TFcon Orlando 2020 CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Onslaught24, Oct 27, 2019.

1. musashi3000gt

musashi3000gt Well-Known Member

People are blowing this Coronavirus thing way outta proportion. Considering its only killed like 8% of people infected and most are elderly or people with pre-existing pulmonary disease. Influenza killed 34,200 Americans last year according to the CDC. The H1N1 Flu killed 41% of people who caught it. There is no reason to freak out other than the news networks profiting off the ratings from telling you to panic.
    With that in mind I do respect people who rather hide in their bunkers and play it safe, but from a business perspective and considering that this convention generates both revenue and invigorates the followers I see no reason to consider cancellation or postponing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  3. Super_Megatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  4. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Are they going to announce any exclusives? When does that usually happen for TFCon?

5. Super_Megatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  6. Rustface

Rustface Well-Known Member

Hm....I don’t know how I feel about that...but I may grab it just because it’s my first con and it would be a nice souvenir

7. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Hold out, because one or two more figures are likely to be revealed, and you may prefer one of those over this one. That’s what I’m hoping for, anyway; otherwise, I’m hoping someone will have Thunder Prominon, Roswell, and/or Van Guardian.

8. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

I'm not one to go Chicken little,but I'm surprised this is still scheduled to go on with the Corona virus spreading.

I was thinking of going since I'm in Tampa but am having doubts now.

9. SkywarpsGhost

SkywarpsGhost Well-Known Member

Dublin Comic Con was cancelled today, it was this weekend.
    Honestly can’t see this going ahead :/

10. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am also in Tampa and concerned about going. I am sort of on the borderline for "at risk" and due to my health, most likely will not be able to go. I have contacted the con promoters. They were pretty rude about my concerns and flat out said no to a refund.

11. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’d definitely argue that, take it back to your credit card company if you have to.... to put the COVID-19 crisis in perspective, starting the 16th (we are on spring break atm) all classes at UCF (the university just down the road from the con, my college of attendance) have been cancelled for two weeks... the whole convention may get shut down in time.

12. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, if indeed I cannot go. I will be filing a claim with my credit card. It is not just tickets but the customizing class and t-shirts so there is physical product too. I have not made my decision just yet. :)  I really do hope that I can go.

13. musashi3000gt

musashi3000gt Well-Known Member

I'm not the least bit impressed by a common cold that kills less than 4 percent of people infected worldwide! I'm still going. Seriously unless you're like a 77 year old toy collector this Coronavirus is nothing to be afraid of! Ive got 4 grand burning a hole in my pocket and if they cancel this I'm just gonna end up spending it all at the Tactical Sh!t grand opening.

14. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's all meant to be "blue" text, right? If not, you need to do some serious research.

15. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

From what I've heard about the Wuhan Virus is that you only really need to worry about it if you weak immune system, other than that it really isn't something to panic over.

16. tranceformer

tranceformer Member

News Credits:
    I guess...unless you're concerned about being a vector for other people to catch and spread it...

• Like Like x 4
  17. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the real issue. A person can be asymptomatic for 2 weeks a spreading it to people that are more susceptible to developing serious complications. To have the attitude that one is young and not affected is irresponsible and ignorant. We need to be thinking of others not profit or friggin toys.

FL is 4th in the country for confirmed cases. For now, all those are travel connected and there is no spread from unknown sources. But we have one of the highest populations of elderly AND are a major tourism state. We will get community spread and the, as of last night, CDC has said FL is moderate risk. Not low. This can change very quickly The idea is to delay spread as long as possible. Right now, the FL is on top of the situation but to stay there and delay getting worse we need to be smart and not make dumb decisions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Velocitronian

Velocitronian Broke College Student

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I think it will be fine guys. Due to travel bans it won't be having much of an international attendance. It's a big convention but not one of the biggest. They should put out a statement on hygiene and hand washing as that's a common issue at cons but other than that I personally don't plan on changing any of my plans and I don't think anyone else should either. I already live in NYC and the place I work sees more international and regular attendance than the con will see the whole weekend. Just keep up your own hygiene and precautions and you should be fine. Focus on having fun and not spreading panic and/or your germs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Guest Information for TFcon Orlando 2020

Cancelled: Victor Caroli, Hal Rayle, Vince Dicola, Jose Delbo, Alex Milne, Jack Lawrence, James Raiz

Combined with the President banning European Travel to the US, things aren't looking good.

20. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The governor has also just called for all mass gatherings of people to be postponed for the time being.