TFcon DC 2019 Oct 25-27 w Dan Gilvezan, Paul Eiding, David Sobolov, Michael McConnohie, Vince DiCola

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by LarELar, Mar 18, 2019.

1. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only a 3.5 road trip for me. So we will be there and more then likely will set up and sell off what stock we have left

3. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Great, the hotel with the worst possible parking garage for vendors...brilliant.

4. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    What are the chances David Kaye or any BW voice actors show up??

5. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After the huge LA TFCON I might have to sit this one out, unless they somehow get Corey Burton...;) 

6. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After we all thought Welker would never do a con, Corey's about the only living holdout, isn't he? If I understand, he has zero interest in doing cons, correct?

7. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've read that Corey attended a handful of Disney conventions, though I don't think he was officially signing autographs. Botcon tried to get him over the years and even made a souvenir card for him so maybe there was a small possibility. I know he also attended Rob Paulsen's Talkin Toons "Disney Afternoon" episode of his podcast that was held at the Hollywood Improv in LA in front of an audience.

THIS WAS BACK IN 2015, NOT THIS YEAR!!!!!!
    tt_disneyafternoon-590x393.jpg

8. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

I've seen footage of Corey Burton at panels for the Disney show, convention, D23 Expo, but I haven't heard of him signing autographs or doing pics with the fans at that event before.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Magna Convoy will lead us to victory

wouldn\'t it be wild if Botcon just came back

10. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

Music to my ears. Just need to wait for tickets to go on sale. I really enjoyed sleeping in my own bed after the days of TF bliss last time it was in Reston. I am 16 miles away.

11. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Ow, mah leg!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!!! I will SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO be there! Great news!!! Getting my wallet ready now!

12. Dod Ear

Dod Ear Father of Three

Special request from some of you TFCon vets:

I'm not a Transformers guy - my background is GI Joe. I joined this site to trade some club crossover stuff and stayed around in behalf of my oldest son who is a huge G1 TF fan.

He'll be 10 by that time. Reston is only 3.5 hours away. In your opinion, would it be worth it to take him? Is there enough for him to enjoy / participate in as a younger fan?

For the record, he's not your average 9 year old TF fan. He loves TF especially due to the engineering aspect of transformations. His chosen reward for completing his homework and chores is usually watching a Baltmatrix review. He loves and genuinely appreciates Masterpiece (MP-10 was was what he asked for at Christmas a year ago). He refers to his TFs as his 'collection' and likes to work on his 'display'. He's never seen the movies - just started with Rescue Bots, Robots in Disguise and G1 cartoons.

So, what do you all think?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  13. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Hmm. Was there a podcast about how average joes go about managing a booth at one of these things? I have a couple metric buttloads of toy I'm willing let go of and some decent prep would make this more convenient than ebay or donations.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    He was at the last DC TFCon. Awesome guy.

15. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK dont get my hopes up man, him and Scott Mcneil are my VA icons in the TF world. I hope they are both there, would love to get my MP boxes of 43 and 41 signed. Or my BW DVDS AHHH!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    There was a board up where you could do a room party if you wanted. Some of the folks with 'stuff' did so from their rooms. Personally, I did enough trades just in and around it was great.

17. neeral36

Absolutely worth it to bring your son. The panels tend to be fun and educational. The one thing if you can manage it is getting tickets to the figure customization class (take a standard figure and modify/repaint it into another character); it sells out quick (normally 80-100 seats) but you would make his year. There is more info about it on the TFCon website. Also the dealer room will be a treasure trove of stuff from Diaclone/G1 through the current retail figures. If he's into the mechanics of them he will enjoy seeing where the hobby came from. There will also be a multitude of engineering samples of future releases that have that cool factor to them that he will probably enjoy seeing. There is also the social aspect of it; he will meet a lot of other fans his age and some older one's to.

18. neeral36

There really is not a whole lot to it. You rent the space you need (typically in 6'x6' or similar blocks), you bring your own tables/display cases/ shelving units and setup your wares. Then you sit back and watch as your stuff goes away to new homes. I am thinking of possibly setting up a place in the dealer room this year myself. I too have an enormous amount of stuff I could see myself parting with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Instagram: colin_tfcon Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Exhibitors

20. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Good good. I was a touch worried since they used the formal stuff like company and display name and thought, what if just a dude with a lot of toys wasn't a thing anymore?