TFCon Toronto 2019 Predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Jun 30, 2019.

1. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you think we will see at TFCon Toronto 2019 this year and were any of your predictions in the past accurate. These threads are always fun. Enjoy

• Like Like x 5
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am just hoping it will be better than TFCon LA. That was truly a disappointing event.

• Like Like x 4
  3. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO BEANiE.BABY.BiLLIONAiRE.!.!.!!!

Besides hoping to see all 3 Stunticons sets,I really hope Zeta shows their Predaking and same goes for TW's version also. Last I remember we saw TW Rampage and Crab hands. Also I know this is a long shot but it would be amazing Personally for me if GP showed us what's next after the Dino's. Perhaps an MP Sky Lynx? A combiner??

4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for:
    • MMC Oc Max Remix Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn, Steeljaw in at least test-shot form if not further along, with an estimate that at least one pair of them (if not both) will be out before year's end
    • MMC Oc Max Remix Ratbat announced or hinted at
    • MakeToys MTRM Highbrow and Brainstorm in full color production samples with a release before year's end
    • Maketoys G1 Toy recolor of their Reflector team (as a TFCon exclusive would be fine)
    • Fans Toys Jabber (Blurr) final product with a retailer in-stock date within 30 days of the event
    • Fans Toys production sample of Chomp (Skullcruncher), and testshots of Sheridan (Warpath), Thomas (Astrotrain) and Berserk (Blitzwing) with estimated release quarters
    • Fans Toys re-announce Outrider (Trailbreaker) with an estimated release quarter
    • Fans Toys Insecticons reissue pre-orders going up at retailers shortly after TFCon
    • XTransbots Perceptor design reveal
    • Fans Toys Blaster design reveal or MMC Oc Max (MP G1) Blaster design reveal
    • At least one MP G1 Defensor announced/revealed in renders

I think we'll see:
    • Very little progress with G1 MPs - i.e., few if any new announcements or reveals for the remaining G1 MP characters
    • More delays to the announced figures that would actually complete a Season Two MP collection - particularly with Fans Toys and MMC Ocular Max, which are the only ones so far to even communicate much intent around the remaining characters
    • More of "hey we also did/are doing this figure you already have in your collection from another 3P"
    • More of "hey we're redoing this figure of ours you already have in your collection with minor improvements so you buy it again from us"
    • More of "hey we're taking time to do G2/non-canonical/other random repaints of figures that we've already done in G1 form, which will further delay the figures we've yet to release"
    • MakeToys MTRM line goes the way of Fansproject's Function-X line where it trails off into delays, incompleteness, and poor outcomes for the final figures. Sad how history seems to be repeating itself for those guys
    • MMC Oc Max Combaticons full team in full color combined and individual modes (again)
    • Fans Toys testshots of Hunk (Brawn) and Dunerider (Beachcomber) that I really don't care about
    • Fans Toys full set of Stunticons and Aerialbots in various stages of test shots and production samples that I care less about than Thomas, Sheridan, Berserk, and Chomp
    • A lot of good Legends figure reveals and samples from NewAge and Magic Square

Given how slow things were in 2018, maybe your expectations were too high. And considering how little things have changed since, you may want to guard against those same high expectations again for Toronto. It should be better than LA but not exactly a return to ~2016 vintage unless you consider the Legends boom to be the replacement for the G1 MP boom we had back then.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ocular max mp Azalea blue or green

Ocular max mp Vortex

Daban ko yellow devastator from GT. Or even if one of sellers carries the green ones.

New Age bluestreack and smokescreen

------

New

Ft aerialbots

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I no longer hope for anything. I keep getting disappointed. On that note, I'll guess

*MMC shows off the two big guys from the djd but can't comment on a release time frame.

*FansProject teases something weird

*PE shows off a silhouette of a figure that doesn't go with any of their other figures (e.g. not a new TransMetal, combiner, or movie hybrid figure)

*SND says Cog is still coming someday

*G1 Star Saber kit from PX. I had to cut the depressing predictions with something positive.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    XTB Locke colored

Open and Play Perceptor

XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we even need these conventions anymore now that social media is so big

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Wishes:
    MakeToys MTRM Highbrow and Brainstorm in full color production samples with a release before year's end
    XTB Quints in full color production samples with a release before year's end
    XTB Dreadwind and Darkwing in full color production samples with a release before year's end
    XTB Tracks reveal
    More Legends scale BW reveals
    Something G1 chug. Anything. For the love of God.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If you’re going to the convention and only care about the reveals/exclusives you’re conventioning wrong.

