TFEW - Gambling in disguise???

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by earsRgood, Nov 19, 2016.

1. earsRgood

earsRgood Member

Twitter:
    Hi All

I would welcome your thoughts on this.

Firstly, I love the game, however it is inclusive of children, I recently come to the conclusion that the game in its current form appears to be pure gambling in disguise (excuse the pun).

I play a lot of these mobile device games and they all have an in-play purchase type system, and many have chests/pot luck type options, generally I am fine with this. There is a balance of options available in most other games where you can pay or grind to have certainty or pay to take a chance. You have an option.

However, within the Transformers-Earth Wars game ALL in play purchases only provide a chance to win. There are no options to pay for guaranteed results. This to me is pure gambling, or your only options are gambling options. This does not sit right with me.

I am very concerned with this and believe the model needs to be changed. I want them to make money, the same as they are now! I want them to develop the game for my enjoyment and make a profit, this is not my concern.

What do you all think?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    A chance to win a certain prize. You still win something. That's not gambling. Gambling is when you could possibly win nothing at all.

3. kastaway

kastaway Well-Known Member

It may not be gambling in the sense of making wagers or bets with one another but you cannot defend or deny that it is a highly rigged game of Chance.
    "3 bundles and nothing but dupes" you will hear people say.
    So technically whether its semantics or not , players are definitely "taking a gamble" on any bundle.
    I thought about pickin up a bundle last night but decided a twenty could potentially be better served as a piece of toilet paper.
    Thats the same as rollin the dice if you ask me

I dont care that out of 3 bundles of dupe 2s a player gets a little spark or something. Thats weak.
    I have no problem with the guys constantly defending this game, but come on bro you must work for space ape im guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Totes brah

5. kastaway

kastaway Well-Known Member

No prob duder! Lol
    but i wanted to clarify that i dont mind spending on the game if its more of a sure thing.
    Like buying a couple 5 dollar packs to get enough coins for the 5th buildbot . that would be worth it.
    Or pushing during events to secure a 3 star. Things like that.
    An i wasnt intending to seem rude to you, so i hope theres no bad vibes

• Like Like x 1
  6. earsRgood

earsRgood Member

Twitter:
    My sentiments exactly.

This is exactly what I think is needed, you need to have options for in-play purchases. There should be some options, possibly grind related, that give a guaranteed result so you know what you are investing in.

I love the game, but I am worried about the moral aspects of the model in its current format.

I did have a discussion with Space Ape on the views, it is clear they see the bot aspect of this game as a trading card type model. I am not sure that's why people play this game? It's not a trading card game to me.