TFCon Hasbro Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 30, 2011.

1. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Why not? They've done it before. That's like 20 cents to hasbro. Their top executives probably spend more than that at a strip club on their lunch hour!

I'd love to see all the molds over the years that were made and nobody ever saw. Gotta be tons of them.

If lucky, maybe discount retailers take some discontinued stuff off their hands cheap. I don't get that. Hasbro operates an online store! Push the crap through that and partner up with other online retailers to take some of the excess. BBTS and TFSource I'm sure would gladly take large amounts, especially if offered at a discount just to get them out.

I don't know what it is. There always seems to be some really good options out there for stuff that Hasbro never wants to consider. I thought they liked money too, but from what they sometimes do and don't do, I really gotta wonder!

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the most part, molds that went unmade were from lines that were discontinued (like Animated for example). This is the "classics" aesthetic, and we know its not going away any time soon (though there may be a break here and there). Not to mention these could easily fit in with the Prime toys look-wise, and could be put out in that line. Unlike Animated toys, which don't really fit anywhere else.

But regardless, its up to the individual here. I'm content on waiting, and picking up these guys at retail if they make it for $7-$8, and I'm not going to spend $50 for the japanese set (though now its going for much more). If they don't make it out eventually, oh well. I have plenty of toys laying around, my collection isnt going to suffer if I'm missing 2 scouts.

3. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree. When I hear a, "No Comment", I get an impression that an idea, at least, is being evaluated, and being developed to the point of continuation or termination.

Hasbro has had enough to time since the cyberverse line (and even the legends class) was released to get the all important feedback, that helps determine among other things profitability and longevity of this line. I betting its been good too. Good enough to think about basebots playsets.

Long story short, if you want basebots, buy playsets, it just might work.

We might see something by toyfair or the next botcon,too.

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Not keen on legends but I'd buy a few to populate a citybot if Hasbro brought those back.

5. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is what you call an "Associated Product" sales strategy. Hasbro is probably looking into this angle too. If I were marketing this for Hasbro, I would be looking into any and all ways to tie in product sales to a bigbot purchase. This type of strategy seemed to work out pretty good for them back in the 80's with the whole micromaster playsets thing, which came out after the bigbots, by the way.

6. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO mention of mirage bleh. He's gonna show up right at the end of the DOTM line most likely. Which could be nice, it'll be a nice send off into a possible spin-off line like hunt for the decepticons was.

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know. I think it was in August some time last year.