TFExpo 2014: August 1st-3rd in Wichita, Kansas with Neil Ross and Sumalee Montano!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Mirage77, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Mirage77

Mirage77 Active Member

News Credits:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Wichita, Kansas - TFEXPO ANNOUNCES DATES FOR 2014 SHOW AND FIRST GUEST NEIL ROSS

TFExpo is proud to announce our fourth Transformers convention in Wichita, Kansas coming next summer! TFExpo 2014 will be held at the Holiday Inn at Kellogg and Rock Road August 1st-3rd. That’s right, in celebration of thirty years of our favorite transforming robots, TFExpo 2014 will be a full weekend show!

To help us celebrate, we’re bringing in fan favorite voice actor Neil Ross as our first guest! Fans of Transformers Generation 1 (and many other 80’s cartoons) will remember Neil’s many distinctive voices. Neil performed the roles of Springer, Slag, Bonecrusher, and Hook in Transformers, as well as Dusty and Shipwreck in the original G.I.Joe cartoon. And he voiced both Keith and Pidge in Voltron! But that’s only scratching the surface of Neil’s long and varied career. For a complete list of credits, head to IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities.

There will be many more exciting announcements in the months ahead, so stay tuned! Our website will be renovated soon for TFExpo 2014, and then we’ll open pre-registration for the show. In the meantime, like TFExpo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest updates.
    We’ll see you at TFExpo 2014!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  2. 'nok

'nok undead space monkey

woot Full weekend, and Neil Ross YAY

3. superprime

superprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can't wait :) 

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Aw yeah love me some Springer don't think I'll make the con though.

5. fearthehoss75

fearthehoss75 Well-Known Member

Ill be there!!

6. mattwhite924

mattwhite924 Well-Known Member

I was tempted to go to the last one since I live so close. I should probably hit it up this next one.

7. Mirage77

Mirage77 Active Member

News Credits:
    Sumalee Montano to Attend TFExpo 2014 - Registration Open Now!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    JANUARY 20, 2014
    Wichita, Kansas - SUMALEE MONTANO to Appear at TFExpo 2014-- Registration Open NOW!
    TFExpo is proud to announce our next guest for our fourth Transformers convention in Wichita, Kansas coming next summer! Sumalee Montano, best known to Transformers fans as the voice of Transformers: Prime Arcee, will be meeting guests and signing autographs on Sunday! TFExpo 2014 will be held at the Holiday Inn at Kellogg and Rock Road August 1st-3rd.
    Ms. Montano has appeared in live action roles in shows such as ER, NCIS: LA, Bones, Touch, The Finder, Harry’s Law, Nip/Tuck, Big Love, Shark, Boston Legal, Close to Home, and The West Wing. In addition to her role as Arcee, she has many voice acting credits, including:

• Katana/Tatsu Yamashiro in Beware the Batman Su Wu, Wing Wu, and Wan Wu (the Wu Sisters) in Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters
    • The Enchantress in Diablo III
    • Playable Female Solider in Call of Duty: Ghosts
    • Nyreen Kandros in Mass Effect 3
    • Female Boss in Saints Row IV
    • Suna Silentstrike in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    • Cali in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders SWAP Force
    • Mystique in X-Men: Destiny
    • Yerema in Dead Island

For a complete list of credits, please look up Sumalee Montano on IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities.
    Sumalee joins Neil Ross, our previously announced guest who will appear Saturday at the show. Mr. Ross is known to Transformers fans as the voice of Springer, Hook, Bonecrusher, Slag, and Sixshot, as well as Dusty and Shipwreck on G.I.Joe and Keith and Pidge on Voltron. Pre-Registration packages will include admission to the full weekend’s events, so don’t miss your chance to meet both of our guests of honor! Stay tuned for more information when registration becomes available! Like TFExpo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as well!
    For the next exciting part of our announcement-- Registration for TFExpo 2014 is NOW OPEN! If you want to take advantage of everything TFExpo 2014 has to offer, your best bet is to Pre-Register! We offer three different packages, Basic, Premium and Ultra. For prices and details, head to TFExpo! Some of our registration levels will be limited, and once they're gone, they're gone-- so don't delay!
    TFExpo has much more to offer-- this is just the tip of the iceberg! There will be many more exciting announcements in the months ahead, so stay tuned. We’ll see you at TFExpo 2014!

8. MASON2345

MASON2345 Well-Known Member

I cant wait for the 2014 show! So many cool things being planned for our quaint little expo. IF you live in the 3 state area (OK,KS,MO) you wont regret attending this year's TF-Expo

9. WarConvoy

WarConvoy Earth Defense Command

Ebay:
    I wish she could Visit TFcon Toronto :( 

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  11. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    wish i could attend this show, but already book for a show that same weekend, maybe next year if they keep it a full weekend

12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any chance for non-attendies to order the exclusives?

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The current plan is, if there are any left over, we may offer them after the show online. But we encourage folks to attend the convention instead, if possible. Those who have attended in the past have praised our convention for being affordable and the easy access they have to our guests. While the city of Wichita is not exactly the most "happening" town, the city does have its amenities: a Simon shopping mall across the street from the hotel (and a Toy's R Us), the National Baseball Congress World Series will be going during that weekend, the world's largest 3D IMAX theater, etc. I also recommend that, if Wichita's airport rates are too steep, flying into OKC and KC and then renting a car might be more affordable, especially if you are carpooling.

-Steve B.

14. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    TFExpo fan panels. PM me if you have one you want to do. Let me know if it's a 60 minute or 90 minute presentation.

-Steve B.

15. 'nok

'nok undead space monkey

SO who is going? I can't wait! I had a blast last year.

16. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ill be there as a dealer again. Last year was awesome! The parts party in the lobby and watching the Movie with Flint Dille was really cool.

This year promises to be bigger and better.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A couple of announcements:

Our BMOG exclusives are in hand. Check out the BMOG thread in the 3rd party forum for in-hand pictures with Generations Springer and Beast Hunters Optimus Prime.

Also, we're proud to announce General Admission pricing...what you'll pay at the door each day. The best deal, however, is still to purchase at least a Basic Registration for $40. This includes a weekend pass, a t-shirt and, newly announced, a random back-issue Transformers comic-book courtesy of Wichita, KS comic book store Prairie Dog Comics and Cards. You only have until July 6th to buy in to that.

Lastly, we have also posted our schedule of events on website. So if you've been waiting as to what amazing things we have in store for you, these are now available. And we may be adding some extra surprises to the schedule as we get closer to the date.

So, if you've been on the fence on attending this great Transformers fan event, hopefully this is the news you've been waiting for!! Stop by TFExpo today!

18. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Registration ends July 6th! Be sure to sign up as a Premium or Ultra registrant to ensure you won't miss out on our exclusive BMOG toy!

19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Registration extension!! We've had several requests for more time...so we're giving it to you! You now have until July 13th at the end of the day to pre-register for the convention! Don't miss out on your chance to get on Ultra, Premium and Basic ($10 off the full weekend price plus a t-shirt) registration! PLUS, ATTENTION ALL COS-PLAYERS! Registration for our contest will be at the door and is free to participate. Be sure to register Friday night or Saturday morning! Cos-play contest registration cuts off Saturday at Noon!

20. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    We've added even more dealers over the past few days! Plus, Headshots Bar & Lounge will be setting up a gaming station to go head-to-head with War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron!