TFcon DC 2019 exclusive Mastermind Creations Reformatted R41 Ultio

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Darkprime, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Just re-proved my point. As always, a pompous douche.

2. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Well, in the top scenario, in all likelyhood, he probably wouldn't have reception. But on the off chance he did, well, shit happens in life.

As for the other point, my family has had this debate with my father whom /HAS A CELLPHONE/ but /NEVER BRINGS IT WITH HIM OR HAS IT ON./. My father, is an asshole, an inconsiderate terrible asshole. His excuse is "He'll just use somebody elses." Which our landline friend could also use, and I suspect has the common sense to look for a persons phone or ask for one legitimately as opposed to my father.

I give people the benefit of the doubt. I also have been in situations where mobile phones and such weren't useable(Thanks Super Storm Sandy.), and I survived. I actually enjoyed it because it felt like older days since we also lacked power. You make the best of what you got, and you do you. Our landline friend, can do himself. No need to rag on him, yeah, he may have a cynical view of society, but well, so do a lot of people. I just hope at some point they'll see the light along with many others that the world isn't as scary or bad as we think, and it's what we make it and we can always make it better, even in small ways.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

Hey guys? Remember when this thread was about an awesome toy?

Hopefully these shipments get sent out soon so we can get some more awesome pics of this tremendous character.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Right.

Way to make a stand with your few word replies. And you proved *my* point by yet again being a humongous twa*waffle. And by not quite utilizing reading comprehension.

@Calabask -

Thank you for the intelligent reply.

@Lord Black Cat -

Hopefully we’ll get back on track and the people who ordered him from PSX gets theirs soon. : )

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Put another way, convention exclusives that many people appreciate and often provide an avenue for repaints that otherwise wouldn't exist, shouldn't be outlawed because one guy chooses to not use modern means of communication and interaction with the companies whose products he allegedly collects. He is choosing to make it harder on himself to collect them. That doesn't mean 3Ps should inconvenience the rest of the community or cease producing their short-run exclusives just for the sake of one random dude's extremist life choices.

As far as douchery, it appears to have begun when someone posted an image of zombies and talked down about everyone with a cellphone or credit card. That was unnecessary.

• Like Like x 5
  6. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

tenor (5).gif

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    When I said nobody is posting pictures I mostly meant just showing it off like in all the appreciation threads. Sure, they showed pics before the show for advertisement but I'm surprised there aren't a ton of pics coming from the actual fans. I'm used to everybody getting the figures waaay before I do & posting tons of pictures & making me drool. I figured anybody that picked him up at the con would be showing him off by now.

See? That is exactly the problem. Everybody got along just fine without cell phones back in the 70's & 80's into the 90's. But now nobody can survive 5 seconds without the damned things. I hate that mentality. Cell phones are *optional* not *vital*. But now in a very short amount of time they have become equal to blood, water & oxygen. So bad that people are implanting the shit right into their bodies. That's what you call "crossing the line". From sanity to insanity.

What boggles my mind is the way people can't put their phones down for 2 seconds & rely on it to do every single thing. And they totally lose their shit if they have to go more than 5 seconds without it. They are pushing us to be 100% reliant on technology. And I totally hate it. My local Walmart used to have at least 1 human cashier during the night & the self checkout was always closed. Recently they switched that. Now they're forcing everybody to check out themselves. Not all of us are cool with that. I like to go grocery shopping around 3am so there are no people getting in my way & I don't have to stand in line for an hour. But now I have to self-checkout a whole cart full of items & I have back problems. It's painful & inconvenient.

I contact my friends just fine through my house landline or email. And I have no credit. I just never established any. If I apply for a credit card I get denied & it says reason: no established credit. At first I was going to try to establish credit but as time passed I realized I really don't need it & never use it. I get by without it just fine. I don't even notice, it's not necessary at all. For me anyway.

Extremist life choices? Because I don't have a stupid mobile phone? Do you even realize:

A. Cell phones have only been around for like 20 years? Compare that to the thousands of years humans have been on the Earth. How did billions of people ever survive without them??? :rolleyes:  You're acting like mobile phones have always been around since the very beginning.

B. You are forcing your opinions, views & lifestyle on me. I am being forced to comply with technology whether I like it or not. See my comment about self-checkouts above. But if I get mad about it that makes me the douche! Because I don't agree with your opinion. Also, I didn't paint that picture of the cell phone zombies. Somebody else took the time to paint that so there might be something to it. Our society is loaded with those zombies that will walk right into oncoming traffic because they can't put their phone down for 2 seconds.

