TFcon Online Virtual Transformers Convention Oct.24-25 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by XBurner071, Sep 13, 2020.

1. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

did you notice the mini-Superion from Zeta? :D 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Website says November/December

• Like Like x 1
  3. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

YES, but, doesn't that make him more of a relatable leader? Is that only me? Do I need an ice cream right now? Yes, yes I do ...

• Like Like x 2
  4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

!!!

Thank you! Woo! I totally didn't notice that was a mini version! I skimmed right over that assuming it was full-sized.

Well that's good! That's something!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FH has talked about Fireguts since before Power Baser first came out, so it should happen eventually. I recognize you weren't asking for it here, but I figured it was a good time to mention it.

Just wanted to ask do you mean Planet X IDW Grimlock? That was the one shown in todays presentation, not MMC's, but that isn't conclusive to what you mean.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Maketoys Shockwave - is that cross dimension? Dang he looks fine. I hope they keep that one going.

Was not expecting planet x to do IDW Grimlock. Assuming a lot of the FOC version is in there, what a retool.

Fans Hobby Wheelblade and Cab - yes please. No interest in Cybertron Trilogy, but I'm sure the fans are dancing in the street.

Cang Toys Divebomb - I might just get him as a standalone since he looks like a darn fine bird, that doesn't ask you to ignore the robot arms.

MMC D-Zef and Exitus are on my list, but no deep need.
    Orion and Rung are another story. So was Onyx Primal. Pretty sure he's star of this year's exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

That Armada Prime has to be one of the most mixed feelings giving figures I've seen. I love what it's based on but I really don't know how I feel about the figure itself and so far that Prime/Sparkplug just REALLY ain't doin it for me; maybe I just love the OG designs of both too much but it's really conflicting. Somehow that Energon Optimus tease is actually...kind of exciting though. Far from my fave thing ever but ever since I got the Platinum repaint I've had a soft spot for that toy so a more articulated and sizeable one sounds fun.
    That XTB Deszaras looks solid though. Have they upped their quality? I'm still bummed with Apollyon being a piece of crap that split like Jazz in 2007 but if they've gotten notably better since then might give em a go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, geez! That's the Planet X version! I totally got it confused with MMC's version. Well, it looks good too! I guess I'll have to look at them side-by-side to decide which one I'll go with.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MrLemming

MrLemming Well-Known Member

Ugh... dammit that Rung...

*clutches his wallet worryingly*

• Like Like x 1
  10. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    XTB's quality is MUCH better than their Apollyon days. There are some people who swear by them now, though they still some things that worry others. They have had 1 major issue recently (Dragstrip), and other figures have had some minor issues, but nothing like the old days of XTB.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

Next tfcon 3p panel should not include any slides of anything that was previously revealed up to a week out from the convention.
    Only thing that grabbed my attention was maketoys acid storm. Everything else was a bunch of MEHsterpieces and trying to keep life support on the idw MTMTE characters.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to summon @dalianjj here to find out why nothing new was shown?
    The whole panel felt like being at work all day thinking about your food in the refrigerator at home only to come home and find out someone ate it.

13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Curious -- What were the exclusive slides?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of was that cross dimension shockwave but who knows if you blinked you missed the 2 second maketoys preview at the beginning

• Like Like x 1
  15. Black Conoy

Black Conoy Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Can\'t wait for the Fanshobby Armada Prime, I never was satisfied with the original brick toy

• Like Like x 2
  16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not going completionist on IDW1 figures (I'm probably not even getting the entire DJD, just the purple ones, LOL) but I agree that Rung is a must-have. That Planet X IDW Grimlock might have to be bought too. And Planet X Shockwave seems upscaled for the FoC line but seems pretty much perfectly scaled to act as Dark Cybertron Shocky. Might have to cop that too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. The Rhinestone Ronin

The Rhinestone Ronin Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I never thought I'd see MP style Omnibots. I'm into it!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Eah, that's fair.. Don't care about coneheads but also hoping for maketoys to survive. People seem really invested. Also, hoping the cd line pulls in some other designs as well, like those seekers wearing dinobots and whatnot.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know you're joking, but still. Its even worse when you realized even mmc and px pulled off more lithe dezaras. Seriously, they managed to capture his essence better, and they were doing idw interpretations. It does technically fit with takaras saber, but he's also too fat.

Having said that, dezaras is all of us right now during 2020. Nothing left to do but open the fridge...

• Like Like x 2
  20. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    He hasn’t posted anything in October. His last post in September was to squash rumors that Fanstoys was DOA or being hunted by IP police.

He’s probably too busy swimming in $$$ from recent releases.

• Like Like x 2