TFcon Los Angeles 2024: March 8–10, Transformers Generation 1 Reunion w/ Peter Cullen & Frank Welker

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

This is shaping up to be one of the best Cons ever. I just wish I could have gone.

• Like Like x 4
  2. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

That is correct! Definitely, hit the booth and say hi to Chuck! It should be a great show!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  4. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Dude, Arthur Burghardt? That's crazy awesome. I may be going to my first LA Con!

• Like Like x 4
  5. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I meet arthur burghardt at a robotcon in Pasadena several years ago. I was going to get his autographs and while we were talking i referred to him as a voice actor and he flipped out on me and started yelling at me because he claims to not be a voice actor but his an actor. Needless to say i walked away and didnt get his autographs but david kyle was there too and i had a great conversation with him for about an hour and got a great autographed photo from him too. The point of the story is destro bad bw megatron good.

• Like Like x 2
  6. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So happy to hear Hal Rayle will be attending!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zordonsage

Zordonsage Well-Known Member

I think Devastator  is more menacing  & intimidating. Then Destro and  his forces  ever will be.Devastator  is  6  and a  giant.. I noticed too devastator  does not have  high  intelligence Like scrapper & hook has.

8. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

will tickets to the Peter Cullen / Frank Welker autographs be available in person? the site says sold out so I was wondering if I missed my chance..

I guess I'll also give this a try:
    If anyone has a Peter Cullen / Frank Welker Autograph ticket that they are willing to sell, please DM me!

Update: HUGE THANKS TO @Orb01! Thanks to him, I am no longer looking for tickets! What a great guy! Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  9. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Probably steer clear of VOICE ACTOR reference & MILKY WAYS when engaging in small talk.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Captain Cid

Captain Cid Harpoon Dragoon

Ebay:
    Same here, Shrapnel is my favorite character. Hal always seems friendly, engaging and very funny.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Stories like these make me glad I'm not famous.

12. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  13. NB6

NB6 Member

How much of a loss would people say it is to not stay at the main con hotel?

Dragged my feet seeing if work would play with those days and now the Marriott is sold out. Was in Chicago the last time and the convenience of being RIGHT THERE was pretty great, taking purchases back up and etc... I'm sure it'd be /doable/ still but also no parts parties or the like, no fellow fans just lingering around, has me second-guessing a bit.

14. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sucks I don’t live close la I want ask Peter Cullen he doesn’t like line we will kill them all but it’s ok for him to accept prime to say destroy you it means same thing as kill prime take take faces and rip off heads and almost killed few decepticons in animated movie if unicron was not main villain it’s ok show prime be violent but not ok for prime day violent words sounds little contradicting answer.,

good for people who get go have fun who live la area

15. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Will Venus Terzo be making a guest appearance?

16. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thinking about going to my first TFCon, but I'm not sure what to even expect. I'm not interested in any of the guest panels. Maybe if they had the toy designers there, but nothing so far. Besides the panels, is it just a big marketplace and third party reveals?

17. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    They can be a lot of fun. I usually try to attended them as little trips for myself. Do some shopping, attend a panel or two. Depending on the panel you might want to get to them early for good seating. If it’s Peter or one of the more popular those fill up fast.

Then there’s the unwashed, so cologne or perfume is recommended for your own piece of mind.

I think the LA one will be one of the last I attend. If you go often enough you start to hear the same stories at panels etc. I’m hoping that depending on scheduling that they’ll have the entire remaining G1 cast all together for a panel. Again it depends on schedule and individual deals in place. But they’re fun if you don’t mind crowds.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

Hal was a blast to chat with I talked with him about Pipes for awhile and he said he was the quintessential handyman and went right into it... ' I have the part in my shop but, I'm busy until early next week...' Or something to that effect, but he's still got it for a season 3 character that got way too little air time. Maybe I'll get his autograph on this round.

19. Insecticon

Insecticon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I don't regret at all at deciding to go to TFCON LA. I just keep hearing about how big and awesome it is and with how this roster is shaping up I'm expecting it to be packed.

20. Captain Cid

Captain Cid Harpoon Dragoon

Ebay:
    Last year's TFCon LA was my 2nd TFCon, after Chicago in October 2022. I had an incredible time there. Met and talked to lots of the G1 toon voice actors and writers, bought a few things, including some art. I'm going again next month, but it will likely be my last to LA. The main draw for TFCon for me are meeting voice actors, writers, and going to panels. I can buy anything there online. Between last year and this year, pretty much all living G1 cartoon cast members will have been there. I wish I could go every year, but it's expensive and time consuming if you don't fly which I do not. I'll go again if it's ever in Chicago again, but the LA one was far superior.

• Like Like x 2