TFCon DC 2019 Exclusive MMC Reformatted R37 Bedrock

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Nah Bulkhead was always cool :) 
    There’s a good quality KO of Prime FE Bulkhead coming too, by APC Toys.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like MMC's Reformatted line. They are things you can abscentmindedly transform back and forth to recreate the good old times as a kid while you do other stuff; not the chore that demands your full attention less you scratch the paint or break something that masterpiece figures are turning into now.

But the thing is that shelf queens posed as statues that you hardly touch sell way more than figures meant to be handled and have fun with.

This niche of a niche market is what it is. Plus money plus space. So with that and shit ton of companies making TFs don't get surprised when stuff that was fully shown long ago but didn't get much attention in their respective threads gets bumped down into an exclusive. 3P is a risky business with an ever dwindling pie and MMC won't risk doing a full run of a figure that has hardly gotten people exited when a preorder or render for a thing that won't be real for ages gets all the attention. It's just simple capitalism: reduce risks.

So making small runs means that the figures will actually se the light of day and hopefully make enough profit to fund other projects.

Convention exclusives sell well and are planned way ahead to be delivered at the convention (if not they wouldn't be convention exclusives now would they?). They are small runs so they are done faster plus changes are minimal compared to new figures that require a lot of back and forth communication between the maker and the factory to reduce problems as much as possible. Believe it or not, making combiner parts or big bots require a lot of attention and sometimes changes. MMC Onslaught had been done for a long time yet changes are being made to make it able to work with a toy kit now. Changes or error correction happen all the time behind the scenes... Plus the factory's priority of making the stuff that keeps it running in the first place (hint, it isn't 3P) and you can see why there are delays.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Just recently bought my first MMC figures, Ebrius & Gravus, but if I can get my hands in Bulky and Ratbat after the con I might be in for more MMC.

Always liked the look of the Rodimus and Drift molds. The Roadbuster/Strika mold never really did it for me but in Bulkhead's color and that head it looks really good. This is the Bulkhead while he was part of the Wreckers.

• Like Like x 2
  4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Good, no OM Azalea exclusives this convention ;) ... was afraid i might get tempted to overpay to get it shipped to me from PSX.

This does look good, but i dont even have the regular Orange one yet. Either would be good, not sure which i prefer. though no more robot mode shelf space... I would have to keep it in alt mode.

5. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    psx on facebook confirmed availability outside the show, fyi

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Enfin

Enfin Destron

I like the bulkyness of this figure. Those wheels look great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well, that was really never in doubt. It'd be an exception to the trend if MMC exclusives weren't available post show.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    This right here sums up what I love about MMC toys. They're still TOYS.

That said, you still have to mind them sometimes; sometimes clearances can cause rubbing on noses and such (happened with my OM RumbleFrenzy). But the Reformatted line is generally a "pick up and play" line and I love it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. They are really nice figures. The colors are often very eye pleasing and they're fun to pose and handle. The materials improved over time and posability can be hit or miss but they have great shelf presence and are usually low risk to transform.

If only they could plan their regular releases so well, what a world that would be. ;) 

10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    What's PSX?

11. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, what the hell..... I am in for 4 out of 4 this time around.

12. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    if the regular releases were just repaints/retools they would be. but that doesn't get you new tapes:horse: 

• Like Like x 3
  14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let it go, man. Let it go. It'll be okay. Promise.

15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I want this guy, but seriously can't swing it until the paycheck after this. Urgh.

16. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont even try to get more MMC R series. You will be addicted.......................

I have never read a page of comic and I keep telling myself I don't need MMC R series since I started my collection as I know none of them. But after I picked up my first (I can't even remember who it is because I have so many), I can't stop collecting...................

I have Roadbuster and Strika and love them, especially Strika. I was hesitate to pick Roadbuster originally until I get him at $60 on Ebay and he is much better in hand than in picture. I like Bedrock but given there are too many toys to buy recently and basically he is a mix between Roadbuster and Strika, I will skip it. I know I may regret in the future but you can't get everything you want, isn't it?

17. solskjaer

News Credits:
    I seldom/rarely transform my collection but MMC R series is probably the only series I can pick up, transform, play with it and then transform back to bot mode for display without worrying about any breaking, stress marks and paint chip.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

Totally agree i flip tyrantron,carnifex,kultur back and forward all the time as well as the rest of my mmc collection only exception is there nova prime he scares me to death especially bot to alt.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Btw, PSX taobao store said there will be one more conference exclusive which will only be revealed in the conference. When I asked if it is from R series, they said "NO". FYI.

• Like Like x 2
  20. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bedrock is such a good name for Bulkhead.