TFCToys Poseidon combiner (Piranacon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 18, 2015.

1. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Looks great tfc's first really good effort for a combiner.

2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope that Nautilator is a good gun. I got the reissued version of Piranhacon a couple of years back, and Nautilator is just awful in any mode other than Lobster mode, pretty much. The lobster legs get in the way of all of his modes pertaining to Piranhacon, and the robot mode was kind of silly looking.

3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    how big will this be in comparison to a CW combiner

4. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

I liked Nautilator as a gun with the legs gripping the arm. He sucks as a limb though...

5. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

If nobody told me it was TFC, my guess would be UT. And that's a good thing for me :) 

6. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I've been burned on TFC before, so I'm holding off.

It looks spectacular, though. If reviews show that this set is as good as it looks, I'll totally bite. Piranacon is the last completely missing combiner on my wish list (wouldn't mind redo's on a couple like Superion though...).

8. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

Cybershark? Ummmm...

[​IMG]

9. MrZurkon

MrZurkon Well-Known Member

This set is shaping up really nicely; not sure I want to go in on another $$$$ combiner. Pretty tempting though.

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, but I will admit that I wished Cyberjaw used more of that pink palette (instead of the red) akin to Bigbite (and this is coming from someone that usually doesn't care for the color pink).

11. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

If this thing is the same height as Ordin, I may have to bite. They seem to have a very similar aesthetic going on. If not, I'll probably pass mainly because I'm tired of having a bunch of mish mashed combiners, and you know, because TFC.

12. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    these are looking really nice, I love the color updates as much as the articulation updates, really ready for all the surprises, TFC has def come along way with their combiners

13. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more pictures I see, the better it looks. I wonder when we're going to get to see Mentarazor's colored final product (Or close to it).

14. BioBlade

BioBlade Well-Known Member

This is honestly the first Third Party Combiner I'm having trouble talking myself out of. The colors, the style, the sculpt......it's AMAZING!!!

15. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I thought the color choices for the first two figures were acceptable but then I saw Cyberjaw's altmode scheme. That settled it for me. I am buying them as they look like great figures, but will be definitely repainting them like the bashes from earlier in the thread in their G1 colors:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

this color is spot on :D 

i was never interested in this set but deym, absurd looking cons are my favorite haha

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I would say Herc was their first good effort...and Prometheus...and Hades...Take your pick...

This is too good for UT. I do like Ordin's combined mode, but whilst the individual bots are serviceable, they are no where near this detail and as seemingly intricate (with exception of troll) , also not a scramble city, which gives more brownie pts to TFC.

Look marvellous, but I don't mind how they are atm either.

18. lordelohim

lordelohim Deity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The only reason I was even remotely hesitant about these is size. I have not liked any of TFC's efforts, but these look so good. I absolutely need a pastel combiner in my collection. Well, my *real* combiner collection. I have the BBTS Piranhacon sitting behind me, it has been sitting behind me, unboxed, since the day it came out. I have always loved how ridiculous the colors are. I asked about size in the Transformers group I'm in on Facebook, and someone that would be selling him claimed 6.5" in robot mode for the first two, at least. That makes them about half a head shorter than Scrapper and the GT Constructicons. If that holds up to combined mode, he should be standing roughly as tall as Ordin, if not perhaps closer to Computron and Bruticus. There were not even on my radar a week or two ago, but they look so damn good. I was quite relieved to have only the last two GT Constructicons on my plate, but now this and Jaegertron, damn it all. The Seacons were my biggest worry as it pertains to being picked up by a third party, so it's all good. Now I just need a good Superion, a good Menasor, and a good Defensor.

19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Are M3 and Guardia too small for you? I have M3 and love him, although the cars are a little smallish. They make up for it with a killer design, though. I also have the four limbs for Guardia. They're taller than M3's cars, but still basically deluxe-sized. Waiting for Vulcan to ship to finish that set, but from the early reviews he seems like he's going to be exceptionally good.

20. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it's funny how people are about combiner sizes, I never stress it, but then again I for the most part, only want the beast combiners, i'm down 3 with one coming out, I gotta get it together lol