If you’re talking about as a place to reveal stuff for people not going? Maybe. But it’s a fun reward for the attendees. And the room during the panel is fun. Lot of excitement and energy.

• Like Like x 6
  11. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

DX9 Soundblaster

Iron Factory: more BW Megatron, Hound, Terarus and Runamuck/Runabout. Plus whatever random new reveal they have up their sleeve. It seems like there is one every year: Sunstreaker/Sideswipe, Red Alert, Seeker repaint.
    Probably won't happen but I hope IF has an updated Blaster and Perceptor; even a teaser or silhouettes. And another carbot like Nightbeat, Hot Rod or Ratchet. Someone important to the IDW stories.

NewAge: more repaints, maybe a toy version of Smokescreen or RID Prowl? More photos of their Insecticons, Ratchet, Ironhide and Megatron. Maybe a new reveal like Deluxe Insecticons, another minibot like Cliffjumper/Hubcap or another carbot like Sideswipe/Red Alert.

Magic Square: updates on the Datsuns, the Seekers, and the Decepticon cassettes. Final pics of Cosmos and Hoist.
    And I am hoping there will be prototypes Reflector, Soundwave, maybe even Autobot cassettes. Unlikely, but I would like to see their versions of Jazz, Wheeljack and Hound.

• Like Like x 1
  12. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

I can ‘predict’ a lot, but I’ll just keep it to what I am interested in. I say we refer to these kind of threads as ‘hopulations’. Sounds like hopeless, which all of this kinda is really (especially in today’s 3P landscape). Ehm so, my list:
    • Full-color prototype of Cross Dimension Galvatron, but nothing on their (Hot) Rodimus;
    • A big reveal from Iron Factory. Could be a big bot like Omega or Sky Lynx or maybe a v2 IDW Prime (cause there are not enough Primes this year);
    • MMC’s Star Convoy in full color, hopefully with a de-chugified altmode and indication of MP-level treatment (cause it sure looked like an oversized chug product) + clarification on the vision behind this new line and/or info on that other new line which was supposed to start with Drift;
    • Something season 3 from Ocular Max;
    • Reformatted: whatever bot Rick was working on (Chromedome?), the same Tesaurus prototype as last year and no news on Helex;
    • Nothing on Kup and Springer from XTB;
    • Nothing from Fansproject (edit: except for the next release of the A3U Kausality set).

• Like Like x 2
  13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Maketoys Highbrow, Brainstorm and Fanstoys Skullcruncher final samples. Make it a Headmasters party. Throw in at least one g1 MP Defensor and a proto of KFC Powermaster Optimus Prime it'll be the best TFCon ever.

Chances of any of that happening however are slim to fuck all, leaving a damp squib.

I do have a gut feeling though. I can feel a MP G1 Computron in the air. That might be last nights Nandos though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope we get a shipping date for Fans Toys Jabber, the first pair of MMC's Autobot cassettes, and at least one of the two MakeToys headmasters, so we can start to figure out just how much longer those are going to take to wrap up various sub-teams/parts of our collections, along with Fans Toys Chomp.

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I agree with just about all of this. I cannot stress how important it is that we get some new life in the forms of figures and companies doing stuff or this will start circling the drain. We need 3 more Fans Hobby’s. DX9/UT and MT leaving the scene without the Gigapowers and the like foreshadows a bad omen. The combiners may be the end.

Bayverse Bonecrusher or MP Dai Atlas/ Sonic Bomber/Road Fire. This hobby will revert back to a more expensive CHUG and doesn’t realize that most people will bail. I have no interest in the current toy lines and especially paying 3P prices. If they are just going to move to Bayverse, Beast Wars, Galaxy, Energon most people are going to peace out. From here on out I am committed to buying just about everything that FT and XTB/KFC do but they cannot do it alone. I am not buying any more Takara.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Legends will be the standout as always

I hope for a CHUG Raiden and something of the Turbomasters and Predators. But I always hope for that

• Like Like x 2
  17. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Next two FT combiners.

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Im just really hoping not to see more of the same....unless its the Omnibots or the Jr Headmasters i just have no real interest in anything 84-88 or anything movieverse. So cmon 3rd party, surprise me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    XTB will show Gravestone which will rile up the crowd some.

Then FT would counter with a fully redesigned Blitzwing, and the crowd goes wild.

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    MP First Aid reveal by Zeta.

• Like Like x 3