TFcon DC 2019 Oct 25-27 w Dan Gilvezan, Paul Eiding, David Sobolov, Michael McConnohie, Vince DiCola

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by LarELar, Mar 18, 2019.

1. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Cool, thanks.

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Instagram: colin_tfcon Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  3. Brooklynwolf

Brooklynwolf Well-Known Member

I've been to comic cons, anime cons, but never to a TFCon. I plan on going to the one in DC. What should I expect? There are some KOs and 3rd party digs I'm looking for, are they sold at TFcons?

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board. If mods have issues with this, please correct my mistake.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Are you kidding? TFcon is THE 3p convention. They have 3p exclusives FFS.

You'll find anything and everything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, More of a 3p discussion since it is a "3rd Party" convention, I can't attest to anything either, I'm not gonna go to my first one for anthor year.

6. Brooklynwolf

Haha thanks man, yeah I'm definitely out of the loop when it comes to cons focused on TFs.

Pretty hyped about it though, can't wait!

7. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

You see things there that you will flat out not expect to see. 3P is the name of the game at TFcon.

8. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    I just wanna grab the 2 X-transbots G2 exclusives for their stunticons, this years TF Con exclusive and Overheat and Deathwish. Maybe Toydojo will be able to come through by the meetup? Also any chance something like this(JinBao DF03-2 Builder.D Devastator Oversized G2 Yellow Version Set of 6) I'll be able to find at the con?

9. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I won’t be able to make it this year, due to my wife’s health. Unfortunately the ticket is nonrefundable, so I’m out the $107:/ Apparently, I bought the Premium weekend pass, instead of standard weekend pass? I don’t remember there being two choices.lol

Oh well. All I wanted was G2 Death Wish, and a side trip to DC.

10. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Toy-Dojo-TFcon.jpg

@ToyDojo pre-TFcon BBQ! Open to all!

Time: Thursday, October 24 from 4PM - 7PM
    Location: Use this address but it will be across the street at the gazebo/neighborhood park (42231 St Huberts Pl, Chantilly, VA)
    Free Food: Burgers, dogs, chips, etc will be provided by Toy Dojo. If you'd like to bring something to share, we'd appreciate it, but it is not required
    Details: Before TFcon, come shop and hang out with the Dojo Disciples. You will have an opportunity to shop the Toy Dojo inventory prior to the show including some special deals and prize giveaways (free entry to anyone who purchases anything at the event).

We will also have some prototypes/samples to show off.

Hope folks can make it!

~Paik

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How is the dealer room at TFCon? I don't collect TP stuff, but there are some older figures I thought I'd look for.
    Basically, would it be worth going if you don't collect TP?

12. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Instagram: colin_tfcon Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There is a huge selection of Transformers lines from G1 all the way up to the latest releases and imports of today.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Cool. I'm planning on going on Saturday, so hope to see some fellow TFW'rs there!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Then you're a veteran. You might find it small, yet laser focused. You won't see anywhere near as many cosplayers as say NYCC but the few that do show can be jaw dropping (the 8' tall Bayverse Ironhide from '17)

Okay go the out of towners, if you wanna see something other than DC, I'd recommend going to Harpers Ferry (a small town that played a part in the opening of the Civil War. So it's been preserved and is now a federal park.)

Williamsport (south of Hagerstown) had a Jellystone Campground and a canal museum.

And earlier this year I discovered Middleburg, VA when I was diverted due to construction. Looks like a cute little dinner/bars & shops town, with a lot of DC money coming through. Maybe a nice spot to butter up a spouse/date before subjecting her to 2-3 days in a hotel ballroom.

Or like others have said, you can go to DC where you can spend a month and not see everything. Also I believe there's a rail line out to Leesburg now, extended from Dulles. If you want D.C. but value your car (sanity?) you might go that route.

Also the hotel itself is in one of these new "mini cities" that have been popping up lately in North VA. A combination of retail, "don't ask how much a month" apartments and a hotel or two. I seem to recall there were many food options a quick walk from the hotel.

Last time I brought my company truck (semi) and hid it at a loading dock a block from the hotel as I wouldn't fit anywhere else, so I was worried about it all con. This time I'm just gonna bring my car.

15. Brooklynwolf

Wow, thanks for that! I'll keep all of that in mind! I am super hyped now!

16. neeral36

Paik4life can let you know about the stunticons. The JinBao may be a Toy Dojo item also; if not you will probably find it at the con.

17. neeral36

Absolutely. Just about every vendor has G1 items for sale. Back in '17 there was one vendor that only sold G1 figures; had somewhere around 250-300 figures if I were to guess. I have been hunting (and I mean hunting) for a MIB G1 Hound. I missed one back in '17 by minutes. This year I will succeed if at all possible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Good to know. I'm actually going to be looking for some Beast Era stuff, as well as Universe and maybe a G1 or two.

19. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    One last question, I have the weekend pass, is the dealer room open to me on Friday? Or only Sat-Sunday?

20. neeral36

Friday is the day the vendors' setup their booths so that is a non starter unfortunately. Friday is generally the day people pickup their lanyards (access ticket), shirts, and other random things. Friday afternoon will be the start of the panels and of course the trading events in the lobby and in individual rooms. Weekend pass holders get early dealer room access at 9:00am on Saturday and Sunday (General access tickets get access at 11:00am). Premium pass holders get access to the Con Exclusives on Friday night.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019