TFP Autobot cast or AOE/TLK Autobot cast

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFFan01, Oct 19, 2020.

?

1. Movie

42.3%
  2. Prime

57.7%
  1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who do you like more?

2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this is a no brainer.
    Prime.
    Simply for the fact the Autobot cast actually took main stage.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

If I was forced to pick, it would be AOE/TLK. Yeah, they weren't an outstanding or interesting cast, but at least I could tolerate them (unlike TFP's cast, which was either boring or downright annoying, with only Bulkhead having some sort of endearing aspect for me).

• Like Like x 5
  4. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

I swear your just being contrarian for the hell of it.

Yeah French Hot Rod isn't at all annoying. "Stop the time!" he needed to say that at every opportunity.

I'll take the Prime cast thank you.

5. TheUltimateBum

I'm not contrarian, I just have different opinions from the general populace. Yeah, there are times when I can agree with them, but personally, I would be lying if I just went with the flow every single time. I always am honest with what I say.

French Hot Rod was just there. He didn't appear in every single scene. In fact, most of the characters were just there, but at least they didn't annoy me like most of the TFP cast.

Optimus was just dull and lifeless, Bumblebee was just boring and didn't leave any impression on me (and the one scene in the finale that could have been his big break gets instantly nullified in the Predacons Rising movie), Arcee was a very poorly written character (definitely the worst member of that core cast due to being such an angry, unfriendly bitch most of the time and whenever she had moments where she had to be soft, they just left little impression on me and it didn't help her case) and Ratchet... I'm sorry, but I never liked Ratchet as a grump. I always felt that Ratchet should be the morale booster of the team, and all he did in TFP that I remember was whine and complain (and like Arcee, that certainly nullified the effect of any moments where they tried to show him emotional, and they really felt like afterthoughts).

• Like Like x 1
  6. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime no contest

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  7. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

8. TheUltimateBum

Contrarians disagree with everything. There are times where I do agree with the general populace.

I don't like either Prime or Animated, but I don't go calling other fans things because they like it. I leave them be, because that is the right thing to do and no one is gonna have the same opinion. You, on the other hand, have been very disrespectful towards people in your other posts and even though I may not be a fan of Animated, in fact, I find it overrated as hell, I don't think it's right to call their fans stuff like "knuckle-dragging troglodytes" or "stupid petulant children". That is disrespectful and really don't make you look good.

Beast Machines was a very dark show, and I found that it did things 100% better than Prime ever did. At least I could feel the tension that the characters were going through in a hopeless situation and the status quo was constantly shaken. In Prime, everything was anti-climactic and I just never got to care for most of the characters (there were a few, but not that many).

Prime wasn't mature... it was pretentious. It always shoved into your face the 'I'm mature' thing, and honestly, I didn't find it mature. I found it childish. At least stuff like RiD 2015 and Cyberverse admit their childishness and embrace it, but Prime just wanted you to think "oh, what a mature show", but the cracks in storytelling immediately show.

Beast Machines was mature. It not only had action, but it actually made you reflect on a lot of things. Concepts like extremism, the weak link being stronger than everyone thinks and fanaticism actually made it a lot more sophisticated than people give it credit, whereas Prime lacked sophistication and any sort of concept that would be considered mature. Prime was pretty formulaic and not in a good way.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you just want to start fights in every thread that has someone who says they didn't enjoy Prime like you do? I like most continuities and I don't go making paragraphs about why people who don't like them are wrong and the many reasons why.
    Also for the love of god learn how to quote properly.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

AOE easily, they're my favorite cast members right now. What got me hooked the first time was how much character and interactions they showed compared to the previous movies.

What's funny is that I was going into AOE thinking that I would hate the new Autobots but they won me over by just how much fun they were on screen. The exact opposite goes for the Prime cast, I was onboard with the Prime team the first season but they started to get stale and sometimes too preachy for my liking come season 2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ._.

12. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Its a tie. Prime has some good people but a bit to many bloodthirsty People. Aoe had good autobots while tlk was Confusing. :/

13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's hard for me to pick one over the other. I like some members of each team. I easily prefer TFP Optimus and Ratchet over most of the AOE characters. I also like TFP Bumblebee better than Bay's Bee. But I find Arcee to be sort of annoying, and I've never really gotten into Bulkhead. I easily like AOE Crosshairs over the latter two, and have even grown to enjoy Hound quite a bit. Drift is just so-so for me, mostly because I find his design a bit creepy. I think the Prime characters are probably better and more well-rounded characters overall, but I find the AOE/TLK characters a bit more memorable, for whatever reason. They're definitely very basic stereotypes/archetypes...but I find them very fun. At the moment, I think I lean a bit more towards them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Prime cast better.

I... don’t really remember the Autobots from AOE or TLK. There was Prime, BB, Bulkhead, Crosshairs, Drift, and... was it the same ones in TLK? I’m really coming up blank.

Anyway, I found the TFP bots more likable and memorable.

15. TheUltimateBum

See? I'm not the only one who thinks Bayformers Hound was too much like Bulkhead. :p 

In TLK, it was mainly the same cast with the addition of Cogman and Hot Rod (though Hot Rod didn't do anything of note). You could say the Dinobots were there, but their appearance was so minor that I don't think they should have bothered.

Still, between forgettable and annoying, I personally prefer forgettable, and since most of the TFP cast (outside of Bulkhead, who I liked) annoyed me or bored me to no end, I picked the AOE one (though "Bulkhound" was the only one who you could call less forgettable than the rest). But yeah, neither of the two casts are really my thing, and I guess that is just my personal thoughts.

16. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Prime cast. The AOE/TLK Autobots (with the exception of Optimus) weren't characters, they were personality traits and nothing more.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Is this seriously even something to debate? Prime, easily
    TLK bots were just stereotypes

• Like Like x 2
  18. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd rather mix and match to taste. AoE Optimus is more interesting than TfP Optimus (though that's a low bar to clear), and the Autobots could have used a leader who didn't tolerate any shit from the Cons. Same goes for Bumblebee, though I'd like to see TfP Bee's friendship with Raf merged into AoE Bee. Hound and Bulkhead should just be combined, with the new Bulkhead influencing Miko and vice versa. I'd bring in Ratchet and Arcee from TfP and focus on their better parts. Crosshairs needs to come in, since the main hero cast needs a Rattrap, and he could replace Wheeljack as the tech guy. I'd probably give him Drift's colors or something, to distinguish him from Bulkhead.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

AoE/TLK by a long shot. It's not even close. It's like comparing dating an attractive woman full of personality to some morbidly obese woman who talks in a manly, monotone voice and stays in their house and only has their cats as companions. If you prefer the latter, that is Shrek-Freaking-Tastic, and I'm happy for you, but I don't.

The AoE Autobots' characters and personalities bounce off each other in fun and interesting ways. They're a group of outlaws and misfits who don't all get along with or like each other, but are forced to work together due to their situation, and they fit into the theme of the movie, which is, "You gotta look at all the junk and see the treasure." Because far from being nearly identical "assholes," they're actually distinct from each other and have their positive qualities, so despite being rough-around-the-edges "junk" in terms of their abrasiveness and dislike of some others, they are actually "treasure" just like flawed humans who have positive characteristics. I find it not awful, but refreshing, that the AoE Autobots aren't these goody two shoes.

The Prime cast is mostly just boring. Not to mention the voice acting is waaaayyyy better in AoE.

I don't like TLK as much, but even then, I find them more fun than Prime. Yeah, I wish we saw more of Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs, but what we saw was still fun, and I also liked Daytrader, Cogman, and Hot Rod. I prefer fun, colorful, entertaining Autobots casts who have their drama and antics but don't fit traditional Autobot depicticons over boring, dull, etc. AoE's cast is far more interesting and, in my opinion, one of the best casts in the brand.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Prime, I'm still miffed they unceremoniously killed off everyone bar Bee and Prime in the first three films just to plop us with new cast out of nowhere especially when they're all mostly unremarkable clones

Prime on the other hand, Prime Ratchet is the best thing ever, so they win for him alone

• Like Like x 2