TFP - Peter Cullen to Answer Fan Questions on Facebook

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by spiritprime, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Question submitted. Thanks for the heads-up, spirit!

2. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Dear Mr. Cullen, in your first-ever BotCon panel, you cited Optimus Prime's compassion as one of his most endearing traits to you. How did you feel about the line reading "We will kill them all" in the latest movie? :) 

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    If I was Peter and had to read questions like these, I'd hate the fandom with a passion. The patience this man must have...

4. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Dawwww! You're welcome, B_O! :D 

5. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I asked about the gibberish

6. GrantB

GrantB Pic so old

News Credits:
    Ha, whatever. I'm sure that all fades away when he comes to BotCon, collects a fat check, and gets treated like a rockstar by a convention center full of people.

7. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

Mr Cullen is a lucky man . His career as a legendary voice artist is rejuvenated and solidified thanks to Transformers and the fans who pressured Michael Bay and the film producers to put him in the live movies. He owes his fans a debt of gratitude.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    What is going on in this thread??? SMH.

Show some respect to a man who has given his voice to one of the greatest characters in TF history...and animation in general. This is not a place to spam. :( 

sp--not on FB, hate it, but I hope you and B_O have some serious and kindly worded questions to ask him. Please let us know when they post his Q & A, thanks, :thumb 

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I must concur with mpl. I am disappointed to read GrantB and major revolt's posts. Mr. Cullen is always known for his graciousness and gratitude to the fans. Just because he has a successful career with the Transformers franchise is no reason to speak so disrespectfully of him. We've always respected him for being a class act and the defining voice of a cartoon character that many of us hold dear. He recognises the significance of his position and treats Optimus Prime's character with as much reverence as the fans do. He's a man to be respected as much as the culturally iconic character he voices.

10. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    If someone has a Facebook, could somebody please ask this for me? My brother got me banned from the page before I could ask.

Anyway, here's the question:

How long do you plan to continue to voice Optimus Prime?

11. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, i can not believe what people are saying in this thread..

12. GrantB

GrantB Pic so old

News Credits:
    Calm down guys, he's just a dude, not a prophet. I don't think anyone here said anything truly disparaging about the man himself.

Regarding my "10% candor" comment... Going by his past Q&As (in person and in print), and factoring in that this is an official Hasbro-controlled interview, I'm just saying that whatever he says will hardly be revelatory. The questions will be vetted, and beyond that, Peter has never been known to express any opinion that might possibly be perceived as even slightly disparaging to TF (e.g. he would never acknowledge that a line in the script might be out of character, for instance. At best, he might say it's not his job to second-guess the dialog).

Every answer will be that things were wonderful, he's always excited to be part of the TF legacy, etc etc etc. He's always very friendly, but I think he keeps his true opinions to himself. Once you see the pattern, his interviews become much less interesting, that's all.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Just need to add 'In regard to TF4' to the beginning...