust us bro", because they claim they can't show anything confirming it but say it's real.

• Like Like x 1