TFCToys OS-02 Detective (MP Hound)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this guy weren't already competing with two really excellent versions (one already out and one still upcoming) I'd be more excited, but I'm not sure where this guy fits. I'm not a scale maven, but he's admittedly rather large for Hound and he's also a bit blocky and chunky overall. So aesthetic issues and scale being pretty huge at this price point I'm really not sure I need this.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man, I don't know why I like it...

...but I really, really like it!

3. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had to jump on the bandwagon, but I just don't get it. First their Ironhide and Ratchet and now this Hound? I don't mind that they are going for their own look that's kind of G1 but not; however, I just don't know who these guys are designed to fit with? It doesn't even seem to fit within their own product scale? Unless they are looking to create a new scale, these just seem like random pieces on the shelf.

The vehicle mode also has one of those weird looks where the front wheels are set out wider than the rear a la KFC Stack. It just makes it look weird to me. Perhaps there are Jeeps that have that design though?

~Paik

4. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

I do like the alt design better than the MT one. But after seeing the FT testshots, I know where my money's going..

5. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    Here's hoping for Trailbreaker wars next :thumb 

Yeah, if I wasn't collecting MP-style, I'd be interested in Detective as a standalone

6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good for you.

Why does it matter, its an artists interpretation, I'm getting both their Ironhide and Ratchet, and passing on this guy. As long as the figure looks good then it should be no problem. Where does that OS MP-10 KO go, nowhere, but its awesome. Have an open mind dude, I'm kinda surprised your concerned with scale. Perhaps, you could e-mail them and ask them

7. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I had zero interest, but that kneeling pose and his looks has me reconsidering.

8. Chris EL

Chris EL Active Member

I give TFC props for not trying to compete in the carbon copy market and offer a product that is a little more stylized. I have the Ratchet and Iron Hide and I have this one PO. The scale is perfect for me. While I love the cartoon and G1 in general, I see this line as picking out the non sport car characters and making them a little bigger as if they are kind of the "true" soldiers for the autobots where the sport cars were more of recruits. As such, I like that they are a little bigger in size. Iron Hide and Ratchet also give my "MP" shelf a little more realism with their different scale.

9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    With Alternators. Its a different, more solid take on Hound. You can use mp-1 or the upsized mp-10 ko with it and mp-9 as hot rod at that scale. You can use mp megs too, and some of the smaller motorcycles like cybertron ransack or energon arcee.

Its definitely a weird decision for tfc to make though

10. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My o my, I think it has the same transformation/skeleton as TFC Iron Will

11. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think scale matters for a lot of folks. I'm not saying they have to fit the official MP scale but some consistency amongst their own line would probably benefit collections. Just randomly putting out sizes of characters doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense even artistically.

If this is their new scale then that's totally cool and maybe people are just mislabeling these guys as MP, but if they are the ones marketing it as MP then they should adhere to the general rules of that scale or else they shouldn't label it as such.

That all said, I totally believe in people collecting what they want if they like it. Not everyone has to or should be obsessed with scale like me. It probably makes for a happier collecting experience to be honest!

~Paik

12. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Surprise, surprise, surprise. This guy just dropped in my POL. That was unexpected.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not inherently a bad thing if the characters is in most respects the same mold- like TFC's Ironhide and Ratchet- but I don't see how they can get characters like Detective and Iron Will to share the same 'skeleton' without huge compromises. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen one up close, but I'm dubious that this figure is going to feel right.

14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah scale matters for folks and having a cohesive collection also matters. Every collector is different and I am more interested in having a cohesive collection then one that is hodge podge. TFC is doing its own thing but for a lot of fans, their figures just don't fit in with MP or CHUG or even an IDW collection. TFC is just TFC and that's cool but not for everyone.

I like their Hound and Ironhide but I wouldn't add it to my collection because it doesn't "fit in".

15. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

You know, seeing the finished pix and Ben's video, this really is a nice figure. It isn't Hound to me, but it would be great as a generic or original character. Too bad it's size is way off from anything I already have. It's not cool enough to consider as a stand alone figure at a unique scale.

16. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, in the video it looks really good. The alt mode is the best. I might just get this guy also, but I'm not really sure.

17. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Can it fit a Joe sized figure or any 3.75 inch figs in the driver seat?

18. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the tallest season 1 G1 car so this wins my pick. 20 cm is where all the other s1 MP race cars should of been. I need to have them all UPSCALED.

I'll get this itteration of Hound.

19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

So, how big is he in altmode?

Is he 1:24 scale so I can perhaps put him with my Alts should I decide to buy him?

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Might get this... might.

TFC really has outdone the competition with this figure's head, facial expression and alt mode for sure.