TFP:BH "Rebellion" Image and Clip

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ken8kuhletz08, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dat. electric. whip.

2. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looking good, can't wait!

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wheeljack's gone all Whiplash. I am loving that. I wish the BH Wheeljack had that as his weapon accessory instead of the Falcon spear.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That whip is cool, but ludicrously over-powered. Like, that's just stupid. It not only kills one hit, but stretches far enough to reach FIVE JETS flying IN THE SKY.

This show, I just don't understand it. I don't understand how this is what people call a perfect show.

That's not really an excuse. If the show is making the Decepticons laughably weak (like seriously, the movie 'Cons groan at the sight of these chumps) just to balance out the fact that they're an infinite army, maybe they shouldn't have made them an infinite army?

Has the show ever actually given a reason for Megatron to not just go out and wipe out all the Autobots himself? Because it's not like other series where he's not super over-powered. He's supposed to be unstoppable, right? So why is this the help he carries? How come Megatron hardly ever fights?

5. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    The whip looks cool.

6. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, It obviously entertains a lot of people, so its gotta be doing something right. Right?

Can't wait till tomorrow. Dat Cannon. Bulky, you so lucky.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But calling that perfect? I dunno man.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe because they see something in it that they like a lot and have different tastes then you? And also don't let a lot of things ruin their enjoyment too much?

Just because some show does thing ludicrous well handled or not doens't mean it can't be enjoyed by some people.

Most people say the same thing about many of the Autobots in Animated about being too weak too you know.

It's meant to make him more of an actual threat to the Autobots if he's not on the battlefield often. When he is out it's usually meant to be a big deal. If he's in every battlefield and had to shout "Decepticons retreat!" all the time like in G1 people wouldn't take him seriously. He's shown to be pretty powerful in his own right when he does get on the battle field like how Soundwave when he's on the battlefield or does something important shows how much of a threat he is.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not disagreeing.

But man that whip was bad. Looked awesome, though. But there's no excusing how stupidly over-powered it was.

Except that doesn't really work, since the Autobots are the heroes overcoming adversity. A weaker hero who manages to win despite that is endearing. Villains that are little more than an annoyance are not good villains. There's no adversity in Prime.

But if he's not on the battlefield at all how is he supposed to be a threat?

You don't have to be invincible to be a threat. Maybe if he, I dunno, won a few battles now and then along with a few physical defeats I'd see him as a serious guy instead of just a pompous stereotypical leader-type that stands around putting his failures on others. He doesn't have to yell "Decepticons retreat!" That's a flawed thinking. There is such a thing as middle-ground, being formidible but not invincible. In fact, if he weren't invincible he'd probably be a better villain since he would also have some sense of overcoming adversity, making his victories more important in the show.

The fact that he is supposed to be superpowerful, yet virtually never steps foot into battle, is a major detriment to any sense of threat he may have, and makes him look like a thick-headed moron for never doing things himself wwhen all his followers ever do is die and fail. He's a joke, no matter how strong the writers think he is in their heads.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    No one said that the whip wasn't overpowered in this thread at all.

Even thougb you're ignoring how Decepticons like Airachnid manage to scar their respective Autobots psyce in a pretty severe way,guys like Hardshell managing to almost kill their pray,even Knockout manage to score some hits in season 2.

Dude most of the past Megatron didn't go on the battlefield often either and from what I've heard about the RID Megatron he pretty much does NOTHING but sit around. If anything he and G1 sunbow Megs are the real jokes. At least Prime Megs does things when he's on the field and off. He's shown to be pretty cunning and does larn more about how the Autobots get their strengths an weaknesses from whatever thigns he can find like with Soundwave about showing him how much of a threat the humans can truely be in combat after the Hurt incidant.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except that's off-balanced by the fact that, as said, the Autobots in Animated weren't warriors are very powerful, and realistically he didn't need to antagonise them at all since it made more sense to save his resources for their larger goal of Cybertron. It would be tactically unsound to take risks, however small those risks were, when he had bigger fish to fry. (especially since he under-estimated them, which led to his first defeat)

Prime Megs, on the other hand, literally has NO OTHER MAJOR ENEMIES than Optimus Prime on earth. No Magnus, no heavily-defended, fully-populated Cybertron, just Prime, who lives down the street. And unlike Animated, again, he doesn't view Optimus as a minor annoyance that he under-estimated. Optimus and his troops are a serious kink in the plans. That was kind of point with his never remembering Optimus' name.

Airachnid, well I don't think I need to explain that one, and Hardshell? You mean the guy who got owned by a little girl and killed all those gusy offscreen? And Knockout, well jeez if your heavy hitter is the prissy fussy medic I'd say you're in a bit of trouble.

Ah yes, the "Well it's not like they did it better before!" defense.

Because as we know, if you've done better than a bad anime dub from 2001 or a 30 year old cartoon you're a big winner.

Oh they are.

But Prime Megs is, like, #2 jokester on the list.

Does he, though? Because when he's in the field he usually leaves pretty quickly or doesn't do anything. Or Rock Bottom happens.

Yeah that's a load of bunk, man. Sorry. There's literally no evidence of that.

12. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I'm excited for this episode. I want to see Alpha Trion, Optimus in all his new glory, Ultra Magnus do his thing and how Smokescreen deals with the situation he's in.

Since Ultra Magnus showed up with an arsenal of weapons on his ship as shown at the end of episode 3. It was probably among them.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hope there's a good variety to them. So far we've got a cannon (eh) and a whip,(awesome idea but absurd execution) I wonder what else the Duely Appointed Enforcer of Whateverheenforces brought?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Except that we don't really know who are Animated Megatrons other major enemies other then Magnus and Optimus either.

Hardshell was able to almost kill Bulkhead and Wheeljack onscreen which proved is was pretty much a threat in his own right and Knockout is able to use his head wih using that relic to aid him.

Dude people who saw both shows would agree with what I've said about RID Megs because it's fact.

That's just an opinion.

He nearly killed Raf in One Shall Fall,Took back command in Out of his Head,Took Orion to his base and kept him hidden for a long time, was able to use information what he can about how humans worked later on in Season 2 and learned how to use it to his own advantige, and used it to destroy the Autobots base,from the Hurt episode,from Silas and the photo of the kids in Human Factor, and was able to give Optimus a run for his money in the same One Shall Fall episode.

See above.

15. TFanPage101

TFanPage101 Commander Magnus

News Credits:
    A review, is the episode online?

16. HoneyPrime

I want to see a variety as well. I'm also curious as to what else he brought.

The episode isn't online (as far as I know) nor has it aired yet, not in the US anyway. But there is this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...n/858978-tf-prime-rebellion-early-review.html

Caution: Very Spoiler Heavy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  17. TFanPage101

TFanPage101 Commander Magnus

News Credits:
    Well I know of the review but thanks

18. HoneyPrime

Sure. :) 

19. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    This is why I respect you. You may hate TFP, which I disagree on, but you don't go on the Prime forums hating on those who like it and I can actually respect your opinion.

20. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the lack of spikes is due to the 'beast hunter' toyline being introduced later and its likely that it's all leading up to a point where they add spikes to track down Predaking who has gone rogue - especially given this episode where the poor unfortunate robot gets ground bridged away... I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason for his toy bio where it states about him not wanting to be forced around. I also wouldn't be surprised if Predaking creates an army of Predacons as some point for company and to gain revenge on the humans, autobots and decepticons.