TFNATION to produce Transformers Animated Season 4 Graphic Novel!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Well, let me think, there was no internet at the time, so no one could have shared scans even if they wanted to be generous, which apparently nobody does right now.
    "The UK are just better fans"
    "Should be thanking the UK for giving something to moan about"
    What kind of rude, elitist comments are these?

"Entitlement", huh? Well, saying "It's for the fans" is a rather entitling statement, isn't it?
    So you're saying you have the comic (or at least read it) and you have the gall to act high and mighty about this topic because I don't live in the UK?
    I'm sure it's very easy for you not to be "entitled" when you're already lucky enough to have it! And you're practically rubbing it in my face with that last comment.
    What the hell is your problem?

These two snobbish comments, wow. You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 14
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. TheAce326

TheAce326 Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

Are the BotCon Animated comics available anywhere? ... And any other Animated comics? For either purchase or legit download?

4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks for the link! Glad to see my boy come out from the coma to conclude his wrong about Prime being a hero, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Pretty good overall, but I wasn\'t too keen on the art in the last couple chapters.

6. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

So I read it all in one sitting and overall I didn't think it was very good. I don't wanna throw stones when I'm not sure if I could have done better, but I thought this was about a 4/10. But that's also coming from someone who thought Animated doesn't need a continuation and had a very satisfying ending as it is.

• Like Like x 6
  7. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

started off great but right around the time the art changed so did the writing. Felt like all of a sudden it couldn't get to the finale fast enough and just sprinted. pacing be damned.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Wait so they literally are called "Centurion drones", but they also look like Roman Centurions? A little on the nose there eh?

Got to say, it is a Animated thing, and as someone who thought Animated felt like it ended fine, everything taking place in one location is too convenient, with Arachnid coming from one side of the galaxy just to appear in Cybertron with cronies JUST in time for Megatron's trial.

And my least favorite part of the series is in effect; Sentinel being an unnecessary dick foil to Optimus with here being unreasonable to Optimus given all that happened on Earth.

I'm getting Cursed Child vibes and I don't like it.

Yep it got bad later on. Just when I had a feeling things were off the art got terrible, panels and people showing up made NO SENSE, and boy Sari Sumdac is getting the full Mary Sue treatment here. She knows how the Decepticons get in, she managed to get everyone to the surface just in time before Megatron could win, and we don't even know how she got back to the surface. The art made me think she BUMBLED her way to the top at the speed of plot convenience. Trans-organic or not, somehow she's able to take in the Allsparks full energy just fine, but she's not exactly Cybertronian either. God this thing is giving me a headache.

Megatron looks nice, and his plan is good, but that just means Optimus and the Autobots are even bigger suckers than their G1 Sunbow counterparts.

Edit as of finishing:
    Holy shit it got worse! The ending is just rushed right out the door and the art is horrible! Everyone looked like Animaniac knock-offs. Did anyone think this was ok?! Like okay congrats you gave Animated fans more stuff to "love", but the content itself was total trash.

3/10, but that's because the first two chapters were ok. Just stick to Season 3 where it ended fine.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 Goddess of Chaos

IMO this seems more like the proper sequel to season 3 than the one from this year... we were teased for years about Blackarachnia ruling a Predacon army (Inferno, Antagony) and Megatron wearing his Beast Machines helmet. Plus, Team Char with Sky-Byte. Can’t wait to read!!!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    No it isn’t.

UK may have kept TFs limping along on life support, but come 1995 it was completely out of steam, regardless of what UK fans did or didn’t do.

The only thing that’s responsible for “saving” Transformers is Beast Wars, because that was the one and only time TFs was faced with cancellation and had interest resurge enough to come back to the point where it’s never come close to death since.

• Like Like x 6
  11. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Apologies but I had to look back at some of the previous comments and well this post explains everything.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

And if i recall. Beast Wars had been animated by Canadian animation studio, Mainframe.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Centurion droid - Transformers Wiki

As a fan made ending for free, I appreciate the work and their move to create a coda for the best transformers incarnation using the threads from the almanac.

• Like Like x 1
  14. samisham

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  15. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Reddit mod rank achieved

News Credits:
    I liked having more animated material and appreciate them taking the time to make this however there is no way this is Canon it doesn't hold a candle to animated. It does prove however why we should be grateful animated ended the way it did instead of being forced back to life like this. To put it simply...
    perhaps-some-things-are-best-left-forgotten-for-now-yall-47401478.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  16. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Wow that was bad. Half of it was just shallow references and the other was just Sari Wanking. And the art style, off. It really looks like a tumblr comic.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    JIm Sorenson did not work on the show last I checked, he just compiled the Almanac which was a giant fanwank to basically every obscure lore from TF history ever, hidden in cybertronian lettering (and I might be a huge TF nerd but I am not THAT type who learns a whole fictional alphabet, like those Trekkies who only communicate in klingon).
    I wish the actual writers could have written something, or released some scripts for Season 4 that were in the works, instead. This, as others said, feels like glorified fan fiction. I feel the same reading these as I felt reading the UK fanfics in 1997, by now famous James Roberts and others, they just don\'t feel like natural continuations of the original.
    I had to also question the \"protoforms watch for free\" joke in the advert, since in Animated, we KNOW that\'s not how that works.
    The whole history lesson (really convenient) also does not ring true, I don\'t recall the Magnus hammer being that old. And trans-organics did not exist before Blackarachnia - S4 info showed that she made them later into an army, same as she did with Waspinator. So how are Inferno and co on the ancient mural? Also not sure how she is suddenly back from that distant planet (or the past) she was transported to. Or why she has a Predacon symbol now.
    The \"Autobots used to have a galactic empire\" thing seems to be lifted right out of the previous IDW comics and also not like what Animated presented itself before.
    Given how Megatron never acknowledged Optimus as his equal, it just does not ring true he would ask Optimus to defend him. And his plan was to what, suddenly gain sympathisers ready to free him because he said a few words?
    Man the artwork really goes from \"somewhat looking like the show\" to just goobedlygook in the second half.
    Also don\'t buy the origin for Sari... the Allspark foresaw it would land on Earth and what, reached forward and created her as an ambassador?
    Sentinel is many things, but a traitor he isn\'t. He hates decepticons more than anyone, and he would never stoop to deal with them. After all, he was also already in command. This making a deal with Strika to look good.. dumb even for him to consider that she would keep to her word.
    Also, Megatron should have simply retreated after being freed. He has nothing to win by standing to fight a populace he supposedly wants to recruit.

Actually I first read Marvel UK in 1997 when I got internet access at the university. TF The Moon - an UK website that still exists - started sharing scans, if not all of them, online. Still very thankful to them that they did!

• Like Like x 3
  18. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other half was just what?

• Like Like x 4
  19. samisham

I will say I liked all the non-G1 characters, Inferno, Antagony, Hotshot, arguably Red alert. in fact I liked seeing all of team Athenia again, even if they were somehow even more useless here than they were in the show.

• Like Like x 1
  20. D15M45

D15M45 Player Hater

I like that his autobot symbol is also smirking