And exclusives suck because 4 or 5 years later, if you want to go back & buy it or if you had it, then sold it & would like to buy it back you are shit out of luck. It's not bad at the time of release. I'm looking at a few years down the road. That's when it really sucks. When they are simply not available anymore. I want to buy back my Botcon Arcee & Mass Production Noisemaze & can't. Exclusives are also a huge problem when they are army builders like Mass Production Noisemaze. Isn't it ironic how a character named MASS PRODUCTION TYPE is one of the most limited & impossible figures to get in the entire franchise?

And what if you just got into collecting Transformers right now & totally missed the Botcon & Collector Club days? You seriously don't see a slight problem there? What if you see a cool figure you would like to add to your collection but there is no way to find or afford it now? That doesn't suck just a little bit? I wasn't paying attention to Shattered Glass at the time. But now I would like to get a voyager scale SG Optimus Prime. I can't even find the CHMS KO anymore.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your grocery store situation is kinda the same as what was pointed out previously. You choose to live life as the exception, but expect others to cater to your specific desires. You want a human cashier? Go shopping when they're working. A company's business model should not be subject to the habits and desires of a handful of people.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with how you choose to live. It is wrong to expect the same number of conveniences as those who choose to do what they need to in order to take advantage of those conveniences.

• Like Like x 4
  9. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

So, uh, how about that dope face sculpt on this guy? I've said it before, but MMC's face-person should be in charge of the faces for every 3P company.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Always liked the look of Ratbat, don't know why. Rember as a child reading the comic and Ratbat being more a character than in the cartoon, it struck me as weird than but did like it, and then in DW comics he came back also with a personality. IDW just completed this revamp of him by giving us his pre cassette form.

Maybe it is the color, also a sucker for SG Optimus Prime and G1 Skywarp.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lordcryotek

Purple is my favorite color and Ratbat here is one of my favorite shades of purple.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

@Aimless Misfire I can understand your point. I do have a cellphone because I had trouble with a landline connection some odd twenty years ago (okay, I had trouble with a fellow tenant who had access to the landline and often removed it out of paranoia that I was usiing it to talk about him), but it's an oldy. Only usable for phone calls and text messages (and very grainy pics). No smart Phone for me, although I do fear I have to switch because of work.

I do find a credit card to be very handy, but only because it allows me to get things I want cheaper.

4 or 5 years later. Dude, you're so wrong. Exclusves suck if you want to get them now! MMC is at least so considerate to make it possible to order from their PSX website, but they're the rare exception.

I would also love to have the Siege Rainmakers or Siege Ratchet, but those are store exclusves to some USA store and not living in the USA...means I can't order from that store and will be paying twice as much by either importing myself from e-bay or a USA on-line store (cheaper, but import taxes) or hope some local on line store gets them for twice the USA price.

I thoroughly hate exclusives.

I agree with the sentiment that exclusives are likely the only way we get some rare variant, but there should be an option available to order them on line from the seller/producer for those who can't get them from the exclusive source. Again kudo's to MMC.

Meanwhile, I still haven't decided if I want Ultio. He looks amazing, but I just can't imagine a place for him in my collection.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I can see a place for him in my collection, I just don't see him as Ratbat and can't figure out a name I do like for him.

Plus, I kinda don't want to spend anymore money for the time being. Buying four Sphinx variants has already tapped my budget.

If I have any complaints, it's having four hundred dollar variants at one convention.

14. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    If you are from Europe you could try TF Robots.

15. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly my point. They charge 155 euro for the Siege Rainmakers set so that's over $ 170. The Target price is $ 80 making it an almost $ 100 price increase. I've seen them cheaper on e-bay, and that's with import taxes.

(Also, Siege Thundercracker cost me 32 euro, so three of those would be just under 100 euro, making the TF Robot price 50 percent more expensive. I'm willing to pay a bit more for an exclusive, but I don't like bending over to get my toys. TF Robots are way too expensive.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  16. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    Got my shipping notice from PSX. Now just have to wait for it to cross an ocean and a continent, and then back across the continent the other way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DrCalligari

Yup! Got mine too. I figure it will be here in 2 weeks to 2 months depending on customs.

18. lordcryotek

I didn't get mine yet...I ordered EMS, so I'm hoping it'll be here in time for Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DrCalligari

I admire your patience.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lordcryotek

I mean the $30 faster shipping...so definitely not patience.

• Like Like x 2